Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
If anyone from IRCC reads this forum (which I doubt) here are the enhancements that I think it could help: Ask the person who submit the form permission to check his/her CRA income as per required. If his/her income does not meet, immediately remove his/her submission from the pool. After this, ban this person from submitting the form the next year.
There is no way for IRCC to do this since 2017 taxes have not even been started yet. Not to mention the resources required to do this for every single lottery entry makes it impossible. Actual checks/verification can only be done during the application processing.

The solution is simple. Just charge a nominal fee to enter the lottery and this will cause everyone to ensure they meet requirements before entering.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
If anyone from IRCC reads this forum (which I doubt) here are the enhancements that I think it could help: Ask the person who submit the form permission to check his/her CRA income as per required. If his/her income does not meet, immediately remove his/her submission from the pool. After this, ban this person from submitting the form the next year.
Why treat the parents sponsorship differently than other stream? IMHO, if a person didn't meet the requirements and filed for the lottery, that person needs to be charged with misrepresentation, and should be banned to sponsor his/her parent(s) for 5 years.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
There is no way for IRCC to do this since 2017 taxes have not even been started yet. Not to mention the resources required to do this for every single lottery entry makes it impossible. Actual checks/verification can only be done during the application processing.

The solution is simple. Just charge a nominal fee to enter the lottery and this will cause everyone to ensure they meet requirements before entering.
Right, charge a nonimal fee sounds feasible however, people still overlook if the fee is not significant enough though...

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Why treat the parents sponsorship differently than other stream? IMHO, if a person didn't meet the requirements and filed for the lottery, that person needs to be charged with misrepresentation, and should be banned to sponsor his/her parent(s) for 5 years.
Right, could not agree with you more.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
That is not how any of the other streams work. If you submit an app for any immigration stream and are not qualified, your app is simply rejected. Nothing more.

Not meeting income requirements and submitting and app doesn't come close to misrepresentation.

Lying or falsely declaring a higher income, would be misrepresentation.

Reactions: kcward7

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Right, charge a nonimal fee sounds feasible however, people still overlook if the fee is not significant enough though...
I mentioned this a while back, but I think the most fool proof way is for IRCC to request credit card information in the lottery form. Whoever gets selected in the lottery, their credit card is charged right-away, maybe half or even the full fee amount that they would need to sponsor their parents. If the applicant fails to meet the requirements then their fee or part of it is forfeited.

Non-refundable fee has to be significant enough to prevent morons from entering the lottery and ruining it for everyone else who are eligible and waiting for years.

Last edited:

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
That is not how any of the other streams work. If you submit an app for any immigration stream and are not qualified, your app is simply rejected. Nothing more.

Not meeting income requirements and submitting and app doesn't come close to misrepresentation.

Lying or falsely declaring a higher income, would be misrepresentation.
I think I could have my argument here: Knowing the perquisite (and required) Income (being it clearly displayed, being asked again twice throughout the form submission) but still deliberately submit while knowing his/her own income did not meet, does that sound far from misrepresentation or better yet, closer to falsify the information then? And that is not to mention due to this negligence act, ones cost other potential qualified applicant an [potential] opportunity to sponsor for his/her parents?
And I could go on and on about this such as for the IRCC: IRCC could technically just announce this xxx year, it aims to welcome 100,000 application but in the end, there is not even 3,000 qualified applications so the 100k number make them look really good and the reality (no one would ever know) does not even come close to anything as expected, how does that sound?

In the end, I still think there should be a pro-active controlling method in place to keep the fairness in check

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I think I could have my argument here: Knowing the perquisite (and required) Income (being it clearly displayed, being asked again twice throughout the form submission) but still deliberately submit while knowing his/her own income did not meet, does that sound far from misrepresentation or better yet, closer to falsify the information then? And that is not to mention due to this negligence act, ones cost other potential qualified applicant an [potential] opportunity to sponsor for his/her parents?
And I could go on and on about this such as for the IRCC: IRCC could technically just announce this xxx year, it aims to welcome 100,000 application but in the end, there is not even 3,000 qualified applications so the 100k number make them look really good and the reality (no one would ever know) does not even come close to anything as expected, how does that sound?

In the end, I still think there should be a pro-active controlling method in place to keep the fairness in check
No, this is not even close to lying or misrepresentation. Not even a little bit.

Again there is nothing wrong from IRCC point of view in submitting an app to any immigration stream, no matter if you qualify or not. As long as you are honest and don't lie on the application itself, the app is simply rejected and nothing more.

In fact, one could submit a parents app without meeting LICO yet request a H&C exemption to the income requirement. Of course it will most likely be rejected, but there is no rules against trying.

