+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
My online status changed to process and it says we started processing your application on January 21....i m 2nd round applicant...can somebody explain what's next

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Hello guys,
Anybody there who is waiting 3 or more than 3 months after Medical, PCC, RPRF? My parent's RPRF and PCC requests done in October 17th 2018, also medical is done. Since then we are waiting for next final step (i.e., PPR), and its been more than 3 months now but no update at all. So frustrating ...
Background check since Aug 2018.

moike

May 22, 2018
I did’nt put any representative on my Mom’s application because she have her own GCkey where I’m the one who’s checking and doing it in behalf of my mother.
I don’t know what is the problem.
I had the same problem Until I added the word “city” in place of birth. I also counted all applicants dependants ( main is mother dependants are sister and dad). In my case it was me, wife(2kids not counted) + applicants, total 5. Goodluck!

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
I received a letter from CIC asking for biometrics but I’m the sponsor. Should my parents need to get biometrics instead?

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
submitted Aug 22
AOR Nov 26
The status on ECas still shows App received
Not sure why the letter addressed to me saying that I applied for Permanent Resident and asked to provide biometrics

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello Members, please I need your advice on this.
@YULIA-2016 Please update my line with the following information - Line 99 dok (Accra)

Medical Passed on January 4, 2019
BGC changed to in process on January 4, 2019
ecas shows Decision made for the applicant on January 11, 2019

I also received a request letter through GCKey stating that the application is almost complete and further information is required in order to issue CoPR and if applicable permanent residence visa. The Letter came from Ottawa but my file was actually being processed in Accra. Now I am wondering if I should submit my mother's passport to the Accra office directly or inform Ottawa before submitting to Accra office. My mother is currently in Accra where she resides.
@YULIA-2016 Please update.

GCkey was updated today to application approved. Visa counterfoil issued till medical expiration date. Passport was submitted on January 14th. Just yesterday, I wrote the visa office to inquire about her application and today it got approved. I don't know if my email to them played any role. I heard some people from other forums dealing with the same visa office that they email them and the next day it got approved. I decided to do the same and now I got a positive result. Thank you all for your support. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
submitted Aug 22
AOR Nov 26
Not sure why the letter addressed to me saying that I applied for Permanent Resident and asked to provide biometrics
Just wondering, did you get your letter through mail or email? Did u provide your email address on the form?

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
submitted Aug 22
AOR Nov 26
So please correct me if I am wrong. Based on your dates, you are in the second round, right? and you have already been approved as sponsor? What was the date for that one? If you have been approved, have they also send medical and PCC letters?

Thanks

toughguy25

Jul 28, 2015
Hi,

I would like to sponsor my parents but I only have tax returns from past two years (I will get my third tax return this year). My husband will be co-signing the application. I read IMM5768e form and in there it stats the following:

"8. Sponsor - Statement of Consent
By selecting "Yes: in the box below, and by signing this statement, I hereby give consent to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to collect my Social Insurance Number (SIN) for the purpose of requesting that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) disclose my income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the date of application in order to determine whether the sponsor meets the minimum necessary income requirements (Low-Income-Cut-Offs +30%) to sponsor a parent or grandparent as outlined in Section 133(1)(j(i)(B) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR)."

So does anyone know if by application they mean the actual Sponsorship application or would it be the Letter of Interest? Also, my husband meets all the criteria so would his previous three tax returns be counted towards the application (in case they say I have only two tax returns prior to Letter of Interest).

Thanks!

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
So please correct me if I am wrong. Based on your dates, you are in the second round, right? and you have already been approved as sponsor? What was the date for that one? If you have been approved, have they also send medical and PCC letters?

Thanks
Yes I’m the second round. My sponsorship has not been approved yet. Not sure why I received that letter. It shows App Received in ECas

Reactions: sarasarasara