Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can someone advise the below please?
My dad is the principal applicant, and my mom will be his dependant
In this case, my mom will need to fill out Additional Depedants/declaration form, am I correct? Form IMM0008DEP

Last edited:

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Questions about co-sign with common-law partner

To give some context:

- I meet the income to sponsor my mother for the tax years 2018, 2017.(responsible for 2, my and my mom)
- Unfortunately in 2016 I was in school and I do not meet the income for that tax year
- My income in 2018, 2017 only make the same if you were to sum the minium required for 2018,2017,2016
- Given that I do not seem to meet the income requirement for 2016, my common-law partner will help me co-sign the application so we meet the income to sponsor my mother

Questions:
- If my common-law partner wants to sponsor her mother and father in the future, will this undertaking for my mother affect my common-law partner's application to sponsor his mom and father later in the future? How?
- Will my common-law partner be able to sponsor her mother and father in the future?
- If for the 2018, and 2017 my income (not my common-law's addition) sums more in total than what is required for the three years 2018,2017,2016, is it possible still to be eligible or not to apply without a co-signer? It seems unfair that not showing enough income for 1 specific year makes you not eligible to apply and then have to have someone to co-sign and make this person responsible for 20 years. Any thoughs on this? Anyone in similar situation?

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding Biometrics for my parents. After the biometrics is done at the visa centre, will the visa centre send the info to the processing site or will they give it go to my parents to send together with the documents as the sponsor? Also, if I am sponsoring my parents and brother, does it means that there is to principal applicant (mom and dad)? Thanks so much

sourav987

Star Member
Sep 28, 2010
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding Biometrics for my parents. After the biometrics is done at the visa centre, will the visa centre send the info to the processing site or will they give it go to my parents to send together with the documents as the sponsor? Also, if I am sponsoring my parents and brother, does it means that there is to principal applicant (mom and dad)? Thanks so much
They will send !!

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Thanks Sourav987.

What about the application as Principal Applicant form. Will both my mom and dad have to fill on each?

Thanks.

WaterFamily

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
My wife took a maternity leave last 2017, will it affect her total income (line 150) if she has employment insurance as part of her income?

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions.
1. "A complete application must include the forms completed by you, the sponsor, and the forms completed by the principle applicant and must be submitted together in one envelope for each set of parents and grandparents you are sponsoring". My question is do I have to send my father's and mother's application separately or in one envelop? My father is a applicant and mom is a dependent..
2. regarding fee payment; do I have to pay 2 x1040= 2080$ for both parents or have to pay Sponsorship fees (without the right of permanent residence fee) that mean 550 x2 =1100..
thanks

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Questions about co-sign with common-law partner

To give some context:

- I meet the income to sponsor my mother for the tax years 2018, 2017.(responsible for 2, my and my mom)
- Unfortunately in 2016 I was in school and I do not meet the income for that tax year
- My income in 2018, 2017 only make the same if you were to sum the minium required for 2018,2017,2016
- Given that I do not seem to meet the income requirement for 2016, my common-law partner will help me co-sign the application so we meet the income to sponsor my mother

Questions:
- If my common-law partner wants to sponsor her mother and father in the future, will this undertaking for my mother affect my common-law partner's application to sponsor his mom and father later in the future? How? She will need to provide additional incomes for your parents as well. For example, in order to sponsor her parents, she will to provide income for 4 people (2 of hers and 2 of yours)

- Will my common-law partner be able to sponsor her mother and father in the future? Depending on level of income

- If for the 2018, and 2017 my income (not my common-law's addition) sums more in total than what is required for the three years 2018,2017,2016, is it possible still to be eligible or not to apply without a co-signer? No you cannot, it must be year by year

It seems unfair that not showing enough income for 1 specific year makes you not eligible to apply and then have to have someone to co-sign and make this person responsible for 20 years. Any thoughs on this? Anyone in similar situation?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions.
1. "A complete application must include the forms completed by you, the sponsor, and the forms completed by the principle applicant and must be submitted together in one envelope for each set of parents and grandparents you are sponsoring". My question is do I have to send my father's and mother's application separately or in one envelop? My father is a applicant and mom is a dependent..
2. regarding fee payment; do I have to pay 2 x1040= 2080$ for both parents or have to pay Sponsorship fees (without the right of permanent residence fee) that mean 550 x2 =1100..
thanks
i will pay 2080
your father and mother will be in one set of application

Priyankkarkar

Apr 11, 2016
Hello guys,
I am from Alberta
My timeline is as follows:

Form Submitted: 12:05 MST
Confirmation Received: 12:58 MST
Invite received: Today at 4:05 pm MST

Please help me regarding following question,
In application package they have asked to submit My and my parents passport, My birth certificate and My parents birth certificate as supporting documents.
I have all documents ready but in all three documents there is slight difference in my father's name. All three documents have different suffix in father's name. What should I do, do they need exact same name with exact suffix in all three documents ?

I was reading application guide and they have mentioned that if applicant have different given name or an alias than mention those in given name/alias box.
Will declaration of different given names in application form be sufficient or I have to get all three documents changed from my home country?
If I have to get everything changed than It will be a vey huge process and It may need more than 60 months to fix that.
Can I submit a lawyer's affidavit stating that all three names are of same person?
Thank you in advance.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
I have a question...

When I am going to submit my application, my parents will most likely be here in Canada on a visitor visa. Do they still need to submit biometrics? If they do NOT need to, in which form I should mention that so IRCC will not ask for biometrics? In the instruction says:

"If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics."

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
You don't need to submit your parent's birth certificate if you are sponsoring your parents. but you need their marriage certificate..

Hello guys,
I am from Alberta
My timeline is as follows:

Form Submitted: 12:05 MST
Confirmation Received: 12:58 MST
Invite received: Today at 4:05 pm MST

Please help me regarding following question,
In application package they have asked to submit My and my parents passport, My birth certificate and My parents birth certificate as supporting documents.
I have all documents ready but in all three documents there is slight difference in my father's name. All three documents have different suffix in father's name. What should I do, do they need exact same name with exact suffix in all three documents ?

I was reading application guide and they have mentioned that if applicant have different given name or an alias than mention those in given name/alias box.
Will declaration of different given names in application form be sufficient or I have to get all three documents changed from my home country?
If I have to get everything changed than It will be a vey huge process and It may need more than 60 months to fix that.
Can I submit a lawyer's affidavit stating that all three names are of same person?
Thank you in advance.