+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  • CIC Receives the Application
  • CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage.
  • A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change. There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number.
  • The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p)
  • In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created)
  • The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (This has been debated either way in this thread)
  • The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID, new UCI (if old ones are inactive) and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available.
  • CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID.
  • With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  • Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. In process Stage in ECAS.
  • Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
Just to add to it. My agent told me that your final file number will be first character removed from temporary file number. Temporary file numbers start with ‘X’ and final file number will have ‘X’ removed from temporary file number.

diveshsingh

Nov 25, 2017
In additional family information form to include brother and sister there is only 3 which can be included , should I add an additional sheet to provide the 4th one

Anyone facing issue to pay fees ( I’m getting technical difficulties or maintenance page)??

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
In additional family information form to include brother and sister there is only 3 which can be included , should I add an additional sheet to provide the 4th one

Anyone facing issue to pay fees ( I’m getting technical difficulties or maintenance page)??
Yes, you can print the same (empty )page again and fill it up, you can also write down EXTRA SHEET on the top of that page.

For your payment issue, try different browsers, also delete the history and clear the cookies before you go to the payment website. Good luck!

Reactions: danny_scars

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Do the non-English certificates have to be certified translations as well as notarized? The translator says that for notarization I will have to go to a different person who is a notary, is this right information?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Do the non-English certificates have to be certified translations as well as notarized? The translator says that for notarization I will have to go to a different person who is a notary, is this right information?
Yes. You translate it into english first via a certified translator then the notary will notarize the translated document.

Reactions: Feb2004

roozbeh

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-01-2015
Hi Everyone, quick question. I am sponsoring my mother and her husband but there is a chance that they get separated in the middle of the application and then the husband decides not to come (also there is a probability of divorce). How should I proceed when they get the fingerprints/medical-test requests? Should I just leave it like that so that the husband simply does not just show up or do I need to withdraw his application?
Make sure the principal applicant is your mother.

Reactions: ds3010

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
I can't believe that the question that has been asked the most on this thread doesn't even have anything to do with the forms, but the ink of the peno_O
I think it has been asked like 250 times already and replied another 300
" Oh I cannot find it", there is a huge search button at the top of the page where you can say "search this thread only" and find your answer, but guess no one is willing to use it
Please don't answer if you find it so annoying.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I can't believe that the question that has been asked the most on this thread doesn't even have anything to do with the forms, but the ink of the peno_O
I think it has been asked like 250 times already and replied another 300
" Oh I cannot find it", there is a huge search button at the top of the page where you can say "search this thread only" and find your answer, but guess no one is willing to use it
Humble request.

Please, if you do not like a question, please do not bother answering it because it will never come out right.

You may think a question is frivolous. Someday you will ask a question and I might think in my perspective that it is frivolous. That does not mean I should put down your question.

Thank you for understanding.

mkc2211

May 2, 2019
Hey guys,

Looking for your expert opinion on this one. My mother does not have any Family Name on the passport. In IMM0008, i filled the given name in Family name box and left Given name empty, as per CIC instructions. But in IMM5669, both Given Name and Family Name are mandatory in order to validate it successfully. Anyone got ideas on how to deal with IMM5669, in this case?

Thanks.
You can put NA in the given name and validate. Attach an explanation letter for doing the same.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
You can sponsor your mom only and list your dad as non-accompanying dependent. But your dad still needs to take the medical exam. If he fails the exam, your mother's application will be rejected. I've seen several cases like yours, where the applications were rejected due to medical inadmissibility of non-accompanying dependents.
exactly, that's why I said no

diveshsingh

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, you can print the same (empty )page again and fill it up, you can also write down EXTRA SHEET on the top of that page.

For your payment issue, try different browsers, also delete the history and clear the cookies before you go to the payment website. Good luck!
Thanks for replying

I have another question, I only know his last location in Canada and we are not in talking terms, is it okay to put his last location or should I put his address of Indian home