+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
@pratiknruparel @YULIA-2016

Hello Yulia, and all

I submitted my application on 4 October for PGP and got the AOR finally on 4th January 2019.
I am able to linked my application to online also.

I want to know two things here :
They mention only my father name in AOR as the applicant and not my mother name - Does that mean its okay because my mother is dependent of my father and he is the main applicant and they both will get the PR at the same ?

Second is , My MOM and DAD are here in Canada for visitor visa. And before coming my dad did a Medical Test upfront on 20th december 2018.
and my mother did it on May 2018.
Incase if they ask for the medicals before their upfront medical expired , Can i still submit their upfront medicals ? or they have to do it again ?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
@pratiknruparel @YULIA-2016

Hello Yulia, and all

I submitted my application on 4 October for PGP and got the AOR finally on 4th January 2019.
I am able to linked my application to online also.

I want to know two things here :
They mention only my father name in AOR as the applicant and not my mother name - Does that mean its okay because my mother is dependent of my father and he is the main applicant and they both will get the PR at the same ?

Second is , My MOM and DAD are here in Canada for visitor visa. And before coming my dad did a Medical Test upfront on 20th december 2018.
and my mother did it on May 2018.
Incase if they ask for the medicals before their upfront medical expired , Can i still submit their upfront medicals ? or they have to do it again ?
AOR will only mention principle applicant in the letter. But, PR is for both parents and both parents will get PR at the same time.

As for medical, CIC will most likely use the existing medical. In any case, you do not need to upload IME (Immigration Medical Exam) result. Your doctor does that, and CIC has access to existing medical result as well. When the time comes for IME for your parents, CIC will see that they have already done IME and they will determine if they want a new one. I have seen applications in this forum where existing IMEs and biometrics were used for PGP application.

The short answer is "yes, both of your parents will get PR at the same time and you do not need to do anything on IME". Sit tight, relax and wait for sponsorship approval (the next step after AOR). CIC will notify you if your parents require another IME.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
But is there also such a thing that you will book a specific time with immigration officials to do the landing? I feel like i read something like that before?

Some has done that before?

Thanks again :)
if both parents are here, you can book appointment in Etobicoke office / around 2 weeks waiting/

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

ANSAL

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

Any tips for linking the application to online CIC account.
CIC website somehow does not find application even after using all given options

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Hello All,i am 2nd round applicant and my AOR was on Oct 22. Today, I have got an email to provide death certificate of my DAD. Not sure, why did not they ask for it before? I checked the online account but there was no option to upload the document. But they did provide me a fax number. I guess, I will use that one. besides that, can I send it using IRCC Web form?

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,i am 2nd round applicant and my AOR was on Oct 22. Today, I have got an email to provide death certificate of my DAD. Not sure, why did not they ask for it before? I checked the online account but there was no option to upload the document. But they did provide me a fax number. I guess, I will use that one. besides that, can I send it using IRCC Web form?

Hi just wondering. What is your ecas status says? Is it IN PROCESS now? Thanks

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Hi just wondering. What is your ecas status says? Is it IN PROCESS now? Thanks
Still says Application Received

See Below

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help - Final decision

But in the online account there they say, we are processing your application

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
Hello All
Need some help!
I've sent my parents sponsorship application on Sep 26-2018 after I got selected in second round and I am still waiting for AOR.
Is there any certain time period to get an AOR email? as it has been more than 10 weeks already
Please feel free to share some of your knowledge
Thanks

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hello All
Need some help!
I've sent my parents sponsorship application on Sep 26-2018 after I got selected in second round and I am still waiting for AOR.
Is there any certain time period to get an AOR email? as it has been more than 10 weeks already
Please feel free to share some of your knowledge
Thanks

If you check the following spreadsheet, there are still members who are waiting for their AOR (assuming that we all are reporting when we get any updates)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

I guess we still need to wait considering the holidays slowing down the process

Last edited:
Reactions: karan.dandiwal
Jan 7, 2019