+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

pkhichi007

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi Yulia,

I called CIC, The Agent told me that My sponsorship was approved on Feb 8 and My LVO is in Ottawa.
Just want to inform you that My parents medical is already submitted (confirmed from Doctor Office). I submitted the upfront PCC of my parents via the Web form. Because the agent told me that if I have PCC ready I can upload that upfront. She confirmed that in most cases they don't ask for Canadian PCC.

Thanks
Pawan Khichi

Reactions: YULIA-2016

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi, I received medical exam form yesterday on my CIC account, and my Mom does the exam today. Where can I upload the eMedcial receipt? I clicked the link "view submitted application or upload documents" on my account, but they didn't open a link to upload files.

Also HKVO asked to submit the original PCC, I want to mail them the original copy and send them a PDF copy, any idea where can I upload the PDF?
You won’t see a place to upload via GCKey unless CIC asked for the IME receipt. Your doctor will send it to CIC. If you are keen on uploading eMedical receipt, you can do so via IRCC webform and email. Google Canadian High Commission HK and you will find email address for Immigration matters. You can email them a PDF there as well as IRCC webform. However, IRCC webform is the official way to submit documents. But, that’s only if you’re keen on uploading eMedical receipt, as you DO NOT need to do so.

Reactions: tifmoon

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
I am looking for advise. My mother passed medicals and pcc last year in november. On Feb 8th she received pre-arrival letter, and nothing since. She was planning to come over to Canada for 3 weeks in April to visit us here as my eldest son will be on school break and we had brand new baby. She got vacation approved from work ,for that month which she does not want to waste, and we were hoping she will be a PR by then.
However it's 15th of March now. 2 months since police clearance has been submitted, and she is still undergoing background check. I can bring her in as tourist for couple of weeks in April, and she can lend later in October/November (when she will come to live more or less permanently with us).
The only thing bothers us if the decision will be made and passport be requested by immigration whilst or shortly before she travels here in april? Any advise on how to proceed?

Zack2019

Mar 15, 2019
Could you share your timeline??
Sep 30, 2018: mailed doc to Ottawa
Oct 3, 2018: Ottawa received doc (based on online service tool).
Feb 12, 2019: emailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa.
Feb 14, 2019: CPC-CTD-Ottawa replied "your case is in Mississauga office, please submit E-form for inquiry." E-form submitted same day.
Feb 19: replied from e-form "We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received."

No AOR or anything else

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Feb 14, 2019: CPC-CTD-Ottawa replied "your case is in Mississauga office, please submit E-form for inquiry." E-form submitted same day.
Feb 19: replied from e-form "We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received."

No AOR or anything else
as per the s/s, they haven't moved to oct 3rd yet...

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hi fellow,
1. My application was probably the last of the 2nd round invitations for 2018 - Got to Ottawa on October 5th. Has anybody from Sept/Oct time frame seen any movement? Any SA's?
2. I have tried connecting the application to my GCKey multiple times but no luck. Also tried my father's GCKey to link but still no luck. Not sure what I am missing. Any help is much appreciated.
Friend,
could you please guide me a bit here

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Friend,
could you please guide me a bit here
If you are applying and have a co-soponsor then 2+ Your dad+your mom=4 is the correct answer
if you are alone, no cosponsor and two parents =3
if you+cosponsor+mom or dad one person only=3

it will be connected. its easy but you need to answer questions as it is on your application.
for example

applicant place of birth if you entered - town/state
then you need to enter same xxxtown/xxxstate with slash to connect your appliation plus total members on application correct no.

This may helps!

Shajnemb

Nov 10, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11 Jan 2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
no AORS
File Transfer...
01-FEB-2017
Med's Request
23-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017 PASSED
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
nov 15 2017
VISA ISSUED...
nov 16 2017
LANDED..........
nov 27
HI :)
So i want to apply for super visa
coz i got refuse from visitor visa
do you think they approve us?

Shajnemb

Nov 10, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11 Jan 2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
no AORS
File Transfer...
01-FEB-2017
Med's Request
23-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017 PASSED
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
nov 15 2017
VISA ISSUED...
nov 16 2017
LANDED..........
nov 27
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• You had provided insufficient proofs of your own assets/income.

Shajnemb

Nov 10, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11 Jan 2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
no AORS
File Transfer...
01-FEB-2017
Med's Request
23-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017 PASSED
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
nov 15 2017
VISA ISSUED...
nov 16 2017
LANDED..........
nov 27
what's the reason for refusal?
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• You had provided insufficient proofs of your own assets/income.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

No AOR or anything else
call them, at least everybody got AOR #
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I am looking for advise. My mother passed medicals and pcc last year in november. On Feb 8th she received pre-arrival letter, and nothing since. She was planning to come over to Canada for 3 weeks in April to visit us here as my eldest son will be on school break and we had brand new baby. She got vacation approved from work ,for that month which she does not want to waste, and we were hoping she will be a PR by then.
However it's 15th of March now. 2 months since police clearance has been submitted, and she is still undergoing background check. I can bring her in as tourist for couple of weeks in April, and she can lend later in October/November (when she will come to live more or less permanently with us).
The only thing bothers us if the decision will be made and passport be requested by immigration whilst or shortly before she travels here in april? Any advise on how to proceed?
When your mother gets PPR, she needs to send her passport to the LVO within 30 days.
Also she would have the second option as follow (copying from my PPR letter):

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

I hope it help.

Last edited:

Neil28_Canada

Aug 7, 2018
Hi all,

My file was received on Aug 15th 2018 and received the AOR on Nov 16th 2018. Since then the only update I had was Decision made on online status but no email/correspondence from IRCC.
So, I called the agent today and he said my sponsorship was approved on Feb 26th and I should wait 30 days for the email of confirmation.
He mentioned my LVO is NEW DELHI and my file is transferred there. BUT my parents are here on SUPERVISA for almost 18 months now and their present/current address was Canadian.
So how will my file be sent and processed in New Delhi? shouldn't it be OTTAWA? Has it happened to anyone of you guys as well?

Thank you. Please reply.

Last edited: