+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi everyone,
I need your comments/advice.... I received the request for medical and pcc for my parents yesterday. The problem is they have asked for a pcc from scotland and UK separately which is interesting because they are practically the same. My dad lived there about 30 years ago...we have contacted scotish police department through friend who lives there and supposedly they dont have such a document as police clearance for immigration purposes. They just have something called conviction history which is very complicated process and its hard to get within 1 month. What you guys suggest me to do? Should I contact CIC? Is there any way to talk to the officer who is processing the file?
compose a letter to explain the situation.... being real is fine

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I am preparing to sponsor my parents from india in 2019. They got married in 1985 and don't have a marriage certificate as it didn't exist those days. Can anyone share sample/format of an affidavit that can be used in lieu of?
Thanks in advance..

gmmpjcf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp- ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata & RPRf request: 10-12-2013
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Med's Request
13-12-2013
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2014
Hi guys!

Tonight @9:47pm Edmonton time, finally, i received my mom’s PPR!! Woohoo!!
I would like to thank Everyone , special mention to @YULIA-2016 for quickly responding to my queries. I hope and pray for each and everyone ‘ s success in reuniting with your parents/ grandparents!

honhon

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
I was going through the spreadsheet and saw a few "Upfront IME". My assumption is that those are the medical checks done before the applicants receive IME requests.

Can you do medical before you get the request?

I know you can get police clearance any time you want as it does not require any form from CIC. But, as far as I can remember, medical checks require a form issued by CIC. That said, if it's ok to do medical without having to wait for the request from CIC, then I might as well do it because I know IME and police clearance checks are coming anyway.

I'm sure it's been asked before. But, I don't remember the answer :D

Thanks guys!
No, not every one can do police certificate any time, it depends on which country. Like my home country, I need to receive the request letter from CIC before I can apply it. And up to now, I still have not received it despite I have asked for via webform numerous time. But in my CIC account, it require me to upload by 17 Nov. Therefore I upload an email copy from my home country's police department explaining that I need a request letter.

honhon

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hi everyone,
I need your comments/advice.... I received the request for medical and pcc for my parents yesterday. The problem is they have asked for a pcc from scotland and UK separately which is interesting because they are practically the same. My dad lived there about 30 years ago...we have contacted scotish police department through friend who lives there and supposedly they dont have such a document as police clearance for immigration purposes. They just have something called conviction history which is very complicated process and its hard to get within 1 month. What you guys suggest me to do? Should I contact CIC? Is there any way to talk to the officer who is processing the file?
My home country need to process 4 weeks time too. They told me just upload the receipt will be fine, as this proves that u hv already applied it but just it needs a longer time.

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hi everyone,
I thought application asked only last 10 years history for stay. Wondering how are they asking from 30 years ago.

AG1ez

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
1) If they grey out the "spouse", don't worry about. Fill out what you can.
2) You'd put your biological dad, as he is her "previous" marriage. Answer the date they got married, divorced etc.
3) Your deceased stepdad info needs to be in the additional family information. That's where you can enter his info (not in Generic Application Form).
Thanks for the clarification.

jaivik

Mar 10, 2017
A Question.
HI @YULIA-2016
I did already link the application to cic online portal. I logged in and uploaded requested proof of medical exams, police clearance certs and travel doc and went "Next" on the page and submitted the docs. It is showing that "Replacement Provided" (in green colour) for all docs.
I believe that's all and it has reached to CIC.

Do I have to send these docs in mail to CIC as well ?
I am confused because even after submitting the docs completely, it says on the cic portal, that "Your action is required".
Please help !!

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Good Morning Everyone !!!!
Principal applicant changed to DECISION MADE in ECAS.
CIC account updated to background check process.
MAY 7 applicant vo is NDVO.
Thank you everyone.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
A Question.
HI @YULIA-2016
I did already link the application to cic online portal. I logged in and uploaded requested proof of medical exams, police clearance certs and travel doc and went "Next" on the page and submitted the docs. It is showing that "Replacement Provided" (in green colour) for all docs.
I believe that's all and it has reached to CIC.

Do I have to send these docs in mail to CIC as well ?
I am confused because even after submitting the docs completely, it says on the cic portal, that "Your action is required".
Please help !!
send them to email just in case and should be enough

haffi47

May 22, 2018
Hi All, I have a question that my mom has super visa which is expiring June, 2019 so I am planning to bring her Canada before visa expires. Do I need to formally inform CIC that my mom is here like writing a letter to them and update her address as Canadian address? When her immigration process will complete, does she need to exit and enter to get the new status. Her immigration file is at stage 1 so I am confused what to do? and don’t want to do anything which affects immigration process. Thanks in advance.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi All, I have a question that my mom has super visa which is expiring June, 2019 so I am planning to bring her Canada before visa expires. Do I need to formally inform CIC that my mom is here like writing a letter to them and update her address as Canadian address? When her immigration process will complete, does she need to exit and enter to get the new status. Her immigration file is at stage 1 so I am confused what to do? and don’t want to do anything which affects immigration process. Thanks in advance.
not necessary , you can send passport to Ottawa as well