+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
I thought all cases were assigned temp file numbers initially. No?
all cases initially will have a temp file, but if it is straight forward and the receipient agent can scan all docs and can see them completed they can assign a file number and you can see in ecas immediately. That why some people applied in late May already see ecas. For non trivial cases it will go to a queue for a more senior agent and that take some time

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Form IMM5768 ..what is the family size I should use for each year while specifying gross income .
My family count including myself ,my wife and kid is 3 And i am sponsoring my father and mother .

Should i mention 3 for years 2016,2017 and 2018 or should I mention 5 for these years including my parents who I’m sponsoring.

Thanks ,
5 for all the 3 years...

account9523

May 28, 2019
tweet says:Please note you must provide a hand-written signature next to the printed name in the signature section of the document. The form is considered incomplete if the hand-written signature is missing. Thanks.
So next to the printed name, should I put printed name every form with signature?
The guide says nothing like this.
Here's what I see on the guide:
Sign, with a hand written signature, and date in the spaces provided.
If you are filling it out on the computer: print out the form and sign it with a handwritten signature, in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
Complete and sign the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) with a handwritten signature

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Actually I wasn't sure about mistake, I think i checked those boxes in EOI form but I am not sure... si I didnt mentioned them... also they created temp file but said it's not reviewed ... I am not sure how much info the call centre have about accessing file...
Have you used steplor (steeple) or put all the documents in one envelope..
If steplor is used, then there is problem, i.e. it is time consuming job for them.. so temp number for the time being...

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
where did the guide metion?
CIC is counting on people being able to problem solve. In order to validade the form u must type the name but they also want you to hand sign it.
The box is big enough for you to do both (type and print with a pen) - and even if it wasn't, it shouldn't be hard enough to just sign next/below/above the typed name. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why people are having such a hard time with this, seriously.. [/rantend]

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Have you used steplor (steeple) or put all the documents in one envelope..
If steplor is used, then there is problem, i.e. it is time consuming job for them.. so temp number for the time being...
i don’t buy this theory. I didn’t use staples or anything. So far I know of at least 4 people who had their applications delivered on April 30 but have yet to see anything on ECAS.

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
CIC is counting on people being able to problem solve. In order to validade the form u must type the name but they also want you to hand sign it.
The box is big enough for you to do both (type and print with a pen) - and even if it wasn't, it shouldn't be hard enough to just sign next/below/above the typed name. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why people are having such a hard time with this, seriously.. [/rantend]
i think only for schedule A