+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
for sending Passports to VFS office in Delhi. My parents have old & new passports, do i need to send expired and new passport both? Also why is VFS asking for two separate packages when both my parent are under one application and to be collected from same home? are they trying to squeeze more money out of us by asking two separate couriers for Applicant & Dependant.

Chintspatel

Apr 4, 2018
Hello guys,

My parent's medical results expired yesterday (Feb10 2021) and the current status in my account has been updated from 'passed' to 'you do not need medical exam, we'll let you know if this changes'
Does this mean an agent has looked in to the medicals expiry and decided to exempt re-medical or does this simply mean, a decision is yet to be taken and that a re-medical may or may not be required.

Please advice

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hello guys,

My parent's medical results expired yesterday (Feb10 2021) and the current status in my account has been updated from 'passed' to 'you do not need medical exam, we'll let you know if this changes'
Does this mean an agent has looked in to the medicals expiry and decided to exempt re-medical or does this simply mean, a decision is yet to be taken and that a re-medical may or may not be required.

Please advice
It is changed automatically after the expiry date. It will still be decided by the agent that if re-test is required or not.

Reactions: Chintspatel

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@serious_cheese @geol
Do you guys have some idea how much time does it take after DM2 (after 2nd medical pass) to COPR when parents are in Canada ?
It's been more than 1 week and I have not received anything yet.
Please help !

Thanks in advance !
It depends on the application. I think you should receive PPR within the next few weeks. Last year, some people had to wait months while others recently received as quickly as the next day.

Reactions: geol and abhi.here

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hello all, I don't have access to GCKey as my mother's case was filed by an agent. My mother is here with me in Canada for the last many years on visitor visa/extensions. I have been checking the status using the Online Tool. On Feb 9, the status of PA changed to "Decision Made" however if I click on the link it does not have any updates since Oct 20 (the last update was that they required some forms/ PCC again from our side). Is it normal? What should I expect next and when?

I received pre-arrival letter last mid-week and my mother is in Canada with Visitor Extended visa

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello all, I don't have access to GCKey as my mother's case was filed by an agent. My mother is here with me in Canada for the last many years on visitor visa/extensions. I have been checking the status using the Online Tool. On Feb 9, the status of PA changed to "Decision Made" however if I click on the link it does not have any updates since Oct 20 (the last update was that they required some forms/ PCC again from our side). Is it normal? What should I expect next and when?

I received pre-arrival letter last mid-week and my mother is in Canada with Visitor Extended visa
Congrats! This is normal but you should check in with your agent to see if there is additional info on GCKey account. If a positive decision, next will be PPR/virtual landing.

Reactions: sandybrampton

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@serious_cheese @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun

Ecase status finally changed to Approved Feb 5th.

Question:
Anyone has parents landing in the upcoming week or maybe landed recently? I understand the new travel rules are not in place yet (the hotel Quarantine rule) but soon will be. can anyone direct me to a forum/thread to give info on experiences shared? hoping to get my parents land ASAP.
thanks
Parents landed Jan 2.
PR application link to myCIC Jan 5th
PR status approved Feb 3
PR card received Feb 10

OHIP apply next day after 14 days in house quarantine period completed. OHIP coverage start same day ( no more 90 days waiting period)