+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

toronto240478

Oct 3, 2018
I received an email asking for my mothers spouses death certificate. The letter says you can fax the certificate. Is it ok to upload the certificate using the webform ?

Reactions: Cravethe6th

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hi guys, just wanted to share some information regarding the Landing. I took my parents for an inland landing to the Etobicoke office on Dec 14th. We got there 30 mins early. I wasn't sure if I was to take another set of photographs for them as we had already attached the photographs with their PPR. I took two more copies of their photos anyway. When we walked into the immigration office, we were asked to show the invitation email/letter and their passport. You then take a token, and wait for your turn to go see the officer. The officer was very polite to my parents and recognized that they may have difficulty understanding him (I had also stated that as soon as I saw him at the counter). The sponsor has to be there obviously with the people who're landing. The officer asked each of my parent whether they had ever been convicted of a crime or if they were denied entry into Canada or if they were ever asked to leave Canada. Obviously, in our case the answer to those questions was NO. They signed their landing papers (one copy for self and one copy for immigrations). The end. Hope this information helps.
If someone does not do inland landing process and do right at the airport.. does sponser need to be there too? my parents have difficulty speaking English as well will the officer at the airport will help them?

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
HI all, i am seeking the assistance of any one with similar experience with a request to change an assigned visa office. my in-laws were sponsored by my wife and the sponsorship approval letter came in indicating it has been forwarded to the visa office in new delhi due to their home address. they are currently in Canada. infact the application was submitted while in Canada and i think the confusion was partly due to the fact that their permanent home address was listed as the country of residence however we did indicate they were currently in Canada . i would like their visa office transferred to Canada but not sure of how to proceed. their processing has not started so i don't know how this will impact anything. thanks for your help

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
HI all, i am seeking the assistance of any one with similar experience with a request to change an assigned visa office. my in-laws were sponsored by my wife and the sponsorship approval letter came in indicating it has been forwarded to the visa office in new delhi due to their home address. they are currently in Canada. infact the application was submitted while in Canada and i think the confusion was partly due to the fact that their permanent home address was listed as the country of residence however we did indicate they were currently in Canada . i would like their visa office transferred to Canada but not sure of how to proceed. their processing has not started so i don't know how this will impact anything. thanks for your help
Even they are in Canada under super visa, their very original residential address is India still.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Parent is a owner of a driving school back home, and on the application form, the occupation is filled as President. However, on a notarization, the translation is Principle. Would it be considered misrepresentation? Any need to fix the notarization? Thanks.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
If someone does not do inland landing process and do right at the airport.. does sponser need to be there too? my parents have difficulty speaking English as well will the officer at the airport will help them?
I'm not sure how it works for cases that are not inland landing. Maybe call the call center and check with them. I'm sure they will be realistic and have a translator available for them, but please confirm with the call center to be absolutely sure.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
They will change the visa office. You should contact the call center and confirm how you can have this done. Or contact the Delhi visa office. I'd start with the call center first.

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Hi All,
Has anyone's application status has changed to anything else rather than application received for 2nd round applicants?

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
I am a round 1 application and even my status hasn't changed. It still shows application received on May 24.
Sorry to hear that and hopefully, you will have good news soon. Did you check with them why it's taking long for you as for other people, they have got ppr already

toronto240478

Oct 3, 2018
Sorry to hear that and hopefully, you will have good news soon. Did you check with them why it's taking long for you as for other people, they have got ppr already
No I havent checked. No amount of checking and rechecking will change the result or speeden up the process. They say it could take between 20-24 months and its just been 7 months. Also we've been just been asked to provide a missing document (spouses death certificate) which they never asked for earlier in the initial package, so I am assuming they are working on it. Once they receive the missing document, the file should be complete and they should then transfer the file to the home consulate.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Friends, it has been more than a week that I received AOR in email. I checked on ECAS and the status shows Application Received. However I check Gc key account for my access canada and the application is not displayed there. Also , should we create a gckey account for the Principal applicant(my father)? I tried to create but it asks for SIN number.
Please let me know what should I do next after receiving AOR.

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Friends, it has been more than a week that I received AOR in email. I checked on ECAS and the status shows Application Received. However I check Gc key account for my access canada and the application is not displayed there. Also , should we create a gckey account for the Principal applicant(my father)? I tried to create but it asks for SIN number.
Please let me know what should I do next after receiving AOR.
sit back, relax and enjoy your flight...lol