Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi There,
Will they send invitations to more applicants as they mentioned the process will continue over a few days? Or this 8500 is final for the second round. I was not selected in the second round that they published today.
But based on the spreadsheet from last year there was only first and second round of invites sent out. This year they have sent it out couple of months in advance.

newUser111

Jul 30, 2018
But based on the spreadsheet from last year there was only first and second round of invites sent out. This year they have sent it out couple of months in advance.
Yes, hoping for some miracle to happen. The way they said it made me think there might be more chances! Fingers crossed!!
  • Invitations will be sent to potential sponsors beginning on July 31, 2018.
  • This process will continue over a few days

pixielark

Mar 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I think I have a weird situation.
I have received my AOR and able to link my parent's application on the IRCC website without any issue for about 2 weeks now.
But when I search by my UCI + my birth date or Receipt number + my father's birth date on ECAS I am not able to get anything.
Anyone have the same situation?

Thanks

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Hi all,
is there anyone still waiting for Acknowledge of receipt since sending the application? Mine was received by mail on May 15th at Ottawa office and still didn't hear back anything . I believe they are already doing second round of selecting since my friend received invitation letter to apply today for her parents. I couldn't link the paperwork online. I called CIC and they saw my parents' application but it's still in temporary state..

Just wondering if anyone is still waiting.
thanks.
I have thesame timeline. I havent receive anything either.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Congratulations to all who's parent's got picked in the lucky draw for sponsorship in the 2nd round, it must be such a relief for the families.

From what I could see, in the 2nd round IRCC selected 8500 applicants who had put their name in the draw.

It clearly shows how ineffective IRCC's Parents sponsorship draw website was, even after adding few more generic questions, it still was wide open for those who are not eligible. That means that out of the draw of 15,000 only 1500 were eligible.

It is heartbreaking that there are so many eligible PRs and Citizens who are waiting for years and they are subjected to a flawed lottery system.

I hope next year IRCC starts asking for SIN number on the website, so that only eligible candidates get the opportunity.

Series 0 - 846
Series 1 - 827
Series 2 - 852
Series 3 - 823
Series 4 - 933
Series 5 - 840
Series 6 - 843
Series 7 - 865
Series 8 - 838
Series 9 - 833
TOTAL: 8500

Last edited:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi all,

I just got an email from CIC Mississauga with a letter of invitation to apply for parents and grand parents sponsorship.

I expressed my interest in Jan 2018 and didn't get selected in first round. I guess they are doing second round and my interest got selected.

I have a question for you guys...

1. How strict is Low Income Cut-off requirement ? I am exceeding the income requirement for 2017, meeting the requirement for 2016 but not meeting for 2015 because I was studying in first few months of 2015 before getting the job.

I am applying as a principal sponsor and applying to sponsor my mom and dad. I got married in mid 2016 and I and my wife started living together under one household since then. In 2017, my income is exceeding the requirement (except my spouse's income). In 2016, I and my spouse's combined income (house hold income) was meeting the requirement but 2015 income is not meeting the requirement.

2.Is spouse's income also counted (as household income) to meet the income requirement to be eligible even if I am the only sponsor ( spouse is not a co-signer) ?

3. Is this going to be an issue ? Any suggestions ? as I am concerned regarding my next steps. should I apply or wait for the next year.

Thank you all.
1. The income requirement is straightforward and well enforced, there is no way around it.

2. Yes, a spouse can be a co-signer.

3. My suggestion, do not waste your time and money if you didn't meet income requirements
. Perhaps, at first place you shouldn't have put your name in the draw even after knowing that you didn't meet income requirement. You have wasted one spot; someone who was eligible and was waiting like you to bring his or her parents, would have got that spot.

Last edited:

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi all,

I just got an email from CIC Mississauga with a letter of invitation to apply for parents and grand parents sponsorship.

I expressed my interest in Jan 2018 and didn't get selected in first round. I guess they are doing second round and my interest got selected.

I have a question for you guys...

1. How strict is Low Income Cut-off requirement ? I am exceeding the income requirement for 2017, meeting the requirement for 2016 but not meeting for 2015 because I was studying in first few months of 2015 before getting the job.

I am applying as a principal sponsor and applying to sponsor my mom and dad. I got married in mid 2016 and I and my wife started living together under one household since then. In 2017, my income is exceeding the requirement (except my spouse's income). In 2016, I and my spouse's combined income (house hold income) was meeting the requirement but 2015 income is not meeting the requirement.

2.Is spouse's income also counted (as household income) to meet the income requirement to be eligible even if I am the only sponsor ( spouse is not a co-signer) ?

3. Is this going to be an issue ? Any suggestions ? as I am concerned regarding my next steps. should I apply or wait for the next year.

Thank you all.
If your income PLUS your spouse income for 2015 - 2016 - 2017 did not meet LICO requirements in ANY of the YEAR, you are not eligible
You are definitely wasting someone else who meet all the 3 years LICO their chance to sponsor for their parents.
IRCC will go cent-by-cent of LICO so even if you miss 1 cent, your application is ineligible.
THINK and READ CAREFULLY before you submit your application dude!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bickyii and gst8486

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi everyone,

I think I have a weird situation.
I have received my AOR and able to link my parent's application on the IRCC website without any issue for about 2 weeks now.
But when I search by my UCI + my birth date or Receipt number + my father's birth date on ECAS I am not able to get anything.
Anyone have the same situation?

Thanks
use file # and last name /sponsor/