+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Just ranting.
Based on how the updates have slowed down, it looks like we may have to wait till end of July for ecas to show up. My application was received May 10th.
For 2018, applications received in May had AOR coming in late July or even Aug.
In 2018, they had 10K applications and this time its 20K so double the volume.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Just ranting.
Based on how the updates have slowed down, it looks like we may have to wait till end of July for ecas to show up. My application was received May 10th.
26k+ application this year

Yiming59

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Just ranting.
Yes that is true but keep in mind last year they sent out invitations in the end of March whereas we got them this year end of April. Their deadline was May 25 whereas ours is June 28. So you need to account for the one month difference when looking at dates. :)

DesiPTY

Apr 9, 2014
Panama
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3
Doc's Request.
Birth Certificate - May 12
AOR Received.
May 12
File Transfer...
March 25
Med's Done....
January 23
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
June 2
@YULIA-2016 can you please add me too:

Sponsored People: Mother
Parents Country of Citizenship: Panama
Province: ON
Invitation Receive Date: April 28, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: June 13th, 2019

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
People please be patient...it's still way faster than 2014 FSW applications

Remember there were way more than 20,000 applications crowded into CIC's office (probably 50k or more, just guessing). Because it's not by invitation so most people tried their luck (especially for 217X software engineers) and see if they could get their asses into the gate. Even with that kind of overwhelming workload, my case still got DM in 9 months, and most of the applicants in my IM group were able to obtain their landing paper in 10~12 months.

CIC has sped up towards family sponsorship. Just be patient.

Reactions: Canada_Super

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
@riasat.abir .. above is completely wrong..

Married - Physically present :: Means spouse is still alive at time of application

Married - Physically not present :: Means spouse is passed away at time of application

If your both parent living, answer should be Married - Physically present in both form respectively.
You should read the definitions of it before advising. There were different types of marrieds previously. Physically not present means you got married but both was not at same places ( Canada and your spouse's home country, CIC used to accept this married type)
If your spouse passed away this means WIDOWED.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
No one on this forum will be able to reply:::

Married - Physically present
:: When the marriage ceremony was being held, they both were physically available on the occasion.

Married - Physically not present :: When the marriage ceremony was being held, both or either of them were not physically present on the occasion and it was over telephone or via Video or....

Now you can better decide or ask your parents.
If it does not matter where are your parent. Probably they both registered married certificate in your home-country ( i guess they are same nationalities) . The status will be married - physically present

Jun 20, 2019
hello all I am new here, so I applied sponsership for my mom this year (2019) and I sent my application with Canada post which they received end of May ( when I check with canada post) but when I check online through CIC website, it said no application received yet.
the people who sent this year and put the application received date, are they checking based on their tracking number with Post career or they can find their application inside the cic ( I am asking for this year not the previous years)
thanks

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
Hey guys,

Has anyone received application number and request for biometrics? If so, when and when did they submitted their application.

Thanks!!

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Hi I got the letter of Invitation to apply. I sponsoring my mom and dad. Honestly I wasn't expecting I just sent my intention to apply at midnight and I was beetween those 20000 who full capacity in a few minutes. I say this because my income of last 3 years is not high as the requirments. However I got the letter... That means that I had pass the requirments? Or they can still reject me? Every single applicant of the first to come first to serve 20 000 Will receive the application??? Thanks

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi I got the letter of Invitation to apply. I sponsoring my mom and dad. Honestly I wasn't expecting I just sent my intention to apply at midnight and I was beetween those 20000 who full capacity in a few minutes. I say this because my income of last 3 years is not high as the requirments. However I got the letter... That means that I had pass the requirments? Or they can still reject me? Every single applicant of the first to come first to serve 20 000 Will receive the application??? Thanks
You can apply then get rejection due to low income and lost $75+shipping fee

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
You can apply then get rejection due to low income and lost $75+shipping fee
The letter is weird . only give me one week to submit focuments and pay around 500 hundred dollar per each sponsored. I though was a joke or scam . But says CIC and has my name on it.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
If it does not matter where are your parent. Probably they both registered married certificate in your home-country ( i guess they are same nationalities) . The status will be married - physically present
I have submitted my PGP application.. while filling various forms, I study this terminology of Married - Physically present / Physically not present..