+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

SSRN66

Mar 8, 2018
Congrats to all successful applicants & hard luck to those not selected! While rechecking ITSWF, accidently I got two confirmation nos. Could this duplicate confirmation nos. be cause of rejection of form? I couldn't find any confirmation no. in the list nor got a reply e-mail.
Thanks
SSRRN

abhi2884

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not able to open the chceklist pdf file, can someone please let me know what are the mandatory documents to submit?
I got invitation yesterday.

Reactions: HarryKhuttan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Greeting Folks!

First of all, I would like to thank each one of you and especially the VIP members of the forum for helping everyone and us newbies with our queries.
I have been waiting for the invitation to sponsor my parents since 2017 and finally for the invite this yr. I want to get this going full throttle as we just have 60 days to submit the completed application.
I have 2 queries and would appreciate any help on answers those.

1. This is with regards to the NOA for last 3 yrs. I have been PR since Oct 2013 but had moved to US from 2014 to 2016, returning back in June 2016. I would be filing on 2017 return this week so I should have NOA within a couple of weeks. I'm sorted for 2017 and 2016 ( I meet the minimum requirements), however, for 2015, I did not file Canadian Tax Return. I have the income and have filed my taxes in the US. May I know if I can include my US tax return for FY 2015 or Do I have to file the 2015 tax return in Canada and include that to be eligible?

2. This is regards to the Spelling of my Last name. Me and My Parents spell our last name differently. All my documents have my last name spelled different to my parents( "PH" as against "F", even through the pronunciation is the same). May I know if the difference in spelling can cause some issues and if there is a way to certify( some sort of affidavit) that both the spelling is for the same last name.

Thank y'all in advance of all the assistance !
You can't use your 2015 US income. You do not qualify and should not have submitted an interest form. You took a spot from someone else.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
1. This is with regards to the NOA for last 3 yrs. I have been PR since Oct 2013 but had moved to US from 2014 to 2016, returning back in June 2016. I would be filing on 2017 return this week so I should have NOA within a couple of weeks. I'm sorted for 2017 and 2016 ( I meet the minimum requirements), however, for 2015, I did not file Canadian Tax Return. I have the income and have filed my taxes in the US. May I know if I can include my US tax return for FY 2015 or Do I have to file the 2015 tax return in Canada and include that to be eligible?!
For income to qualify for LICO it must have been earned while you were residing inside Canada. Income earned while living in the US will not count. So you don't qualify at this time to sponsor your parents.

See here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf
5.30. Financial requirements
Financial resources must originate from Canadian sources for the following reasons:
• employment income abroad is not a reliable indicator of future or stable employment in Canada.
• CPC staff cannot easily verify if foreign income can be transferred to Canada.
• converting foreign income into Canadian dollars is resource-intensive.
• in cases of default, collection and litigation, it is easier to recover income from Canadian sources

5.31. Exceptions to Canadian income rule
The exceptions to the Canadian income rule are as follows:
• sponsors who commute from Canada to work in the U.S.A. can use their U.S. employment income provided it is declared as income on their Canadian income tax return;
• sponsors living in Canada who declare income from foreign sources on their Canadian tax returns, can use this foreign income to meet the financial requirements for sponsorship.

Discretionary approval of financial requirements is not possible.

HarryKhuttan

Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
I am not able to open the chceklist pdf file, can someone please let me know what are the mandatory documents to submit?
I got invitation yesterday.
It seems like you’re opening the forms in the browser which i did initially. You should right click on the pdf form link and save it on the desktop. Then go to desktop and open the form via latest adobe reader.

Reactions: abhi2884

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
There will be more than 50% of ineligible picks, i bet.
Maybe not. The inclusion of the LICO requirements on the interest to sponsor form was supposed to reduce the number of ineligible entries. But as we can see people still ticked yes.

But I do think the inclusion will reduce the number of ineligible entries. The question is perhaps whether ineligible people still apply. I am guessing that if they don't apply then CIC knows how many "unfilled" spots there are. But if they apply, they will take up a spot in the system.

We shall see. It's a fair system anyway with the lottery. So we have to stick with it. Many people like it.

Leo_1983

Mar 21, 2018
For income to qualify for LICO it must have been earned while you were residing inside Canada. Income earned while living in the US will not count. So you don't qualify at this time to sponsor your parents.

See here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf
5.30. Financial requirements
Financial resources must originate from Canadian sources for the following reasons:
• employment income abroad is not a reliable indicator of future or stable employment in Canada.
• CPC staff cannot easily verify if foreign income can be transferred to Canada.
• converting foreign income into Canadian dollars is resource-intensive.
• in cases of default, collection and litigation, it is easier to recover income from Canadian sources

5.31. Exceptions to Canadian income rule
The exceptions to the Canadian income rule are as follows:
• sponsors who commute from Canada to work in the U.S.A. can use their U.S. employment income provided it is declared as income on their Canadian income tax return;
• sponsors living in Canada who declare income from foreign sources on their Canadian tax returns, can use this foreign income to meet the financial requirements for sponsorship.

Discretionary approval of financial requirements is not possible.
@Rob_TO It seems I may qualify as per the exception since it was a company transfer and as long and I can mention that income on the Canadian Tax Returns. Thank you for pointing this out.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
@Rob_TO It seems I may qualify as per the exception since it was a company transfer and as long and I can mention that income on the Canadian Tax Returns. Thank you for pointing this out.
Although it is an internal company transfer, you did not live in Canada for that duration.

As per the exceptions, the key is living in Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
No the exemption is if you were physically living in Canada, so crossing the border every day to work in the US then coming back home to Canada each night.

If you were living and working in the US, the income would not count despite claiming on CAnadain tax.

ALthough I don't know how strictly IRCC enforces this rule if Canadian tax returns are also done. They will see your employment during this time was from a foreign source, so would have grounds to reject the app if they want to.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
No the exemption is if you were physically living in Canada, so crossing the border every day to work in the US then coming back home to Canada each night.

If you were living and working in the US, the income would not count despite claiming on CAnadain tax.

ALthough I don't know how strictly IRCC enforces this rule if Canadian tax returns are also done. They will see your employment during this time was from a foreign source, so would have grounds to reject the app if they want to.
well said. commuting does not mean transfer.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Fellows
quick question. I just started filling the forms for my Parent in laws. I am co-signer for my wife. Currently we both (me and my wife) are on PR by the time 26th May we will be Citizen. (We are waiting for oath date expected some where in May) if we sent application by mid April and by time they will start processing our status might get chance. I think all that matter what was out status in Canada on date of signing but do we need to update them later if we got citizenship ?

Thanks in advance
S.B

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Guys, quick question here. For the forms that says " all dependant children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for permanent residence must complete their OWN COPY OF THIS FORM"

What does it mean? Specifically referring to imm5669 (schedule A) and imm5406 (additional family information). Does the person being sponsored need to fill the form or his spouse and children over 18 needs to fill the forms individually as well?

Btw do we have a whatsapp group?