+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Very tough to know when your father may test negative. It can be quite a while. Unfortunately there is no other option but to delay travel. You can attempt to book a new flight but make sure you can still change the flight if he is still testing negative. If the COPR is expiring soon he should be able to get an extension. Unfortunately there is a chance he could have to do another medical because if COPR is expiring because some have severe longterm side effects from Covid. Unfortunate timing. I hope your mother is trying to remain isolated from him and wearing a mask in the house although she has likely already been infected.

Thanks for your concern @canuck78
COPR is expiring in another 24 days. Both are taking precautions.

As per the information available on GoC portal, it is not mandatory to have a negative result as long as samples of +ve test were taken more than 10 days ago. Same information has been published in ArriveCAN app as well.

Below text is as is from ArriveCAN app.

• Individuals 5 years of age or older are required to provide proof of one of the following, even if they are fully vaccinated, prior to boarding a flight to Canada (with limited exceptions):
• Negative molecular (e.g. PC, NAATs, RT-LAMP) COVID-19 test result on a sample taken no more than 72 hours prior to departure, or
• Positive molecular (e.g. PC, NAATs, RT-LAMP) COVID-19 test result on a sample taken between 10 and 180 days prior to departure.
• All test results must be molecular (e.g. PC, NAATs, RT -LAMP) tests. Antigen tests are not accepted.
• If you do not have proof, you may be subject to a fine or denied boarding/entry to Canada. Certain exceptions apply.
• All travellers must have a suitable quarantine plan for 14 days starting on the day they enter Canada.

You must keep the proof of your COVID-19 test result for 14 days after entering Canada.
I acknowledge that I, or the travellers listed in this submission, will not be allowed to board the flight to Canada if I/we cannot
show proof of a valid COVID-19 test.

And this is the latest News Release from Government of Canada (on Jan 28). This also says tested +ve more than 10 days ago is eligible to travel.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/01/government-of-canada-provides-update-about-canadas-border-measures.html

Last edited:

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese

Hi: please update my tracker:

October 22, 2020: marriage certificate is requested (puzzled why they didn't request it with the application!)
November 2nd, 2020: marriage certificate sent
August 18, 2021: file is transferred from Mississauga to London office (I guess this means additional delays )
August 27, 2021: ecas updated with a message that they started processing my application (what??)

No further information is received since then. Contacted my MP and requested ATIP last week. I hope things will move forward. At least, i am waiting for them to ask for the 2nd medical because the first one expired Dec. 2020!.

Reactions: laxsun

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your concern @canuck78
COPR is expiring in another 24 days. Both are taking precautions.

As per the information available on GoC portal, it is not mandatory to have a negative result as long as samples of +ve test were taken more than 10 days ago. Same information has been published in ArriveCAN app as well.

Below text is as is from ArriveCAN app.

• Individuals 5 years of age or older are required to provide proof of one of the following, even if they are fully vaccinated, prior to boarding a flight to Canada (with limited exceptions):
• Negative molecular (e.g. PC, NAATs, RT-LAMP) COVID-19 test result on a sample taken no more than 72 hours prior to departure, or
• Positive molecular (e.g. PC, NAATs, RT-LAMP) COVID-19 test result on a sample taken between 10 and 180 days prior to departure.
• All test results must be molecular (e.g. PC, NAATs, RT -LAMP) tests. Antigen tests are not accepted.
• If you do not have proof, you may be subject to a fine or denied boarding/entry to Canada. Certain exceptions apply.
• All travellers must have a suitable quarantine plan for 14 days starting on the day they enter Canada.

You must keep the proof of your COVID-19 test result for 14 days after entering Canada.
I acknowledge that I, or the travellers listed in this submission, will not be allowed to board the flight to Canada if I/we cannot
show proof of a valid COVID-19 test.

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
Looking for an advice:
My parents are in the middle east now and my case was transferred to London visa office.

- Does getting my parents to Canada on visitor visa speed up the process? Or conplicate it? Or it has just a minor or no impact?
- Do you recommend normal visitor visa or super visa? (If it is the wrong thread, please point me to the right one)

Thanks!!

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Would also look up airline requirement when it comes to covid tests. Hopefully he is vaccinated and boosted. He could be symptomatic which would still lead to denial even if it has been 10 days.
Makes sense! He is fully vaccinated but not boosted yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looking for an advice:
My parents are in the middle east now and my case was transferred to London visa office.

- Does getting my parents to Canada on visitor visa speed up the process? Or conplicate it? Or it has just a minor or no impact?
- Do you recommend normal visitor visa or super visa? (If it is the wrong thread, please point me to the right one)

Thanks!!
Likely won’t have much of an impact. They can still come to Canada if they want to visit.

Reactions: Ottawan83

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Makes sense! He is fully vaccinated but not boosted yet.
Hopefully his case is mild. Would assume your mother will also get Covid so you’ll need to take into account that in the next few days she will likely test positive and will need to add 10 days onto her time after positive Covid diagnosis. Even if things go perfectly that is a tight timeframe.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hopefully his case is mild. Would assume your mother will also get Covid so you’ll need to take into account that in the next few days she will likely test positive and will need to add 10 days onto her time after positive Covid diagnosis. Even if things go perfectly that is a tight timeframe.
Yes, I understand. Can I submit request to IRCC with all the details to extend the date on COPR?
Should it be before expiry of COPR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I understand. Can I submit request to IRCC with all the details to extend the date on COPR?
Should it be before expiry of COPR?
Would probably wait until your mother tests positive and then submit the request and include proof of the positive test with the date of the positive test visible.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Would probably wait until your mother tests positive and then submit the request and include proof of the positive test with the date of the positive test visible.
Got it! Thanks!
Hypothetically if COPR expires on 3rd can I submit this request on 2nd? a day before, I believe should not be an issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Got it! Thanks!
Hypothetically if COPR expires on 3rd can I submit this request on 2nd? a day before, I believe should not be an issue.
Agree that I would contact IRCC before the COPR expires but since it is such a fluid situation contacting IRCC right before expiry date is very reasonable.

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Same
Hi , my parents in Germany, Please see info below sent by my MP:
PGP sponsorship
Received May 29 2019
Processing in Mississauga office
- Eligibility of sponsor is passed
- Principal Applicant – Eligibility and medicals passed
- Security and criminality are in progress

Requests sent on Nov 9th 2021- RCMP criminal record check, CV, Schedule A, RPRF payment, police certificates. Must be received by Dec 9th 2021.
We sent all requested info back December 2nd *** --16!!!!!PAGES OF DETAIL RESUME WORK AND SCHOOL INFO FROM AGE 181!!! I can not believe that they asked for that. My Parents 80+!!!! Can you imagine my frustration !?
And once again there is no movement almost 2 month!. Today I send another letter to my MP. Ask him following up again. Hopefully it's will help and move the stone!
Same case here. We received june 2019.. Did you receive pre arrival letter or not