+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Hi All, I got passport request for my parents today. I am trying to figure out a way to send their passports via a courier. Can anybody tell me if I can pay for that online on VFS? So it is picked up and dropped off from our home?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi there, at least there is one case delayed like mine, application submitted on June 04 2019, sponsored parents, presently in Pakistan, medical passed in Jan 2020, biometric sent in December 2019. All other documents sent incl pcc, resume, pp copy, demanded with SA letter. All documents
Sent till March 2020 in installments. After that silence, requested atip notes on 16 August 2021, on 18 August file transfered to London from CPC-M. Atip notes not received yet.. Four months passed. They are not asking any thing not providing any update. Just covid and Refugees, I don't mind but when I see even 27 June case receiving pp requests and 2020 case getting copr I wonder what's missing in the file. Next step should be remedical and pcc as they are expired.. Now the last resort is MP inquiry.
All old friends have left this room one by one. It's very gloomy and deserted.
London is very slow again. I'm June 12th applicant, medical completed in May 2021. Additional documents submitted, but were asked for again, and submitted again. Nothing after that. Your medical was done long time back. I don't know if MP office could be of any help!

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Finally received passports for my parents back after stamping PR visa along with COPR letters for both.but they marked medical surveillance for my father due to History of Tuberculosis.
Any1 have any idea how does surveillance thing goes n will be this Medical surveillance paid or free...? his medical for PR was passed only after he underwent most accurate/invasive (FNAC ) test to rule out active Tuberculosis.
Still y they want surveillance...???
He could have inactive TB which still requires surveillance. All treatment will be free. It’s usually a nine month course of medication.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Help,
I just got an email requesting divorce papers of my mom and it said final notice submit in 30 days, i never got a previous letter

second, my dad just left my mom many many years ago and my mom has no divorce papers

what should i do?
I would just send a letter explaining the situation. They are legally separated. My MILis from a country where there is no divorce. She hasn’t spoken to her husband, or her second “husband” for many years. Dependents on the application are three minors. We just sent a letter explaining the situation and they accepted it.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
London is very slow again. I'm June 12th applicant, medical completed in May 2021. Additional documents submitted, but were asked for again, and submitted again. Nothing after that. Your medical was done long time back. I don't know if MP office could be of any help!
Some people say their file started moving after MP inquiry, just checked on go.ca average processing time for pgp applications and it says 20 to 24 months mine done 30 months hence .... if there is some info or doc missing they may delay infinitely. Only way to get info is by notes and that too is denied. You need not worry as you got remedical that means under process and it’s matter of time. In my case I am scared of rejection.

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Some people say their file started moving after MP inquiry, just checked on go.ca average processing time for pgp applications and it says 20 to 24 months mine done 30 months hence .... if there is some info or doc missing they may delay infinitely. Only way to get info is by notes and that too is denied. You need not worry as you got remedical that means under process and it’s matter of time. In my case I am scared of rejection.
I contacted my MP as well but all they said was "Oh! COVID this and COVID that, follow up in 6 months". That was about 2 months ago. I didn't see my application get fast tracked. Maybe if my riding was Liberal it would have helped.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
I need help.
I scanned all the additional documents they asked me for and it turns out to be 8.7mb.
Should I divided to be less than 5 and make it 2 attachments?
Any advice please.
@serious_cheese, @laxsun anyone else that went though this?

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I need help.
I scanned all the additional documents they asked me for and it turns out to be 8.7mb.
Should I divided to be less than 5 and make it 2 attachments?
Any advice please.
@serious_cheese, @laxsun anyone else that went though this?
you can also try to compress your PDF documents, you can either try to compress them using either Adobe reader, or you can use preview (if you use a Mac) and convert them to a jpg, compress the size and then convert it back to a PDF. There are also online websites avail fro compressing your documents. Just make sure that they are still readable after compression

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
you can also try to compress your PDF documents, you can either try to compress them using either Adobe reader, or you can use preview (if you use a Mac) and convert them to a jpg, compress the size and then convert it back to a PDF. There are also online websites avail fro compressing your documents. Just make sure that they are still readable after compression
Thanks so much for the advice. I’ll try that!!

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Hi. I received an email asking for updated schedule A background form. However, the request is the provide all addresses of the countries where you have lived since age 18 ( it did not mention or 10 years). That is the request. However, I am wondering if it's a typo as my parents are over 60, so I should be giving address for the last years. Can someone advice me please. Thanks

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi. I received an email asking for updated schedule A background form. However, the request is the provide all addresses of the countries where you have lived since age 18 ( it did not mention or 10 years). That is the request. However, I am wondering if it's a typo as my parents are over 60, so I should be giving address for the last years. Can someone advice me please. Thanks
Hi there
They asked me for the same, since 18 yrs old but the form says or last 10 yrs whichever is more recent. I wrote down all of them since 18 yrs old and sent it. I mean we don’t want to risk it. Since it says it needs to be duly completed you won’t have another opportunity to do so. I said just do what they ask you to.
Hope it helps.

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Hi there
They asked me for the same, since 18 yrs old but the form says or last 10 yrs whichever is more recent. I wrote down all of them since 18 yrs old and sent it. I mean we don’t want to risk it. Since it says it needs to be duly completed you won’t have another opportunity to do so. I said just do what they ask you to.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for your advice. I started completing based on 10 years but then when I reread the letter, it only says from 18 years of age and no mention of 10 years. I will complete based on my parents 18 years of age. Thanks so much for your advice.

Reactions: gigab

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
I don't think there's anything to worry about other than the delay. By the way, I received the first medical and not the remedical.