There is absolutely nothing IRCC can do to stop people that don't qualify from submitting non-qualifying apps. They can simply try to minimize this by charging fees or something to submit the app in the first place, but even that won't prevent all cases since some people simply don't understand how to interpret the rules when applying and that will never change.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck_in_uk

s_pisces

Dec 30, 2009
Hey guys!
I would like to sponsor my parents. I am eligible for sponsoring. My brother also lives here and is eligible.

We are considering filling out interest form for each parent. So my brother fills out the interest form for one parent and I do for the other parent. We are just thinking to increase our chances. Our other option is for one of us to sponsor both parents.

I just a few questions to help make that decision:
1. Can both of us fill out interest forms for both parents or is that considered duplicate entry?
2. If we were to fill out separate interest forms for each parent and if they both get picked for application...is that okay legally?
3. If my brother was to sponsor one and i sponsor the other parent.. how does the application work since both parents are each other's dependents? Do we list both on the interest form or just one? I do understand that we still have to meet income requirements to include both parents regardless of whether we sponsor one or both
4. In your opinion which is the better option here? One of us apply for both parents or we both apply for one parent each.
5. Can someone please explain the accompanying vs non accompanying dependent and how that affects the application

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hey guys!
I would like to sponsor my parents. I am eligible for sponsoring. My brother also lives here and is eligible.

We are considering filling out interest form for each parent. So my brother fills out the interest form for one parent and I do for the other parent. We are just thinking to increase our chances. Our other option is for one of us to sponsor both parents.

1. Can both of us fill out interest forms for both parents or is that considered duplicate entry?
2. If we were to fill out separate interest forms for each parent and if they both get picked for application...is that okay legally?
3. If my brother was to sponsor one and i sponsor the other parent.. how does the application work since both parents are each other's dependents? Do we list both on the interest form or just one? I do understand that we still have to meet income requirements to include both parents regardless of whether we sponsor one or both
4. In your opinion which is the better option here? One of us apply for both parents or we both apply for one parent each.
5. Can someone please explain the accompanying vs non accompanying dependent and how that affects the application

You need to list both your parents on the lottery intent form.
If both you and your brother qualify with your own incomes, then each of you can submit a lottery form and each of you should put both your parents info.

Whichever one of you is selected, would actually sponsor them. If both are selected, you would just choose 1 of you to sponsor. It makes no sense at all to submit 2 applications if both are selected.

Accompanying or non-accompanying makes no difference to the application. Everyone (parents and their dependent children) must be counted in family size and pass the medical exam, or entire app is refused.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Hey guys!

For Answer to your first question,
Its not clear how the IRCC will identify duplicate applications.
- Since your first name and your brother first name are different-
- Since your email and your brother email is also different
- Since your DOB and your brother DOB is different (unless you are not twince)
It will be evident to IRCC that these are two separate applications. and 2 lottery
But all the above I am saying base on my own logics, I dont find any details related to the Duplication identification algorithm online on their website.

s_pisces

Dec 30, 2009
If I only want to spo sponsor one parent should I still like both on the lottery form? Also, is it not considered duplicate entry if 2 people fill the lottery form to sponsor the same people but will ultimately only send one application depending on which sponsor is selected? I just wanna make sure the duplicates don't get thrown out
If both you and your brother qualify with your own incomes, then each of you can submit a lottery form and each of you should put both your parents info.

Whichever one of you is selected, would actually sponsor them. If both are selected, you would just choose 1 of you to sponsor. It makes no sense at all to submit 2 applications if both are selected.

Accompanying or non-accompanying makes no difference to the application. Everyone (parents and their dependent children) must be counted in family size and pass the medical exam, or entire app is refused.

s_pisces

Dec 30, 2009
Hey Rob,

In the application package there is a section where they ask to list an

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
If I only want to spo sponsor one parent should I still like both on the lottery form? Also, is it not considered duplicate entry if 2 people fill the lottery form to sponsor the same people but will ultimately only send one application depending on which sponsor is selected? I just wanna make sure the duplicates don't get thrown out
You must sponsor both parents, even if just 1 will be accompanying. So put both in the lottery form. As mentioned, both parents must still pass medical exam and all other applicant checks, for the app to be approved.

Since you and your brother's sponsor info will be different, it should not count as duplicate entry.

Even if both of you are selected to sponsor, you will just pick 1 of you who will be the sponsor and submit 1 app. In no case does it make sense for both of you to submit an app.

s_pisces

Dec 30, 2009
I am assuming we will be filling out separate applications for both parents?
You must sponsor both parents, even if just 1 will be accompanying. So put both in the lottery form. As mentioned, both parents must still pass medical exam and all other applicant checks, for the app to be approved.

Since you and your brother's sponsor info will be different, it should not count as duplicate entry.

Even if both of you are selected to sponsor, you will just pick 1 of you who will be the sponsor and submit 1 app. In no case does it make sense for both of you to submit an app.