+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please, if anyone can give me an opinion. My parents initially sent me their photos through courier with the documents but turns out the photos are the wrong size and format, also the clothing was altered. So i didn't want them to spend money again for the courier (so expensive!) to send just the photos, so they emailed me the file from the studio (the correct format this time) had them printed here at london drugs and then i just wrote down the info of the studio where the photo was originally taken. But, there's a logo of london drugs in the back, light gray colored like a watermark. I'm worried it will be an issue. Should i give it a go??
if there is a logo of London drugs then it can be an issue. Go to Walmart and print it from there.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The guide says that each document that's not in English/French must be accompanied by translation, affidavit and certified copy.
Does it mean that we should submit both a photocopy (a.k.a the document) and a certified copy of the original (i.e. a 2nd photocopy that is certified)? I think a certified copy substitutes rather than accompanies the required document. Thoughts?
if not in English or French, yes you must include origional form in your own language and a certified translated copy in either English or France.

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Hi - may I have your help re Generic Application Form imm0008. thanks in advance.

1) sponsor father and mother only need one form, e.g., father as principal applicant and mother as dependent, correct?
2) only the principal applicant need to sign and date the form? does mother need to also sign?

many thanks.
1. Yes that's correct
2. Again yes only principal applicant needs to sign

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband is planning to apply for parents sponsorship in 2020 and I will be his co-signer. I will be on Maternity leave from September 2019. That means we might not meet income eligibility for year 2019. And if we get selected can we write a letter to immigration Canada that I am on maternity leave? Would that be acceptable? Do you think we will be eligible for parents sponsorship? Please someone respond thank you!
your Mat leave is counted as income so as long as your mat leave + husband's income >= minimum income requirement then you are good to go.
Remember, MAT leave is eligible income.

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
You sent a link of sponsor your spouse or other people..

on parents guide, its different

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

5. Place the barcode page on top of your application (forms and supporting documents) when you submit it.
This is only for form 1344. - application to sponsor. This is the first form in the chk list.
So after the chk list. Bar code and form 1344.

Does not say put all bar code pages after chk list!

Reactions: nguyentu2001

schweizer

May 14, 2019
Hi,
I am struggling filling out 2 forms and appreciate your input/advice. One is form Background Check (5669) Box 6 b) and j) questions about beeing convicted of a offence and then the other being detained or put in jail. The offence of the sponsered person was 40 years ago, no further issues and even then it was possession (user) of narcotics. There is nothing for decades on the criminal record anymore as it is expunged 15 years after the trial according to local laws. Question now, is it legal to say no to the questions, it would be after local laws in that country.
The other questions is re Financial evaluation for parents and grandparents, Form 5768. Both me and wife are signing/co-signing. Box 14 and 17 ask for Employement history. We are 2 adults and 2 kids at the time without the parent(grandparent) included. There is a column called Family Size. What do I write in there for the Sponsor and what for the co-signer. I was thinking putting all 4 under Box 14 and saying 0 within Box 17. Does that seem correct?
Thanks a lot everyone!

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
I think you are right. If you type the date the form IMM5669 will be validated. you don't need to type the name electronically. other option is electronically type your name and validate the form. once you validated you can delete the name and print it off and hand signature there.it really works...only hand written signature is required..any suggestions?
IS IT REALLY REQUIRED TO TYPE THE NAME ON THE SIGNATURE BOX TO SIGN ELECTRONICALLY ON IMM5669? HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE IS THE ONE REQUIRED AND I DONT KNOW WHY SOME OF THEM CAN'T VALIDATE THE FORM WHEN YOU JUST HAVE TO SIMPLY TYPE THE DATE TO SUCCESFULLY VALIDATE.

Last edited:

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I clearly stated at the bottom that the link taken from spousal sponsorship but would it not be applicable for all other applications as well under cic. Trying to apply some common sense and find answers..
The barcode should only be put on top of formIMM1344, the instruction is for that particular form only.
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)

alpachinko

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
If I am only sponsoring my mom and not my dad, I will only need 2 photos of my mom only?
And if the marriage certificate , my birth certificate and mom's passport has english content and some urdu content that should suffice wouldn't the need of getting it notarized ?

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I agree with the way you think... However, the problem is inconsistency and not impatience. The fact that some people are able to check the status and some not makes people anxious and curious as to what's really going on. Some people even go to the extent of overthinking and assuming that their ECAS status isn't showing up because they did a mistake in filling the form or maybe it wasn't accepted by CIC due to some human error they may have
Hi - may I have your help re Generic Application Form imm0008. thanks in advance.

1) sponsor father and mother only need one form, e.g., father as principal applicant and mother as dependent, correct?
2) only the principal applicant need to sign and date the form? does mother need to also sign?

many thanks.
No

raisedonthestreets

Apr 26, 2019
Hello All,

Can somebody reply or have any suggestions :-

My mother's passport got no last name. How do i proceed with that? Its common Indian/Punjabi problem . Any body who is /was venturing in the same problem, Please reply. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

skyman

Apr 27, 2019
if not in English or French, yes you must include origional form in your own language and a certified translated copy in either English or France.
They ask for a photocopy of the marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc. but the certified translated copy already includes a photocopy of the original, so according to what you are saying they will get 2 photocopies of the original - one is stamped by a notary as certified, the other is just a homemade photocopy. Ok, I guess another doesn't hurt...

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hello All,

Can somebody reply or have any suggestions :-

My mother's passport got no last name. How do i proceed with that? Its common Indian/Punjabi problem . Any body who is /was venturing in the same problem, Please reply. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
dealing with the same situation here:

1. need to fill entire name under family name ( generic , application to sponsor )
2. click yes where it says have you had any other name - and write the original name ( if applicable )
3. schedule A background check form - enter the name in the family name section and dont validate it ( explain the same in the letter ) and add proofs for that - had asked the CIC guy and he told me this.
4. attach a copy of affidavit of name change ( if applicable ) and passport