+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hari_13

Apr 23, 2021
Great thanks for your detailed answers MaddyBhatia1041!

Regarding Question#1 on PGP always being via lottery sounds bad :( .. Do you have any data on what's the probability of securing the lottery. i.e., is like a 50% chance of getting through in the first year, or that usually it take 2-3 years (of course its lottery, so I understand that one may never get a chance even in 10 years in theory assuming the lottery is annual)

Regarding Question #2, thanks for info on income requirements.

Regarding Question #3, the 2-year PR wait is sad too :( ... When I check Canada official portal it shows 121 days (6 months) but looks like you are predicting that my PR will be 2 year and parents PR will also be another 2 years (note: my question is mainly on pre-covid timelines, I understand that covid has messed up thing since 03/2020 but I hope things to 'get back to normal' at some point in future)
https://ibb.co/pwm5cRg
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
A simple work permit takes 3 weeks though (per https://ibb.co/1RX2fNR)

thanks,
hari

Hi Hari
As per my knowledge PR for parents is purely lottery basis , it was First Come First Serve in 2019 only.

Secondly, you have to have sufficient income as per guidelines depending upon the number of family members in your household including your parents.

Thirdly, now a days PR is taking beyond processing times. CiC says 20 to 24 months but due to COVID they don't provide any time frames even 2019 applications are under process.

Lastly, As you have to prove you income for 3 years with all 3 NOA's . You have to work here for 3 odd years.

Experts - please correct if I am wrong !!

Good Luck Hari..

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents file in 2019. As of now, the ecas status says below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
There has been no update in the past almost 2 years? Most of the posts that I see here are at far more advanced stage.
Is the timeline of my parents file normal?
Mine says the same . June 17,2019

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Generic Response of WebForm Enquiry

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Help needed.
Can we ask for re-medical exempt due to COVID? Any one has any success?

Medical passes and expired a year ago.
Parents live alone in home country, exam has to be done in a different city than where they live and need to stay overnight. No one can take them.
I cannot fly back in middle of pandemic to take them to the exam. (More because the home country is restricting travellers, so I will be denied entry at the port

Any advice is appreciated

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
@YULIA-2016:

Row 474

DM: 23 Apr 2021
Additional Doc Request: October 26, 2020
Additional Doc Request: January 19, 2021

Does anyone know how long does it take from DM to Virtual Landing Email?
No one can predict the timelines these days with this pandemic. Ours took 12 days from the time of DM2 on
15th Jan 2021 and virtual landing on 27th January 2021. COPR was issued on 28th January 2021. Hope this info help.

MaddyBhatia1041

Apr 2, 2021
What does this mean????

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to sponsor parents:
• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on June 20, 2019.
• The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible has been finalized on March 12, 2020.
• The eligibility requirements assessment has not been initiated.
• The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
• The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
• The security verifications have not been initiated.
• Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

@robertp @laxsun
@YULIA-2016 @serious_cheese

Hi Team, This is a revert I got from NDVO. Can you suggest with your experience how much time it may take to get all this steps done...

Reactions: serious_cheese

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
What does this mean????

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to sponsor parents:
• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on June 20, 2019.
• The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible has been finalized on March 12, 2020.
• The eligibility requirements assessment has not been initiated.
• The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
• The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
• The security verifications have not been initiated.
• Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

@robertp @laxsun
@YULIA-2016 @serious_cheese

Hi Team, This is a revert I got from NDVO. Can you suggest with your experience how much time it may take to get all this steps done...
You only got approved as a sponsor and nothing happened after. Unfortunately, there is currently no timeline for processing PGP applications.

I believed this response you received is from your MP. After you sent your file to Ottawa it got moved to CPC-Missisuaga for further processing. Your file is not in NDVO.

Were your parents in Canada, when you sent this application? I have noticed many applications got stuck when they were talking to waveoff Biometrics for applicants already in Canada but, eventually started taking bio at Service Canada.

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
@Paul09 .
Yes I guess that time parents were in Canada on tourist Visa and file have been sent from Brampton.

Do u think this will ever get processed...
I'm into same boat, and I believe there are many more. They are only processing the applications which they are half through. I don't know when they will be looking at these applications, but definitely they are not going to prioritize these anytime soon.
Only option I see.

I would say keep emailing your MP, every month, although they ask to wait 3 months. Keep calling ircc every now and then.

Other than waiting I don't think we have any option left.

gagansodhi

Jul 10, 2017
Hi,
I just got an update to provide the following:

> Client Information: Receipt of information from client Please provide updated residential
addresses for yourself and your spouse. If you or your family member are currently residing in Canada, please also
provide the projected time period of your stay (dd/mm/yy to dd/mm/yy).
This must be received at this office by: 2021/05/25

The email was addressed to principal applicant (my father).

1. Is this a form?
2. If not, any template?
3. How do I respond? (I am the sponsor and their representative)
4. Residential address would be where are are living currently in their home country? Please confirm :)

Any additional advise please

Thanks.