+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
So, it this procedure can take long, why do we get only a month for it? Does CIC officials expect we have this document beforehand?
Through passport Seva you can get it within 7 working days. In fact, there was a case (a few hundred pages back) where PCC was available for pickup the very next day (in person verification was also not done). PCC from India is very straightforward now. Passport Seva is best as you get one India-wide. However, if you go to your local police station you will obtain PCC for that area only (which may not be accepted by IRCC).

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks a lot. So, I ll book the appointment. It is weird that this process can take more than a month in some countries and we only get 1 month to submit documents.
See my post above, you will get within a week if you apply from Passport Seva. See PCC example in tracker / my signature obtained through Passport Seva.

guyfromtoronto

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks a lot. So, I ll book the appointment. It is weird that this process can take more than a month in some countries and we only get 1 month to submit documents.
One thing to keep in mind is that a PCC is valid for 6 months, so if you are expecting the request to come in few days from CIC, its better to keep it ready before hand then to have the last minute rush.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
You just need your original passport for PCC request. The process is fairly simple but quite long.

1. Need to book appointment first at Passport Seva Kendra for PCC
2. Go there with Passport and fulfill their procedure.
3. Local police officer will call you for inquiry
4. Go back again to Passport seva kendra to collect the certificate document.
How much time it took you for PCC ? Also is it necessary that the applicant had to go and collect the certificate document. My parent are out of town and will have to travel to go to the Passport office so wondering if they need to visit twice or anyone authorized can collect the PCC once available.

guyfromtoronto

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
How much time it took you for PCC ? Also is it necessary that the applicant had to go and collect the certificate document. My parent are out of town and will have to travel to go to the Passport office so wondering if they need to visit twice or anyone authorized can collect the PCC once available.
Overall it took 15 days for the complete procedure. Yes, everywhere it has to be in person. Even spouse is not allowed to collect the letter. Both parents had to go for each process back and forth.

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
One thing to keep in mind is that a PCC is valid for 6 months, so if you are expecting the request to come in few days from CIC, its better to keep it ready before hand then to have the last minute rush.

BLS won't process the request unless you have the letter from cic. Also person who is sponsoring should bring in their passport, landing documents etc they will ask for it. Sigh we went there 3 times already back again tommow

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Agreed,

It costs less than 10 bucks (in Passport Seva); even if it expires, get another one made. Better to have one in hand ready, than to scramble at the last minute. Especially if one needs PCC from other countries where parents were former residents. Same logic for Birth Certificates. Many parents don't have Birth Certificates. Now they are required.