+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Well Hope for the best going forward,
Will keep you posted once I see or hear any development. Please keep me in the loop if you can as well...
I am just worried that I may miss some sort of medical request communication due to technical error on their side. Somehow, there is a lack of communication due to technical reason on their end. Pone agent told me the approval was send out, but I have not received anything till date.
Ansal got his SA approval a day after I did, and he also got medical request late last week. So hoping ours might be in line with him too...
Hi sam1986,
I just received the sponsorship approval letter today by email and it was the reply from my inquiry when I called them last week. My application is from CPC-Mississauga and was forwarded to CPC-Ottawa.
Thank you.

Date: February 18, 2019

UCI: XXxXxx

Application: Xxxxx

Xxxxxxcccccc

Email: xxxxxxxxcx

Dear Xxxxxxxx,

This is in reference to your inquiry on 2019/02/14.

Please find the enclosed correspondence which our office sent you on 2019/02/05 for your reference.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

hpatel29

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2009 to CIO, Nova Scottia
Doc's Request.
30th March, 2011
Nomination.....
1st June, 2011 full application submitted to CHC, London
AOR Received.
23rd August,2011(Date 12th August,2010)
IELTS Request
submitted with Initial application
File Transfer...
7th July 2011
Med's Request
22nd Feb,2012
Med's Done....
8th March, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10th April,2012 & Passport post on 12th April.2012.
VISA ISSUED...
25th April, 2012 and Received on 1st May, 2012.
LANDED..........
In August 2012 by grace of God !
RPRF , Medical & PCC request received today: 18th Feb, 2019

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Does anyone know realisically what the average wait time is so far for PGP outside of Canada? This website states it’s about 20-24 months https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

But I find it unreliable due to the fact my older brother sponsored my mother and I (Under 21 at the time) back in May 2018 and since we have reciev
Have a look at this spreadsheet at the link below and estimate away. Wait time depends on LVO and other circumstances.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Kumar2001

Jan 22, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo/cvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/08/2014
AOR Received.
11/12/2014
File Transfer...
12/03/2014
Med's Request
01/30/2015
Med's Done....
01/31/2015
Hi

I need help with my Parents PCC. Can anyone clarify if Ottawa office requesting PCC for parents since the age of 18 or for last 10 years only.? My father lived in Germany 25 years ago for more than 6 months. I just want to clarify if he needed PCC for that. ?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I have seen cases mentioned in the forum where a person got different uci numbers. Usually it is due to some change in the person’s information like name etc.

But I think you should not worry about it. Just leave it blank in the application- many of us have done that and it is completely fine.
I believe your application is already in process from 2018, could you please help me in clarifying a few doubts that I had.

1) As I saw people were discussing about the names to be provided in native language (indian in my case), do we really need to provide names in native languages?

2) Another thing on the form they ask about communication language, which i selected English and then interview language, I’ll select native language so just in case parents need to be interviewed they can easily understand, third question is “interpreter requested”, does that mean if we need interpreter? And should i select YeS there?

3) For personal history on form 5669, for parents last 10 years, since my dad is pensioner since 8-9 years should I put pensioner and while he is travelling I can just put travel or should it be travel/pensioner?
And on the same I need to provide last 10 years addresses, i made a rough summar for myself, I provided addresses + addresses for their travels to back home and Canada but there was a short visit to Italy which i mentioned in personal history, do I need to mention it in the address also? Or addresses mean where they have stayed at least a certain amount of time (i.e. to back home visita of 2-3 months and Canda for 4 months)

4). I’ll try to provide all the information, and documents but just in case they require more clarification, won’t they consider that as “incomplete application”? Any further information coule be provided later on their request, right?

I really appreciate if you could share your experience.!
Thank you

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
I believe your application is already in process from 2018, could you please help me in clarifying a few doubts that I had.

1) As I saw people were discussing about the names to be provided in native language (indian in my case), do we really need to provide names in native languages?

2) Another thing on the form they ask about communication language, which i selected English and then interview language, I’ll select native language so just in case parents need to be interviewed they can easily understand, third question is “interpreter requested”, does that mean if we need interpreter? And should i select YeS there?

3) For personal history on form 5669, for parents last 10 years, since my dad is pensioner since 8-9 years should I put pensioner and while he is travelling I can just put travel or should it be travel/pensioner?
And on the same I need to provide last 10 years addresses, i made a rough summar for myself, I provided addresses + addresses for their travels to back home and Canada but there was a short visit to Italy which i mentioned in personal history, do I need to mention it in the address also? Or addresses mean where they have stayed at least a certain amount of time (i.e. to back home visita of 2-3 months and Canda for 4 months)

4). I’ll try to provide all the information, and documents but just in case they require more clarification, won’t they consider that as “incomplete application”? Any further information coule be provided later on their request, right?

I really appreciate if you could share your experience.!
Thank you
1) yes, in the form you need to enter name in English as well as your native language. Cic specifically asks for that in the form.

2) I recommend you mention ‘yes’ to interpreter requested. Possibility of interview may be low but just in case.

3) short vacations are not required to be included under personal history and addresses. If Cic asks for travel form later, this information can be provided there.

4) Cic will reach out to you if more information is required.

Reactions: calgary17

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
1) yes, in the form you need to enter name in English as well as your native language. Cic specifically asks for that in the form.

2) I recommend you mention ‘yes’ to interpreter requested. Possibility of interview may be low but just in case.

3) short vacations are not required to be included under personal history and addresses. If Cic asks for travel form later, this information can be provided there.

4) Cic will reach out to you if more information is required.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I really appreciate your help
Thanks again

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
Hello friends i just got medical request for my parents...i m second round applicant app received aug 17 2018 sponsor approval Feb 6 medical Feb 18
Congrats Sukhi,
Did you receive an email or it showed up on your GClogin?
Is you GC login upto date ? like showing SA approval etc..etc...?

My GClogin shows no activity, all I can see is approved in ecas login.

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
Hi sam1986,
I just received the sponsorship approval letter today by email and it was the reply from my inquiry when I called them last week. My application is from CPC-Mississauga and was forwarded to CPC-Ottawa.
Thank you.

Did you send a web- specific inquiry.

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi

I need help with my Parents PCC. Can anyone clarify if Ottawa office requesting PCC for parents since the age of 18 or for last 10 years only.? My father lived in Germany 25 years ago for more than 6 months. I just want to clarify if he needed PCC for that. ?
I received this request for PCC:
Each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, please provide an updated Police Certificate.

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016