+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to contact local MP to help with you file?
Would they give any pushback if you try to seek for their help?
What is the best way to approach them for immigration matters?
Thanks
My personal experience, I couldn't get any help from my MP. They are just saying everything is normal and you are within the normal processing time. I read here that some people get help form their MP, but it didn't work for us.:(

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My personal experience, I couldn't get any help from my MP. They are just saying everything is normal and you are within the normal processing time. I read here that some people get help form their MP, but it didn't work for us.:(
You need to find contact info from you local MP office.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys please help,

My parents application was received June 18,2019 and is in process for both side since February 07,2020. They are here in Toronto and we requested GCMS note after one month came back without any new information. It just show last update was Feb 07 and" SPR eligibility is not started"
And SA's met for: "blank" status: not started.

I was thinking our application stuck in SSA check as my husband was a cosigner and sponsored in the past, but apparently it's not.

Any thoughts or experience on why there is no progress? !?
Thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi guys please help,

My parents application was received June 18,2019 and is in process for both side since February 07,2020. They are here in Toronto and we requested GCMS note after one month came back without any new information. It just show last update was Feb 07 and" SPR eligibility is not started"
And SA's met for: "blank" status: not started.

I was thinking our application stuck in SSA check as my husband was a cosigner and sponsored in the past, but apparently it's not.

Any thoughts or experience on why there is no progress? !?
Thanks
For June 18 applicants the file must be stuck because of Covid situation after February. It may take little longer to get SA approval.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
@robertp Please update! Application in process since October 23,
Question for Mexico VO, I know it is very slow office and witH COVID more, but how long have you wait since your application changed to IN Process to medicals or to receive anything from them. Biometrics sent in March! Thanks

andybrownahm

Jan 7, 2020
Hi, how can i know update on my parent's sponsorship application? application was received june 10th 2019, biometrics done jan 6 2020. no updates since then and nothing on ecas

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@robertp Please update! Application in process since October 23,
Question for Mexico VO, I know it is very slow office and witH COVID more, but how long have you wait since your application changed to IN Process to medicals or to receive anything from them. Biometrics sent in March! Thanks
This means Mexico VO started processing the application after receiving from CPC-M. IP to IME is average 60 days with maximum of 404 days as per tracker.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Anyone had a line added on ecas saying correspondence sent but never received it? Our sponsorship application status says correspondence sent on oct 28 but we haven't received anything on email or mail or CIC account. The additional line is not there on PR application status. Also my CIC says we need additional docs from you but not sure what it is. They asked for my dads resume and updated residential address on a letter dated oct 19 through CIC account which we sent on Friday the 23rd. What could this be? Please advise!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I really appreciate any help here:

I am a May 15 applicant. My application included my parents and my sister as dependent child. My sister was 22yrs and 5months old in the time of the application. By law, she could not be included in the application. But I did include her adding a cover letter explaining that my sister is still fully dependent (financially as she is full-time student and legally according to the laws of her country). They did not say anything about her being ineligible to be in the application, they asked for her biometrics, her medicals and even sent her a pre-arrival letter. Today, I received a letter saying that she is not eligible to be in the application as a dependent child. They gave us 60 days to provide more info and change their decisions.

I know that according to Canada immigration law she is not a dependent children as she is older than 22 yrs old and as her financial dependence on my parents is not due to a physical/mental conditions. However I have two questions:

1. Why it took them so long to say that she is ineligible? Isn't this one of the first things they check in CPC-M? Asking for her bio, medicals and even sending her pre-arrival letter and now they noticed that she is not eligible? It does seem to me that one officer in CPC-M initially accepted my cover letter and now another officer in my LVO did not accept it. Any thoughts?

2. Do you know any similar cases? Is there a way to include my sister as a dependent child as she is financially and legally dependent on my parents?

I appreciate any thoughts or advise.
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew
The rules are pretty firm and there was already an increase from 18 years old to under 22 years old. Your parents can still support her from Canada but I don't see any way she will be approved.