+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vikram2717

May 6, 2019
Hello All

On additional family information form (5406e)

What if, the given space is too less to write name in English and native language ?
Can we provide separate document for all names in native language ? Does anyone needs to sign that document ?

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
hello,
My mother's passport reads no surname/ Family name, but this field is marked with an * on the form IMM1344. What do we fill in ?
Fill it with Given name in surname/family name and leave the given name value blank.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi to all. I am facing a problem with imm 1344. I fill it validate it , the message pop up that successfully validated and now you may print it. Instead of printing it I save it because I don't have printer at home. When I again open the file a message pops up that there is error. "The cosponsor country code can not be 11" second pop up " cosponsor alternate number can not have country code 11"
Very puzzling because I select phone number canada/US. Does any one has experienced this issue and found solution. Or after filling we have to immediately print it ?? Other wise validation is lost??

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Going by the form, it says "If additional space is required attach a separate sheet". Going by this, I created a custom word file and made a table like section C and filled the 2 extra family member's information & got it signed by my mother.

Can you please tell me if that ll be an issue? Or should I give my parents another copy of IMM 5406 form and fill Section C with extra info?

Is there any guild line for this somewhere? I ll really appreciate. Thanks.
When I applied for my father’s supervisa I did attached a customized sheet in excel all the rest of his siblings too because they are 13 siblings. And my father signed it too with date. There was no problem and he is approved on his super visa. I did the same again in this application. And if they will say to me to send it with the form that’s ok. But I think it will be ok because all the information are in there.

Reactions: joe9kah

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello All

I have this question. On background Declaration form (5669e) - Section 10 (Addresses)
Do we need to mentioned all addresses where my parents lived / stayed for last 10 years ?

Is there any minimum # of days requirement in order to provide that address (like 6 months or more) ?
There's no such rule. It's upto you And they are not going to ask for a proof or lease copy or anything. Approximate dates should be okay.
But it's safe to list each and every address even if it's just couple of weeks they lived in that address. Vacation / travel doesn't account as "lived in"

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Hello All

What if, the given space is too less to write name in English and native language ?
Can we provide separate document for all names in native language ? Does anyone needs to sign that document ?
Add an additonal form to write it in native language
Principal applicant has to sign the form.

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Thanks Andy.
Do we need to give my parents educational certificate also ? i mean graduation leve; certificate also?
No need for educational certificate as they are not asked anywhere in guidelines.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello All

Actually, the form doesn't take non ASCII characters. So, I attached an additional sheet listing all the names in English and respective names in Tamil (my native language).

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Better to report your income year-wise.
In the case above
2017-08-01 to 2017-12-31 Company ABC Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your T4 for the year of 2017)
2018-01-01 to 2018-08-30 Company ABC Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your T4 for the year of 2018)
2018-09-01 to 2018-12-31 Company DEF Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your T4 for the year of 2018)
2019-01-01 to Present Company DEF Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your pay stub for YTD gross salary)

All previous T4s are available at CRA My account if you have already registered for that.

Hope this helps.
It does, thank you!

ShinaArora

May 1, 2019
Looks like lots of your proof documents are not even required or needed by CIC as per their checklist but it never hurts. I don't think University educations certificates, Resume, Service tax registration, Tax statements last 10 years, Aadhar Card etc are even required at all. I am not including any one of the above documents at all. Always go with what has been asked from my point of view. Sometimes too much unnecessary information can cause confusion too.
Dear all,

Happy to announce that our application package was sent by Xpresspost to CIC today.

· We had started gathering data for all forms and supporting materials as soon as the new forms were uploaded.

· I had a business trip back home in India in mid-April (prior to invite) and was able to get all wet signatures on all forms as well as all notarized supporting documents prior to the invite.

· Dates in all forms are filled by hand and are dt April 30th. Please note all forms can be validated / saved printed etc. without the dates.

· I received my invitation on April 24, 2019 15:37 EST

· We have a pretty straightforward case (I think) – I am sponsoring my parents, my spouse is NOT a co-signer, we have one child and the Principal Applicant is my Father and his spouse (my mum) is the dependant. My bother (+30 years) has his own family, is settled in Australia, and not considered a dependant. Income is thankfully well above the required limit for all 3 years. I provided SIN so didn’t fill 5748.

· No staples on any form/ supporting document. Wet signatures in Blue (no such requirement, but things stand-out)

We arranged the package as follows

· Invite Letter

· Fee Confirmation (paid biometric fee upfront)

· Document Checklist

Sponsor Forms

· BarCode IMM1344

· Form1344 (Wet signatures)

· IMM5768 with SIN. In item 14 Gross Income I provided both incomes Gross Income as well as NOA / Line 150. This was filled by hand. By definition, Gross Income is total income before benefits and not NOA / Line 150. I have a Professional Corporation so my Gross Income and line 150 is significantly different. Both numbers for each year are well above the requirement.

Principal Applicant Froms

· BarCode IMM0008

· Form IMM008 (Wet Signature)

· IMM5669 – Principal Applicant with full details of Travel corresponding to all stamped pages of current and Old passport were included / Full details of Education, Professional Affiliations & Employment History (Wet Signature)

· IMM5669 – Dependant Spouse With full details of Travel corresponding to all stamped pages of current and Old passport were included / Full details of Education, Professional Affiliations & Employment History (Homemaker) (Wet Signature)

· IMM5406 – Principal Applicant with names (only) in English & Devanagri (typed) & Wet Signatures

· IMM5406 – Dependant Spouse with names (only) in English & Devanagri (typed) & Wet Signatures

· IMM5476 – Use of Representative with Wet Signatures. My parents designated me as the representative.

Supporting Documents(All documents were in English, but I got them notarized anyways.)

· Copy of Canadian Passport of Sponsor

· Birth Certificate of Sponsor

· Current passport – Principal Applicant (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Current passport – Dependant Spouse (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Original Marriage Certificate

· Affidavit Confirming Marriage (Original Marriage certificate had a small typo in my Mom’s last name - one alphabet was “e” instead of “a”. We decided not to take any chances)

· 2 Passport Photos each for Principal Applicant / Dependant Spouse. Sizes etc as per Photo guidance, with name/address of Photo Studio in India stamped, Date Photo Taken + Name of Person & Date of Birth.

Additional Supporting Documents

All documents were in English, but I got then notarized anyways. These are not required, but we included to provide proof of everything. I noticed that from previous years tracking / forum discussions sometimes the Case Officer asks for additional documents such as proof of travel / educational certificates / birth certificates / proof of income etc. which causes unnecessary delay. We decided to include them upfront.

· Proof of Sponsors Gross Income (this number is much higher than my NOA / 150)

· 2019- Till Date – Letter from CA/HR confirming income till date (April 30, 2019 which dorresponds to date of wet signatures on all forms)

· 2018 FY - T5013

· 2017 FY - T5013

· 2016 FY - T5013

· 2015 FY - T5013

· Birth Certificates – Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Not required, but reconfirming Names & authenticity)

· Old passport(s) Pages – Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Aadhar Card – Front & Back Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Proof of National Identity Document)

· Educational Certificates - Principal Applicant (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Professional Memberships – Principal Applicant (Corresponding to Professional Affiliations in IMM 5669)

· Educational Certificates – Dependant Spouse (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Proof of Principal Applicant’s Professional Practice in India (Corresponding to Proof of Employment for past 10 years in IMM 5669)

o Resume

o Service Tax Registration Certificate

o GST Registration Certificate

o Tax Statements – Last 10 years (2018-2008 FY) (1-page summary for each year)

Hello,

i like how detailed this is but i have few questions, I am sponsoring my mom , my dad is deceased and my brother is not dependent anymore. Below are my queries:
1) my Mom's passport does not have her last name/ family name and the form IMM 1344 has the family name field marked with * meaning it needs to be answered. what do i do ?
2) which 5669 form to be used. The website has IMMI5669e and eimmi5669e?
3) My mom has 4 siblings so i need an extra line at the end of Form IMM5406, what can be done?
4) Form 5476e does it need to be signed by the principal applicant or the sponsor, i need to have myself assigned as representative.

Regards
Shina

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
H
Better to report your income year-wise.
In the case above
2017-08-01 to 2017-12-31 Company ABC Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your T4 for the year of 2017)
2018-01-01 to 2018-08-30 Company ABC Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your T4 for the year of 2018)
2018-09-01 to 2018-12-31 Company DEF Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your T4 for the year of 2018)
2019-01-01 to Present Company DEF Gross Income $XXXXX (Check your pay stub for YTD gross salary)

All previous T4s are available at CRA My account if you have already registered for that.

Hope this helps.
Hi laxsun. Why t4 and why not line 150 of NOA for annual gross income figure.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello,

i like how detailed this is but i have few questions, I am sponsoring my mom , my dad is deceased and my brother is not dependent anymore. Below are my queries:
1) my Mom's passport does not have her last name/ family name and the form IMM 1344 has the family name field marked with * meaning it needs to be answered. what do i do ?
3) My mom has 4 siblings so i need an extra line at the end of Form IMM5406, what can be done?
4) Form 5476e does it need to be signed by the principal applicant or the sponsor, i need to have myself assigned as representative.

Regards
Shina
1. I think you need to write her first name in the last name column and leave the first name blank. I am not sure though. Please tweet to IRCC and get it confirmed.
2. The one listed in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html
3. Add an additional sheet.
4. Both need to sign the "Use of Representative" form.

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Hello,

Regards
Shina
1)
Indicate your family name(s) (surname) exactly as it appears on your passport or travel document (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.

Note: If you do not have a family name on your passport or travel document, enter all your given name(s) here and leave the given name field blank.

2) take the form from the website guide https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

3) yes you need an extra form and also fill the form in native language

4) yes , you must need to assigned yourself.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello All

Are you pressing enter tab after typing the name? This makes additional space for native language entry. Use fine liner for native names. You can add extra sheet if there is short of space. For example I have printed section C completely on excel and on form noted please see attached sheet. There are four siblings and all of them typed on extra sheet

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Are you pressing enter tab after typing the name? This makes additional space for native language entry. Use fine liner for native names. You can add extra sheet if there is short of space. For example I have printed section C completely on excel and on form noted please see attached sheet. There are four siblings and all of them typed on extra sheet
There is no harm to add an extra sheet for the names in native language.
Your form looks neat and clean.
Rather than pressing enter . Go for an extra sheet.

Reactions: caninfoseeker