+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, my parents received requests to submit passports for immigration visa. Don't know exactly when the visa will be valid for. Now I'm a bit concerned about the mandatory quarantine plan Canada is enforcing. I'm wondering whether anyone living in a condo with multiple bedrooms but only one washroom and doesn't have a personal vehicle has successfully completed a quarantine plan before or not and could you please share what type of plan would be acceptable. Thanks a lot ahead!
Either you all quarantine together for 14 days and nobody leaves your condo or you get your parents an AirBnB.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations! I am in a similar situation as yours. My dad arrived from India on Sep 5th. I have updated the address but have not heard back from CIC yet on COPR or transfer of file. In your opinion would it be a good idea to call up CIC again? Also did CIC call you up to check whether parents are actually in Canada before emailing COPR?
Yes they will call and confirm that someone is in Canada before sending virtual landing because some didn’t notify CIC that they were out of Canada and accidentally got a virtual landing.

Reactions: Anujbatta10

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys I called CBSA they put me through a immigration officer she clearly told me my brother would be denied entry.

I am thinking to change his flight to a later date or rebook it so that he can come as my fathers dependent.

What u do u guys think ? How many days apart shall I book his tickets ?
You should only book his ticket when you know he can land. You will probably need to wait until your parents have their PR card in order for your father to be allowed to board. Only presenting a landing document may not be enough for the airline. You will have to check with the airline when it comes to what kind of proof they require to show that a parent has PR. Assume your brother is 21 or younger.

Rob1985

Jul 30, 2020
Congratulations! I am in a similar situation as yours. My dad arrived from India on Sep 5th. I have updated the address but have not heard back from CIC yet on COPR or transfer of file. In your opinion would it be a good idea to call up CIC again? Also did CIC call you up to check whether parents are actually in Canada before emailing COPR?
Yeah, do call IRCC to confirm if the address of both your parents has been updated. Mostly they should update it for both the parents, but for our case they updated the address of only my father.

I got a call first from CPC-M to confirm if my parents are in Canada and then got a call from London, Ontario IRCC office for a telephonic landing interview. After that they sent the CoPR

Reactions: Anujbatta10

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp my parents got their PCC done in March . Which is expired now as per 6 months thing. Did IRCC extend any timeline or will they have to get new ones now ?
We r in the same boat. My parents‘ COPR is expiring soon.
Did you submitted March PCC via webform without PCC request? if not , please submit March PCC via webform. Do not wait for PCC request.

Police certificates
Police certificates for parents and grandparents applications are not required at the time you submit your complete application. Police certificates will be requested by the processing office for the person being sponsored and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

You don’t need police certificates when you submit your complete application. We ask you for police certificates for the person being sponsored and each family member 18 or older (who aren’t already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

Police certificates are generally valid for 1 year from the date they’re issued. Depending on processing times, we may ask you for new certificates.

See how to get a police certificate for up-to-date information about obtaining a police certificate from any country.

link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Last edited:

Anujbatta10

Dec 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2018
Yeah, do call IRCC to confirm if the address of both your parents has been updated. Mostly they should update it for both the parents, but for our case they updated the address of only my father.

I got a call first from CPC-M to confirm if my parents are in Canada and then got a call from London, Ontario IRCC office for a telephonic landing interview. After that they sent the CoPR
Thanks @Rob1985 for your reply. What do they ask in telephonic landing interview? Do they want to speak to both the applicants?

Fighter2020

Sep 22, 2020
Hello All

I am a newbie here and need your help.

I got request letter from CIC asking for my voter ID card and Aadhar Card as proof of relationship to my mother. I don't have either of them. How can I explain this to CIC.I am Canadian resident since 2012.Donot know what to do? Anybody had gone through similar situation? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring CoPR and permanent resident visa
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, you don’t need to tell us until you’re ready to move to Canada and live here permanently.

When you’re ready to move to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, for example, to look for a place to live, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan, or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

@canuck78

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
In my opinion the highlighted quote does not supersede travel restriction which is very clearly outlined on the website. You got a concise response from an immigration officer too.

But if siblings werent counted as immediate family they would have put it straight forward how they have put it for grandparents.

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
But if siblings werent counted as immediate family they would have put it straight forward how they have put it for grandparents.
Similarly people could also argue for other relatives (e.g. aunts, uncles) not being specified in exclusion criteria. Given how broad the list could go IRCC could at best specify who are considered immediate family members.

I'd suggest you speak with more IRCC/CBSA agents to consolidate the responses. People on this forum provide mixed opinions based on how they interpret the rules but it's regulatory authority that has the ultimate say. Just my two cents.