Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello Everyone,

I want to ask about form 0008.
I am sponsoring my parents and have one sister older than 22 years Old.
In the form shall i include her as dependent ? As the form says "you should include all of your family members even if they are not accompanying you to Canada ".

But then in the box no. 3 of 0008 , How many family member including you in this application will be then 3 (DAD, MOM AND SIS) which will not satisfy my income requirement as in FORM 5768 Financial Evaluation , under current undertaking i have to mention what i have written in Box 3 of 0008. which will make my LICO requirement against 4 (3+including me).

Please help if i should include my sister in 0008 form Dependent information.
The child over age of 22 is not a dependent child, until unless financially dependent because of physical of mental health. Please check the following links on CIC web site for more understanding

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/aod-tool.asp

From PGP Sponsorship guide

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#child

========================
Dependent children

Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements below on the day we receive your complete application:

• They’re under 22 years old, and
  • They don’t have a spouse or common-law partner
Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• They have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • They are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
Dependants must continue to meet these requirements until they enter Canada.

Not sure which type of dependant your child is? Check if your child qualifies as a dependant by answering a few questions.
===================

So your sister is not dependent and should not be included in the application

In come cases there can be a dependent (Under age of 22) , and that dependent, for some reason do not want to immigrant to Canada. That is what they are asking you to include.

Hope this would help. I am helping from my understanding , I am not a consultant or such . So pleas double check always what you are going to do.

Good luck

Reactions: ssingh5 and YVR123

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018
Hi All,

My parents submitted PCC, medical , travel history docs on 26th August. On 23rd September their application status changed to Decision made. But they haven't received PPR request yet. Looking at the excel sheet mostly people have got PPR request within 1 or 2 days from the date when application status changed to decision made. Is anybody else also having same timeline has got this much of lag between status change and PPR request? Please let me know your inputs.

Following are the details of their timeline:
Invitation received-21st March
Application Received in Ottawa-26th April
Sponsorship Approval-July 17th
Medical/PCC/Travel History submitted-26th August
Pre arrival letter-8th September
Ecas status Changed to Decision Made-23rd September

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi All,

My parents submitted PCC, medical , travel history docs on 26th August. On 23rd September their application status changed to Decision made. But they haven't received PPR request yet. Looking at the excel sheet mostly people have got PPR request within 1 or 2 days from the date when application status changed to decision made. Is anybody else also having same timeline has got this much of lag between status change and PPR request? Please let me know your inputs.

Following are the details of their timeline:
Invitation received-21st March
Application Received in Ottawa-26th April
Sponsorship Approval-July 17th
Medical/PCC/Travel History submitted-26th August
Pre arrival letter-8th September
Ecas status Changed to Decision Made-23rd September
Is your application being processed in Ottawa ?

Neyoswife

Mar 25, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
I am not 100% sure, but I could have done the following if I am you.

1. Contact a notray/lawyer in Canada to have an alternative that have CIC can accept. I know, lawyer may have charge you 400$ at first meeting.But notary may be cost you less.
2. If lawyer is expensive, go to Notary and ask for draft of a self declaration letter, that explain from your parents side, that, they were married since ...date.... and now divorce since .....date . Send that draft to your parents back and get a notary attested. Send that letter to CIC with explaination letter as well. lIke you are not able to produce divorce because, authority did not provide such etc..
3. The above may be sufficient. If possible, apart from above document, contact, City or village Councillor/Sarpanch of community back home, where your parents lived. Ask Councillor/Sarpanch to attest such declaration signed by your divorced parents as well and send to CIC..
4. CIC understand this , that it is not your fault. But at least submit something

Hope this would help
Thanks so much. I got a lawyer to Notarized the letter. Really appreciate your advice.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
mmm , that sound weird. Can you please point to a link from CIC , that is explaining all this?

Thanks
Did you read the application guide? In part 1 of how to calculate your family size, there is no mentioning of different family size of different year. You calculate it when you fill-in and sign your application forms. And that's the family size. (which is Sept 2018 according to your timeline). So if your child is born when you submit and sign your applications, you have to count him in as dependent child

How to calculate the family size?
The size of the family determines the amount of income you need to make to sponsor. Use this table below to assist you in calculating the size of your family:
  1. Count:
    Note: Children who meet the definition of a dependent child must be included in the calculation, even if you as a sponsor do not have custody nor provide child support.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#apply

Reactions: Another-Immigrant

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Did you read the application guide? In part 1 of how to calculate your family size, there is no mentioning of different family size of different year. You calculate it when you fill-in and sign your application forms. And that's the family size. (which is Sept 2018 according to your timeline). So if your child is born when you submit and sign your applications, you have to count him in as dependent child

How to calculate the family size?
The size of the family determines the amount of income you need to make to sponsor. Use this table below to assist you in calculating the size of your family:
  1. Count:Note: Children who meet the definition of a dependent child must be included in the calculation, even if you as a sponsor do not have custody nor provide child support.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#apply
agreed !
you put that number in your finance form and its just 1 #

faisal124

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Hi All,

If We (Sponsors) are expecting a child, when do we need to inform IRCC? After the child is born or right after we know that it has been conceived?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi All,

If We (Sponsors) are expecting a child, when do we need to inform IRCC? After the child is born or right after we know that it has been conceived?
after child is born
all the best !

Reactions: YVR123

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Hello,

I am wondering if we have get police clearance done before the request from CIC?
Do anyone know if we have to update cic in the event parents go back to home country?

Thanks.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello,

I am wondering if we have get police clearance done before the request from CIC?
Do anyone know if we have to update cic in the event parents go back to home country?

Thanks.
1.you can do in advance, its free and valid 6 mon
2. dont need

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020

harjit007

Aug 27, 2018
Hi

Do you get PPR request(separate emails) for main applicant and dependent? I just got one email for my father but not mother. I wonder i should just send both the passports or wait for another email(PPR) for mother.