+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

lucky rabbit

Dec 10, 2016
Hi Folks,
Could you pls help me with this:
If my parents are currently staying in USA ( planned vacation for one year, less than 6 months up to today), should I put the US address as the residential address in IMM0008?

shailkrish

Apr 26, 2019
Just a clarification: The form imm0008depenu is only to be filled when i run out of space to fill in dependents in the imm0008enu_2d? I just have my mom as primary applicant and father as dependent and i have already entered their information in imm0008enu_2d?

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hello guys, any help is appreciated, I received the invitation letter, I was just wondering as I am living in Canada and my mother is in my home country. For the signatures, am I supposed to send her the papers to sign or a digital signature is accepted if she does it online and I paste it on her forms without sending her the documents ?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, any help is appreciated, I received the invitation letter, I was just wondering as I am living in Canada and my mother is in my home country. For the signatures, am I supposed to send her the papers to sign or a digital signature is accepted if she does it online and I paste it on her forms without sending her the documents ?
You can fill the forms and send email to them and they can print the forms and sign the papers and Send you by courier. Usually it takes 5 business days with most of courier companies.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a clarification: The form imm0008depenu is only to be filled when i run out of space to fill in dependents in the imm0008enu_2d? I just have my mom as primary applicant and father as dependent and i have already entered their information in imm0008enu_2d?
Yes you are correct.

Complete the Additional Dependents/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) if more than five accompanying or non-accompanying family members exist.

Reactions: shailkrish

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
THE ORDER IS NOT THE DECIDING FACTOR.

Please do not worry, as long as you submitted all required forms, you should be good. Mixing up in order cannot and will never be a reason for yoru application to be returned.

When I applied for my PR, my application was not in order and I realized that about a week after submission by looking at photos that I took of the application. I was also scared but then everything was fine.
I did not see in the guide that all pages with bar code have to be at the front. Why are you confusing people?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Do we have to pay RPRF and biometrics when sending application ? does it delay the application a lot if we don't pay it right now ?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have to pay RPRF and biometrics when sending application ? does it delay the application a lot if we don't pay it right now ?
You do not have to pay RPRF at the upfront but if you want to process fast then pay upfront.

Biometrics fee
In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.

No one knows how much it can delay. But from my personal experience it was two months delay in 2014.

Reactions: danny_scars

margocan

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013 / 28-10-2014 PER
Doc's Request.
16-04-2014 (Personal history, NBI, RPRF)
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014 SLEC / 14-05-2015 Meds sent to CEM / 22-05-2013 ECAS to Med Received
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-05-2014 / 05-06-2014 PP received by CEM
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014 DM on ECAS / 03-07-14 PP w/ VISA Received
LANDED..........
Aug 2014
I am just sponsoring my Mom to be a PR in Canada. My mom is the principal applicant and but my dad is a dependent of my mom And is reflected on the forms. My dad is not going to accompany my mom at this time because he is still working full time. They are US citizens.

On IMM0008 Generic application form # 11 b) Reason why dependent is non-accompanying is it enough reason to state that my dad is still working full time?

If he will be interested to come in the future, say 5 years from now, will I have to do the same Parent sponsorship application for him? Or because he was declared a dependent of my mom, it is my mom who needs to sponsor him at that time?

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Hi, there, can anyone please clarify these questions:
Form:

imm5768e: FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP
1. a) Is your spouse or common-law partner co-signing the udnertaking?
Answer : NO
Question1?
1. Do I still need to enter Full name of your spouse or commom-law partner?
Question 2:
I sponsored my spuose in 2010 for PR and my spouse also a citizen now. "For Section 3. B) i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect. Provide details in question 9 on page 2." do I need to include 1?

Thank you

Reactions: panther360

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi, there, can anyone please clarify these questions:
Form:

imm5768e: FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP
1. a) Is your spouse or common-law partner co-signing the udnertaking?
Answer : NO
Question1?
1. Do I still need to enter Full name of your spouse or commom-law partner?
Question 2:
I sponsored my spuose in 2010 for PR and my spouse also a citizen now. For Section 3. B) i) do I need to include 1?

Thank you
Question 1: yes, if your spouse is not cosigner then there is only 1 question asking for her name (question 11) anywhere else should put N/A

Question 2: Yes she is still your financial resposibility for 10 years

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Fill your part, email to them, tell them to sign with BLACK pen then courier back to you together with the photos. Everybody here does the same. DIGITAL signatures means IMMEDIATE REJECTION AND RETURN THE WHOLE PACKAGE AFTER 2 MONTHS.

Do not ever FAKE parents signature, it is an offend under immigration act and is a ground of rejection and serious consequences. Please note that when parents arrive at the port of entry they will need to sign the CORP and any fake signature if detected will means REJECTION.