+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Yiming59

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
I have received a reminder email from IRCC about sending my application. I have sent my application on May 15 , it was received next day. ECAS is not updated as of today. Just wondering if anyone had received any email as a reminder. Thanks.
Everyone received this email, don't worry :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I thing that's not right , Base on IRCC Twitter t

Don't Worry , Mine was the same situation, some of the IRCC officer just search with UCi and some search by DOB and family name.
you will get ECASE Updated soon.
Don't worry as long as you have confirmation with CANADA post you will be fine.
I had same story.
Yes both parents need to pass the medical 100% sure.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have an important question guys, i got invitation for my parents. They were together when I submitted expression of interest but they were living separately and got divorced now. What will be the option for me, it will be two separate applications or just one , and if my father doesn’t pass medical then my mother gets PR visa approved or she will be denied because of my dads medical condition, please answer and don’t forget they are legally divorced now.
Anticipate that they will need to prove that they are in fact divorced and are living separately and not an attempt to avoid refusal due to one of their medical conditions due to the timing of the divorce. unfortunately some try to divorce to get sponsorship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,

I just realized that my mother didn't hand sign IMM5669 form. I have been searching on google and looks like the officer usually returns the application and that worries me.

I have following options:

1) Wait for them to request for a hand signed form or return the application.

2) Send a signed form.

3) Send a complete application.

How should I proceed?

at this point i am really pissed off at myself...
1 or else your form will likely get lost and not linked properly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The whole process seems very random, we have people from May 27th receiving ecas whereas some are waiting from end of April or 1st week of May. You can also see additional documents being requested when no ecas is available, which means a CO is reviewing the application. So far doesn't validate the FIFO
It's not FIFO from when you send in your application.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Thank you for your suggestions. I used PA's canadian visa # as UCI, PA's last name, passport info and tried all kinds of combination of # of ppl, never succeed.

Also tried PA's first and last names, DOB, birth place, no luck either.

I think the intern probably got a mediocre review why processing my files :D, just kidding... but I do hope my files were not stranded somewhere in of mailing room or copy room
Your application was sent May 22 right?

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
You should clarify because I know I'm right both need to pass medical.
I already Did as my cousin applied for her father and her mother can't pass medical for sure.
she called the IRCC agent and also I asked them in twitter. the response was as long as main applicant can satisfy all the requirement regardless of dependent can proceed with his/her application and finalize PR process.
But again this is base on IRCC response on phone call and Twitter that's why I can't 100% guaranty that.
I have to wait and see what will happen to her application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I already Did as my cousin applied for her father and her mother can't pass medical for sure.
she called the IRCC agent and also I asked them in twitter. the response was as long as main applicant can satisfy all the requirement regardless of dependent can proceed with his/her application and finalize PR process.
But again this is base on IRCC response on phone call and Twitter that's why I can't 100% guaranty that.
I have to wait and see what will happen to her application.
Because spouses aren't required to pass a medical the primary applicant could be sponsored using PGP and then the primary applicant could then sponsor their spouse. That is why they both must pass medical. Unless there has been a. huge policy change both parents must pass the medical. Canada doesn't usually encourage programs where one ill parent would be abandoned. Can you please post twitter Q&A.

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Because spouses aren't required to pass a medical the primary applicant could be sponsored using PGP and then the primary applicant could then sponsor their spouse. That is why they both must pass medical. Unless there has been a. huge policy change both parents must pass the medical. Canada doesn't usually encourage programs where one ill parent would be abandoned. Can you please post twitter Q&A.
Please find following Link
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1132030319446626305?s=20