+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Congratulations!
Thanks. Can you pls advise on this
I understand I need to reply to "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" email
and my mother is in India right now, (i sent webform request to update her address to Indian address on Oct 2nd, yet to reflect online )

What are my next steps? Just reply to "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" email saying PA is in India with her current address?
And what's this PR portal ? Do we need to create an account or will IRCC create it for us? Its a bit confusing
Please suggest.

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Please update my timeline in the spreadsheet.
*App Rec* Jun 24 2019
*AOR* Dec 03 2019
*Biometric req* N/A
*Biometric Received* N/A
*Extra Documents Request*: Oct 1, 2021
*Medical Request* Oct 07, 2021
*Medical Visit* Oct 14, 2021
*Medical Pass* Oct 25, 2021
*Extra Documents Submitted*: Oct 22, 2021
*PPR*: Awaited
*Stamped Passport*: Awaited
London VO
we both are on same boat.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
If parents have a valid super visa, will they be asked if to send their passports or only COPR? They are not in Canada now. Thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks. Can you pls advise on this
I understand I need to reply to "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" email
and my mother is in India right now, (i sent webform request to update her address to Indian address on Oct 2nd, yet to reflect online )

What are my next steps? Just reply to "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" email saying PA is in India with her current address?
And what's this PR portal ? Do we need to create an account or will IRCC create it for us? Its a bit confusing
Please suggest.
Reply to that email and mention that your mom needs PR Visa and COPR to land in Canada.
They may send your mom's file to NDVO to issue PPR.
Alternatively if your mom has visitor visa, she can come and PR portal may be useful to receive eCOPR and PR card.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramko

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Can someone explain a “Ghost Update” and how do you know you have a ghost update? TIA!
When you login to mycic and on first page it shows 'profile updated' but when you go into details, nothing is changed. Then when you comeback again, it shows default message of 'action required'

Reactions: mydesire

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
@laxsun @serious_cheese please update tracker.

Line# 809
DM2 on 27th Oct 2021
CPC-M
PPR Received 27th Oct 2021

Last edited:

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
hello newbie here,
please add me to the forum
Country :Rwanda: province : AB| sponsoring :Mom and 2 dependents| Invitation Email: Apr 27,2019 | File sent: June 21, 2019 | File reached: june 24, 2019l AOR: Dec 3, 2019 | Bio Request: July 22, 2021 |decision made july 22,2021| visa office : Dar ES Salaam| bio passed august 11 | Medical Request: October 14, 2021 | Medical Passed: october 22, 2021.
I have added you to the tracker

Reactions: laxsun

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Reply to that email and mention that your mom needs PR Visa and COPR to land in Canada.
They may send your mom's file to NDVO to issue PPR.
Alternatively if your mom has visitor visa, she can come and PR portal may be useful to receive eCOPR and PR card.
thanks. Will reply that mom is in India right now. But not sure, what other issues it will cause :--( Do you foresee any other isssues that we need to be aware of? Slight delay in process is okay as Mom can only come here in MArch 2022,

Reactions: serious_cheese

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
@laxsun @robertp + other senior members:

June 2019 applicant here with parents in Pakistan (London VO). My parents did they first medical in June 2021, mother's was passed but father was asked to do a re-medical in September. Now they have asked him asked for another chest xray/CT scan in December 2021 (probably 6 months difference needed for TB rule-out).

My question is that if they are visiting Canada around that time, can I schedule a medical exam here in Ontario (instead of the scheduled one in Pakistan)? Things to note for that or keep in mind? Does that make the process slower? Do you recommend doing it in Pakistan only or it does not matter much? If it does not matter, what's the process to book? I don't have an updated letter from IRCC about the re-medical requirement - only the concerned doctors group in Pakistan reached out directly for this - so what document can I use to show and book here?

Thanks so much!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun @robertp + other senior members:

June 2019 applicant here with parents in Pakistan (London VO). My parents did they first medical in June 2021, mother's was passed but father was asked to do a re-medical in September. Now they have asked him asked for another chest xray/CT scan in December 2021 (probably 6 months difference needed for TB rule-out).

My question is that if they are visiting Canada around that time, can I schedule a medical exam here in Ontario (instead of the scheduled one in Pakistan)? Things to note for that or keep in mind? Does that make the process slower? Do you recommend doing it in Pakistan only or it does not matter much? If it does not matter, what's the process to book? I don't have an updated letter from IRCC about the re-medical requirement - only the concerned doctors group in Pakistan reached out directly for this - so what document can I use to show and book here?

Thanks so much!
Your father can have IME in ON.
For the physician doing medical test, they need an IME requisition letter from IRCC. You can consult with the panel of physicians near to you in ON.

Last edited: