+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nguyen

Don't get the fess confused with filling the forms. See Well79's response.

You need to have a look at the forms and go through them carefully. In most cases, parents fill out one application form, as one parent is listed as the "principle applicant" and the other is listed as "dependent". So, it depends on your situation and I suspect that yours will be "principle applicant and dependent" kind of situation. But, you must read the instructions carefully. When you finally get the official invitation to send your application, CIC will send you a link to the application package and instructions. Read them carefully and fill out the forms as required.

As for the fees, they do not need to be paid separately, although you could also do that. You can pay for both of them at the same time and the total amount will show up on your official receipt. You will need to include that in your application package as well. For now, I suggest that you read through 2018 PGP instructions and fill out the forms just to familiarize yourself with CIC forms. I do not believe that there will be much changes in the application forms, but they may have some changes in the financial evaluation forms in 2019 PGP.
Thank you so much for your advice.

1- Yes, I am quite confused on the 0008 form and it seems to be only principal needs to fill this out, for example in my case I can fill my dad as principal and my mom as dependent. The instruction did not clearly state if only one principal should fill 008.

2- 0008DEP i assume this form is to be filled if my dad lists my mom as his dependent? In such case, only one person (my dad) would fill in the form 008 above

3-Schedule A needs to be completed by both so I am clear on this.

Please help me clarify if you have prior experience. Thanks

toronto240478

Oct 3, 2018
has anyone received a letter like the one below....any idea what the next steps are and what timelines might be ? Thank you

Dear ABC

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ABC and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office via the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) case-specific enquiry web form, fax, or mail as follows:
CPC-Ottawa - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
If at any time during processing, it is determined that local knowledge is required, the file may be forwarded to the relevant visa office for processing and final decision.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

Reactions: fisahma

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
has anyone received a letter like the one below....any idea what the next steps are and what timelines might be ? Thank you

Dear ABC

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Ranjana Sasan and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office via the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) case-specific enquiry web form, fax, or mail as follows:
If at any time during processing, it is determined that local knowledge is required, the file may be forwarded to the relevant visa office for processing and final decision.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

Hello,

I don't know if this is SA approval or not.

But could you please share your timeline? Were you the 1st round or the 2nd?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

Dear ABC

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Ranjana Sasan and family (if applicable).
A lot of people on this forum have received letters like this. In fact, everyone will get this email eventually. It means you have just got approved as a sponsor (Sponsorship Approval). The next step is to assign/transfer to local visa office for further processing. But, I'm curious why they did not mention the visa office in this letter. The letter I got contains the visa office they transferred my files to. That visa office will send you medical and police check requests when they are ready to do so. As for the timeline, it will depend on which visa office your files get assigned to. For some, it only takes two weeks, and it seems to take forever for others. So, no one really knows the timeline. You can guess based on the spreadsheet we have here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Last edited:

toronto240478

Oct 3, 2018
A lot of people on this forum have received letters like this. In fact, everyone will get this email eventually. It means you have just got approved as a sponsor (Sponsorship Approval). The next step is to assign/transfer to local visa office for further processing. But, I'm curious why they did not mention the visa office in this letter. I letter I got contains the visa office they transferred my files to. That visa office will send you medical ad police checks when they are ready to do so. As for timeline, it will depend on which visa office your files get assigned to. For some, it only takes two weeks, and it seems take forever for others. So, no one really knows the timeline. You can guess based on the spreadsheet we have here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616
Thank you, i do see the SA column now. Next steps should be medical, police request, fees payment etc, not sure about biometrics. I guess its a matter of waiting now. Timelines seem to be different for everyone.

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014

Dear ABC

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ABC and family (if applicable).
Hi There,
Are you first round or second round applicant? Would you mind to share the timeline please?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

1- Yes, I am quite confused on the 0008 form and it seems to be only principal needs to fill this out, for example in my case I can fill my dad as principal and my mom as dependent. The instruction did not clearly state if only one principal should fill 008.

2- 0008DEP i assume this form is to be filled if my dad lists my mom as his dependent? In such case, only one person (my dad) would fill in the form 008 above

You cannot have two principle applicants. So, only the principle applicant will fill IMM008. Your dad will be the principle applicant and he will list your mom as his dependent.

As for IMM008 DEP, that's for "additional" dependents. It means you need to fill out this form only if your parents have family members qualify as "dependent" - such as siblings who are under 22 and have been depending on your parents, disabled sibling etc. He does not need to list your mom in IMM008 DEP as "dependent" again. Like I said, it's for "additional" dependent (i.e in addition to your mom).

Leo_1983

Mar 21, 2018
Hello Experts,

I recently received an email from CIC asking for the following:
"Client Information: Please provide a scanned copy of the biometric and last page of your sponsor’s original Indian passport which clearly states the parents’ names on it."

Can you please guide me what they mean by the Biometric? What do I need to provide them to proceed with the application processing?

Thank you !

Leo

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018

On 1 - correct. Principal fills it and lists the other parent as dependent under the section Dependant(s).

On 2 - if you are only sponsoring mom and dad and no other people, this form is not needed.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello Experts,

I recently received an email from CIC asking for the following:
"Client Information: Please provide a scanned copy of the biometric and last page of your sponsor’s original Indian passport which clearly states the parents’ names on it."

Can you please guide me what they mean by the Biometric? What do I need to provide them to proceed with the application processing?

Thank you !

Leo
Did they provide any other information on how to get your biometric done? Biometrics are basically fingerprints taken at visa processing offices (VFS India in your case https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india). They really should provide a biometric acquisition form, so your parents can go do that at the nearest VFS office. Have a look at the letter again and check for instruction.

toronto240478

Oct 3, 2018
A lot of people on this forum have received letters like this. In fact, everyone will get this email eventually. It means you have just got approved as a sponsor (Sponsorship Approval). The next step is to assign/transfer to local visa office for further processing. But, I'm curious why they did not mention the visa office in this letter. The letter I got contains the visa office they transferred my files to. That visa office will send you medical and police check requests when they are ready to do so. As for the timeline, it will depend on which visa office your files get assigned to. For some, it only takes two weeks, and it seems to take forever for others. So, no one really knows the timeline. You can guess based on the spreadsheet we have here

sorry just another question, the status has not changed in online CIC, it says Application Received, doesnt even say IN PROCESS. is that normal ?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
sorry just another question, the status has not changed in online CIC, it says Application Received, doesnt even say IN PROCESS. is that normal ?
Yes, it's normal. Don't pay too much attention to the status on ECAS. The most important thing is the email you get from CIC, informing you of the decision they have made. You will find that the status on ECAS changes back and forth in the next few months as your application progresses to the finish line.

My ECAS status did not change after I got SA. But, it changed to "DM - decision made" soon after and PR status changed to "In Process". When it gets transferred to Singapore office, it changed back to "Application Received". So, status does not matter as much as the email you get from CIC, as the email you get from CIC is the final decision on your file. They may go change the online status later.

The funny part is that my wife's ECAS status for her PR never changed to DM even though she has been PR for the last 3 years! lol :p:p

She could even sponsor her parents if she wants to now. ;);)

Leo_1983

Mar 21, 2018
Did they provide any other information on how to get your biometric done? Biometrics are basically fingerprints taken at visa processing offices (VFS India in your case https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india). They really should provide a biometric acquisition form, so your parents can go do that at the nearest VFS office. Have a look at the letter again and check for instruction.
@curious205 Thank you for quick reply. They didn't provide any other information apart from what I posted in quotes. There is no Biometrics Acquisition form either. Is there is a way to confirm exactly what they have requested for so I can provide that ?

Thank you!