+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

yycpam

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016, can you please update the tracking spreadsheet to include my info :)

username: yycpam
Sponsored people: mom
parents country of citizenship: Philippines
Province: AB
Invitation Received Date: April 24
Application Received in Ottawa data: May 14

Thank you!

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I called CIC and spoke to an Agent. She was able to confirm (based on my parents information) that my file has been received, and data was filed in the system on May 06th itself - the same date that it was received.

At this point, the file is called a "Prospect File" and has a temporary Application ID/ UCI number. She was not willing to share this with me. I could not figure this out, but she hinted that at this stage only the documents with BarCodes are scanned for data input. Rest are scanned / filed.

Interestingly, she was also unable locate me based on my UCI. She said that over 7 years have passed since I used the old UCI (2004 Study Permit, 2006 Work Permit, 2007 PR, 2007 Spousal PR Sponsorship & 2011 Citizenship), I will be assigned a new UCI, at the time the Prospect file coverts to "In Process".

All good!

P.S. This is in line with @vivek_vig's discussion with a CIC Agent as well. Refer Post #6777

Last edited:

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016, can you please update the tracking spreadsheet to include my info :)

username: yycpam
Sponsored people: mom
parents country of citizenship: Philippines
Province: AB
Invitation Received Date: April 24
Application Received in Ottawa data: May 14

Thank you!
Can you check you application status in ECAS?

srmumtaz

Sep 3, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2016
Doc's Request.
Pictures, 10 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
31 Dec 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
24 July 2015
Med's Done....
1 AUG 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 AUG 2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
8 OCT 2015
Yes Whole passport of both
Not the whole passport; just the the page which contains all the information. CIC will at a later stage may ask for copy of every page of the passport explicitly.

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
I called CIC and spoke to an Agent. She was able to confirm (based on my parents information) that my file has been received, and data was filed in the system on May 06th itself - the same date that it was received.

At this point, the file is called a "Prospect File" and has a temporary Application ID/ UCI number. She was not willing to share this with me. I could not figure this out, but she hinted that at this stage only the documents with BarCodes are scanned for data input. Rest are scanned / filed.

Interestingly, she was also unable locate me based on my UCI. She said that over 7 years have passed since I used the old UCI (2003 Study Permit, 2006 Work Permit, 2007 PR, 2007 Spousal PR Sponsorship & 2011 Citizenship), I will be assigned a new UCI, at the time the Prospect file coverts to "In Process".

All good!
good to know..thanks

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
My parents went to another country (apart from home country and Canada) for 8 days to visit and stayed in hotel. Does that need to be added as well in the list of addresses in Background Declaration Question 10?

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Hello .
Please advise:
We are sponsoring my father-in-law. He is married but going to divorce. He does not want bring his wife to Canada and even doesn’t want she knows about this.
We must include her as spouse, but will say she is not accompanied.
Can my father-in-law write a notary document that he understand he will not be able to sponsor her in future? Can we not ask her to pass medicine?
We worry she will ask for money if knows he is going to be sponsored.

Does anyone has such experience recently?

I’m keeping trying to call cic...

Thank you.

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
According to this link, the Document Checklist needs to be signed. Did anyone else sign this? I'm getting conflicting information on this, or maybe I'm just reading the guide incorrectly.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#completeApplication
I've done applications before with cic and I'm pretty sure I never signed in all the document checklist and i didn't have any problems with it.

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
I can link my application now, hoooooooray!!!! It seems once status changed to In Process then you can start to link your application on myCIC
If you could please let us know- Did you share the NOA or the SIN No with IRCC. Could that be the reason for the ecas not getting updated as per application received dates.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario

Interestingly, she was also unable locate me based on my UCI. She said that over 7 years have passed since I used the old UCI (2004 Study Permit, 2006 Work Permit, 2007 PR, 2007 Spousal PR Sponsorship & 2011 Citizenship), I will be assigned a new UCI, at the time the Prospect file coverts to "In Process".

All good!

P.S. This is in line with @vivek_vig's discussion with a CIC Agent as well. Refer Post #6777
Thanks for sharing this information. Probably that’s the reason too I wasn’t able to see any ECAS update because of the old UCI mine is more than 10 yrs old. Anyway this is great. Thanks. Good luck!

sarwar_zahan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-09-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
02-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
Hello .
Please advise:
We are sponsoring my father-in-law. He is married but going to divorce. He does not want bring his wife to Canada and even doesn’t want she knows about this.
We must include her as spouse, but will say she is not accompanied.
Can my father-in-law write a notary document that he understand he will not be able to sponsor her in future? Can we not ask her to pass medicine?
We worry she will ask for money if knows he is going to be sponsored.

Does anyone has such experience recently?

I’m keeping trying to call cic...

Thank you.
Your father-in-law needs to write an explanation letter explaining his current marital status. In that letter, he needs to mention that he is currently separated and going to divorce her spouse soon (or whatever the situation is) and he has no intention to sponsor his current spouse in the future. Also, provide a notarized statement (self affidavit). But when your father-in-law fills up the application form, he needs to provide all the information regarding his spouse and documents (to be safe, not to be asked by the case officer later as sometime couples reconcile). Later, when the divorce is finalized and your father-in-law still not landed in Canada, he needs to inform IRCC with an explanation letter (There's online form for that) about the changes on marital status attaching divorce certificate.

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
could someone please share the link to the tracking spreadsheet again, it is hard to go through the 460 pages to locate it. many thanks.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017

All good!

Your post gave me a hope. Purolator had messed mine up- first delivered to public safety office and then back to sci stevenage drive on May 6th.
Just gave a call to CIC, and they said they have received it on may 6th, all good (Thank God), just need to wait few weeks till they send out AORs to everyone. Have not been this much worried about my own application, as I am concerned about my mum's :)