+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Home country address. Unfortunately, it is necessary for them to come here in 2 months, so have to manage with them here.

Another poster said that I should get all the requests for PCC, Biometrics and medical soon, so I am now hoping that happens before they leave home country in 2 months. Thanks
It depends on when Ottawa received your application.
Home country address. Unfortunately, it is necessary for them to come here in 2 months, so have to manage with them here.

Another poster said that I should get all the requests for PCC, Biometrics and medical soon, so I am now hoping that happens before they leave home country in 2 months. Thanks
Hopefully the PCC, biometrics and medical request will come soon for your parents. Unfortunately can’t expedite the requests.

R

Ron_13

Thanks. I didn't know this was possible. They have US Visa, so biometric should be fine.

Quick follow up question: Can I get the PCC now rather than waiting? Arn't PCCs valid for 6 months? Thanks again
Suggest not to do PCC in advance.
Guide clearly says don't do biometrics or PCC in advance so better don't complicate your case by being proactive. There is always another way. The whole reason for this PGP visa is we reunite with our parents. I don't think CIC could blame you by telling why you bring your parents to Canada while your file was in process?

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
guys I am so worry, I did re-submit my missing signature document on June 28 by email. And until now, July 20, I still not hear anything from CIC, not any ECAS update also. I don't know if they received or okay with my new updated document or not. When should I able to check my ECAS? what should I do now? is my case normal?
In the sheet, I saw some people who have application received on May 14, they already have AoR (even the one who has been asked for additional document request)
Thank you

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Is it possible to expedite biometrics, medical and Police certificate, so my parents can do it in their home country before they travel to Canada in 2 months from now?

Got AOR last night and my parents are currently in home country. They will be coming to Canada in two months and will stay here for 5 months.

I am worried abiut how to respond to biometrics, PCC and medical request once my parents are here in Canada. Thank you
I am in the similar situation. My Ottawa documents receiving date is 10 May. My parents booked their flights in March 2019 and are arriving here from India on 8 Aug. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that they get bio and medical requests before their departure from India. In India waiting time for bio is 1-2 days and medical costs approx $100 versus $230-300 here. PCC takes about a week.
I know all these things can be done here but will be little more expensive and time consuming besides travelling to US or Mexico for biometrics.

Last edited:
Reactions: forsaken11

Issamedin

Jul 21, 2019
Hello guys,
I sent the application to sponsor my mother in May 25th and so far I haven't received any notification or e-mail from IRCC whatsoever (except the e-mail that they sent to everybody to ask them to send in their applications if they already haven't.) I don't know the status of the application at all. Is this normal? Should I still wait or call them? What phone number do you guys use? Thanks

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Hello guys,
I sent the application to sponsor my mother in May 25th and so far I haven't received any notification or e-mail from IRCC whatsoever (except the e-mail that they sent to everybody to ask them to send in their applications if they already haven't.) I don't know the status of the application at all. Is this normal? Should I still wait or call them? What phone number do you guys use? Thanks
Right now IRCC is processing applications received until May 18. Expect an AOR within 2 weeks. And in the meantime you can try checking on ECAS on IRCC website about the status of ur application. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Here is the tracker to give you the idea of applications processing dates and steps involved;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/htmlview#

Last edited:

Issamedin

Jul 21, 2019
Right now IRCC is processing applications received until May 18. Expect an AOR within 2 weeks. And in the meantime you can try checking on ECAS on IRCC website about the status of ur application.
Here is the tracker to give you the idea of applications processing dates and steps involved;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/htmlview#
Thank you so much for the information. ECAS is asking for information that I don't have such as UCI or application number. Also when I check the status online should I input my information or my mother's?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the information. ECAS is asking for information that I don't have such as UCI or application number. Also when I check the status online should I input my information or my mother's?
You can try your UCI number and your birth information. You can find your UCI on your COPR or PR card or citizenship certificate.

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Friends,
I received the file#on Friday but still not able to link my cic application.
I use my father (main applicant) UCI and file#, his passport, and the location that they wanna live in Canada I select ON, Toronto, the #of people(myself+my husband as cosigner+my dad+my mom) I don’t count my sister as dependant.
Anybody has the same issue?

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp Could you please add my information to the spreadsheet?
  • Line # in tracker: 313
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Colombia
  • Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 24, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 4, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): Not available
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Not available
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Not available
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date: Not available
  • Biometric request date: Not available
  • MyCIC update: Not available

Reactions: robertp

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
As mentioned by vivek_vig, use your information to check ECAS status and after entering the info if ECAS shows try again that means your file is not entered in ECAS system by IRCC VO yet. And you can find Application no. On payment receipt when you paid your mom's application fees online.