kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I received Biometrics Collection Letter and have appointment at Service Canada passport office tomorrow.
has anyone done this before? what do we receive after we take the finger print? image of finger prints?
I need upload finger prints to mycic so I assume we are getting the images?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Hi
I received Biometrics Collection Letter and have appointment at Service Canada passport office tomorrow.
has anyone done this before? what do we receive after we take the finger print? image of finger prints?
you don't need to upload anything on mycic. Once biometrics are done, they will appear on mycic on same day under Biometric section of top right corner.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
I will share my experience as soon as I hear something from IRCC. We've got passport request on September 29, submitted web-form with current address the day after, since then - nothing... Please share your experience if you get some info sooner than me! Thanks in advance!!!
Hi, sure. I am in the same boat. I submitted my webform 1 day after the passport request and nothing so far - been waiting for 5 days now.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi All

Finally some good news. Decision made on the application and my parents received passport request :):)

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese Please update the tracker
  • Application received at Ottawa : 21 June 2019 (not June 19 as mentioned in excel)
  • AOR: 3 December 2019
  • Biometric Request:12 Nov 2020 (for father only)
  • Sponsorship Approval: 19 Nov 2020
  • Biometric Enrolment: January 13, 2021
  • Medical request: May 31, 2021 (both parents)
  • Medical Passed: July 7, 2021
  • Decision made and Pre arrival letter: Oct 25, 2021
  • Passport Request: Oct 28, 2021

Currently, my parents are in India (Punjab). They went to submit passport in Jalandhar office but were told by agents (outside. place was like crowded like concert :p) that they don't accept passports straightway like before
    but they would have to register on some online portal and pay DHL courier fees ( ~4500 inr/applicant, for when passport will be sent back after getting stamped). Only then will they get call from office with appointment date/time to go and submit passport.
    Does anyone has recent experience on how to submit passport at JALANDER PASSPORT OFFICE (or Chandigarh) . or such similar process of passport submission india?
Hi, my parents just sent their passports to VAC chandigarh a day ago. Like you mentioned - you have to register (fill a form - 1 per applicant) to Bluedart or another postal service and you will soon receive an email for payment. Once payment done - you will be sent another email about all the documents to be added in the envelope and tentative time for passport pick up.

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
Reactions: serious_cheese

NV1986

Nov 13, 2017
Hello,

I received invitation for Parents Sponsorship last year Oct 2020 and sent all documents on March 2021.
Now CIC asked for Biometrics for my parents and I can see online status is "Decision Made".

Can someone please help me to understand what is the meaning of this?

Thanks

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello,

I received invitation for Parents Sponsorship last year Oct 2020 and sent all documents on March 2021.
Now CIC asked for Biometrics for my parents and I can see online status is "Decision Made".

Can someone please help me to understand what is the meaning of this?

Thanks
it means your sponsorship application is approved and they will begin working on the PR application

NV1986

Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
Do you know how long it will take to complete process from this stage and what will be the next request?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply.
Do you know how long it will take to complete process from this stage and what will be the next request?
process times vary. You should receive an email within the next few days/weeks confirming your sponsorship approval and at the time they will ask you to submit a list of documents. After that will come medical request

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you don't need to upload anything on mycic. Once biometrics are done, they will appear on mycic on same day under Biometric section of top right corner.
really? weird... because I see it's asking for fingerprints upload , under upload documents secretion....

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hi
We got biometrics done at Service Canada office on Nov 1. They put a sticker on your biometrics letter which gives Biometrics ID and it automatically updates on IRCC website the same day. You don't need to do anything. Unfortunately, for us the fingerprint reader couldn't clearly read the prints and the quality of prints was deemed poor. The agent sent them anyway but told us IRCC might request to do them again.