+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hello Guys,

On form IMM5768 (FINANCIAL EVALUATION) for question 15 & 16 if we select NO (We don't want to give our consent) as I am providing the NOA and Form IMM5748, do we still need to write our SIN# and sign on the signature block?

please advice.
Any other suggestions?

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
I have a question on form IMM 5669
My dad was sem-retired for full year (2017), I have marked that year 'unemployed' under personal history. During that time, he travelled to England with family for 1 month.

As per the guide on IRCC website:

If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc.). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

Now, I am confused, should I enter this month trip as well within the Personal history section?
Hi, did you get answer to your question?

I also have similar situation where my parents visited me in Canada for a month in 2016. Looking at the section initially I thought to enter that but later on (sleeping over it) I realized its more of Employment continuity and if traveled outside country on Visitor VISA and not employed. So I decided to skip that info.

Not sure if its correct or not.... any thoughts on this is really appreciated...

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi, did you get answer to your question?

I also have similar situation where my parents visited me in Canada for a month in 2016. Looking at the section initially I thought to enter that but later on (sleeping over it) I realized its more of Employment continuity and if traveled outside country on Visitor VISA and not employed. So I decided to skip that info.

Not sure if its correct or not.... any thoughts on this is really appreciated...
@newtoforum2

u should add trips. this is to clarify the person's personal history (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc.), not just employment. if they have lots of entries, just add an additional page. and remember NOT to leave any gaps.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hello everyone,

I just finish IMM 0008 form and printed it out. Then, I realize I forgot to fill UCI. And for some fields and the second nationality, I left it blank instead of filling N/A or Not applicable. I already validate and sign. It's inconvenient to reprint and sign because my parents live in China.

I wonder what should I do??

Handwrite UCI and other fields, e.g fax and second nationality. Or, just leave it blank??

Please advise.

Thanks.
it's inconvenient? lol

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I am almost finalizing my package, wanted to know how did you guys arranged them ? did you write any cover letter and use one paper clip for all pages or used different clips and arrange documents on section basis as per the checklist ?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I am almost finalizing my package, wanted to know how did you guys arranged them ? did you write any cover letter and use one paper clip for all pages or used different clips and arrange documents on section basis as per the checklist ?
arrange them according to checklist
no cover letter - u already have the invitation letter that should act as one.. kinda/sorta
i used paper clips for each form and a binder clip to hold it all together

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
This is what responce I got from Tweeter Handle IRCC

May 24
@CitImmCanada Under ,Parents and Grand Parents 2019 Programe Can I sponsor only 1 parent ?My mother. (Principal applicant) As my father has Cancer and is bed ridden and won't be able to travel with her .Your assistance in answering this question is appreciated.

IRCC‏Verified account @CitImmCanada May 24
Replying to @
Hi, Yes you can apply to sponsor only one parent. Note if you only want to sponsor one parent (your mother for example) then your other parent (your father) would count as a dependant of the parent you want to sponsor.
I believe @YULIA-2016 is correct. Explanation is if they allowed only one member of the family unit to pass the medical, then later that one member could apply to bring their spouse in (and the government could not stop that), and that very ill person would then become a burden on the medical system. IRCC's Twitter team has a bad reputation for giving wrong answers.