+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

rhosan02

Nov 27, 2018
hello guys im planning to sponsor my parents if they gonna choose me,

question like i need the 2016 2017& 2018 and ived been on short term dissability and maternity do you think it will affect my lico? i gave birth since aug but not working since march 27 i meet the 2016 and 2017 income but im not aure if im gonna meet the 2018 since im not working

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Yulia @YULIA-2016

I just received the PPR/COPR letter 15 minutes ago.
I have applied for my father and mother-in-law. Currently my father -in-law (principal applicant) is in India. But my mother in law is in Toronto.
The letter I have received gives me both option of submitting their passports to either VFS India or in Ottawa through pre-paid Xpressport (by Canada Post)

Big Question - Can I submit my father in law's passport in India and my mother in law's in Canada seperatly or do i need to submit them together?

Is there any process for such situation?

Do you know if I can call at any number and ask IRCC?

Please help. I am super confused now.
I believe yes, both should provide PPR letter and write explanation letter just in case
Mom's passport goes to Ottawa

Reactions: Rockstar16

zfsajid

Dec 7, 2018
Hi Yulia @YULIA-2016

I just received the PPR/COPR letter 15 minutes ago.
I have applied for my father and mother-in-law. Currently my father -in-law (principal applicant) is in India. But my mother in law is in Toronto.
The letter I have received gives me both option of submitting their passports to either VFS India or in Ottawa through pre-paid Xpressport (by Canada Post)

Big Question - Can I submit my father in law's passport in India and my mother in law's in Canada seperatly or do i need to submit them together?

Is there any process for such situation?

Do you know if I can call at any number and ask IRCC?

Please help. I am super confused now.
I'm also waiting for PPR, did you get PPR/COPR through email or regular post?
How much time it took get PPR after Medical/RPRF?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockstar16

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Guys for those of you planning on doing a landing within Canada instead of taking their parents to a POE, just wanted to share some information with you. IRCC will send you instructions along with the landing papers when they return your parents' passports on what options you have for landing and how you can book an appointment with one of the inland offices to do the landing based on your location. As per those instructions I had sent an email to CIC to book an appointment in the etobicoke office for my parents' landing. I sent the email on the 1st of December. We received an email response from them on the 4th with landing appointment scheduled for 14th. Hope this helps. Good luck.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Guys for those of you planning on doing a landing within Canada instead of taking their parents to a POE, just wanted to share some information with you. IRCC will send you instructions along with the landing papers when they return your parents' passports on what options you have for landing and how you can book an appointment with one of the inland offices to do the landing based on your location. As per those instructions I had sent an email to CIC to book an appointment in the etobicoke office for my parents' landing. I sent the email on the 1st of December. We received an email response from them on the 4th with landing appointment scheduled for 14th. Hope this helps. Good luck.
yep, I've heard about 2 weeks also

Rockstar16

Aug 23, 2018
I'm also waiting for PPR, did you get PPR/COPR through email or regular post?
How much time it took get PPR after Medical/RPRF?
I received the COPR through email. They haven't updated the status of ECAS yet.

Medicals were cleared on 17th Sep and I submitted the PCC and Travel Document on 14th Sep.

I received a Pre-arrival letter in the mail and also on the ECAS on 21st Nov

Hope this helps

Reactions: zfsajid

Rockstar16

Aug 23, 2018
I thought of sharing this information as it can be useful for someone.

I received my in-laws COPR letter or passport request today. I was given both option of submitting my in-laws passport either through VFS or to CPC Canada.

Apart from checking at the forum, I also spoke to IRCC Contact Center to an agent. They confirmed that I can submit my father-in-laws passport in India and Mother-in-law's passport in Canada (since she is here).

Note - My Mother-in-law will not get the PR before my father -in-law lands in Canada (since he is the primary applicant). You can only get the PR, when you land with the primary applicant or after they have landed.

Hopefully, it may be helpful to someone seeking more information

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
hello guys im planning to sponsor my parents if they gonna choose me,

question like i need the 2016 2017& 2018 and ived been on short term dissability and maternity do you think it will affect my lico? i gave birth since aug but not working since march 27 i meet the 2016 and 2017 income but im not aure if im gonna meet the 2018 since im not working
According to the what I've read so far, 2019 is PGP is going to be sort of first-come-first serve with a hint of lottery system attached to it. Starting from 2019, the first 20,000 PGP applicants will be selected (not random selection like 2018). They will have 2nd round, of course, because they have no way of knowing if the first 20,000 is truly eligible since they were automatically selected simply because they got into the system first. So, if you want to get selected, follow CIC announcements to find out when PGP 2019 will be opened. Then get up bright and early with a very fast internet connection to get into the PGP program on the opening day.

As for meeting LICO, it is very likely that you will not meet LICO since your income will be much lower than normal. You can have your husband co-sign the application to meet LICO, if your income for 2018 is a bit short of LICO.

Last edited:

singhisking83

Jul 16, 2018
Hello,
I got my sponsorship approval mid-november, and I had noticed that applicant's status on e-cas was "in process". I logged in today and it has reverted to "application received". It got me a bit anxious. Anyone else experienced that?