Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Hello Please add me to the timeline.

Application for DAD and Mom on Supervisa in Ontario
Sponsor Name - Aman Singh
Invitation received - July -31
Application sending today - August 27 by Purolator

I also have a question - Should I send my application by Purolator to Ottawa PO Box Address?
Application Delivered - August 28,2018
Given NOA for 3 years NO Access to CRA account given

Waiting for AOR but still no reply
Anyone know how long it takes to get AOR and ECAS status active?

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
CIC not very good, in instructions as well,

Check list says send the documents to Mississauga

Make sure all forms are completed and signed.
Attach this checklist to forms and supporting documents and send in an envelope addressed to
the Case Processing Centre - Mississauga.
See Submit the Application in your guide.

But the Approval letter says this address

CPC- PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

Guide says the following

Step 4. Submit the Application
Mailing instructions
Put your forms, receipt and all supporting documents in an envelope.

We don’t accept multiple applications in one package. If you’re sending more than 1 application, please package them individually.

Don’t hand-deliver your application.

Send the application package by mail or courier to:

CPC- PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

I think, i should be sending to this address

CPC-M-PGP
PO BOX 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

Can any one please confirm? is this correct address?

Thanks
I understand that some statement may be open to interpretation but trust me the instructions by IRCC can't be more clear. Perhaps, you may got confused by the word Mississauga at the end of the form, but the instructions are still correct. In the correct address CPC-M-PGP means Case Processing Centre-Mississauga-Parents and GrandParents, even though we are mailing them to Ottawa.
Till last year, all PGP applications were mailed directly to Mississauga location.

Reactions: Another-Immigrant

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Hi, I have a few questions for my parent sponsorship application.
1)My parent passport has thumbprint instead of the signature, do they need to use thumbprint on CIC forms also (is it acceptable)? Can somebody confirm who had a similar situation

2) My wife is a co-signer. My current family size is 3 (Myself, wife and son). I have a little bit of confusion for the item no. 14 and 17 of IMM 5768 form where family size input is required. Item No.14 is related to me(sponsor) and I put 3. No. 17 is related to my wife (co-signer), should she put "3" ?
1. Yes, I had a similar situation. My interpretation was that moving forward a thumb impression was not going to fly well here particularly if you look at other institutions like banks, hospitals & various govt offices where at some point they will be asked to sign. "Begin with the End in Mind"
So I got my mom to practicing her name in her native language and now her passport and application has her name in her handwriting. It doesn't have to be fancy. For your scenario where the passport still carries the thumb impression you may choose to apply both or signature only on the forms because at some point they may have print their name.

2. Yes, family size would be 3 in both column.

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hey Guys,

Need your help in something,
I have requested the CIC to withdraw my application through web form.
But i haven't got any reply yet from CIC its been over a month.

Also i noticed when i submitted the web form they didnt gave me any acknowledgement that they have recieved my request.

Dont know what to do as i have to apply the PGP for my parents next year and i cant apply while this application is still in process

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Application Delivered - August 28,2018
Given NOA for 3 years NO Access to CRA account given

Waiting for AOR but still no reply
Anyone know how long it takes to get AOR and ECAS status active?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616
You can refer to the above spreadsheet (often referred as SS in the forum), it is very well managed and with number of days and various stages that the application goes through. Average time is around 2 months but could be more. I applied around the same time as you so I am not going to worry about it until December.

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
1. Yes, I had a similar situation. My interpretation was that moving forward a thumb impression was not going to fly well here particularly if you look at other institutions like banks, hospitals & various govt offices where at some point they will be asked to sign. "Begin with the End in Mind"
So I got my mom to practicing her name in her native language and now her passport and application has her name in her handwriting. It doesn't have to be fancy. For your scenario where the passport still carries the thumb impression you may choose to apply both or signature only on the forms because at some point they may have print their name.

2. Yes, family size would be 3 in both column.
Thank you

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Something coming up or Website is down getting error message while checking ECAS Status

SORRY ...this on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons:

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Nothing coming up their website is down and below is official tweet by CIC

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Users of some online services are experiencing technical issues, which are being examined. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Good luck

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Since it's a PO Box, can I still courier to this address? Or I am stuck with Canada Post? I read on the news that they may be on strike again....
OK... I read the guide and saw this:

If you send your application by courier, you may see a different address on your courier tracking slip. Find out why.

I guess it's Canada Post then....

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Something coming up or Website is down getting error message while checking ECAS Status

SORRY ...this on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons:

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
SERVER IS DOWN :cool: