+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
no, apply with co-signer
But she was sponsered by me and now she helps me to sponsor my parents to meet income, as i think 5 yrs you can't sponsor if you sponsored as spouse .. IMM1344e unless it is only for main sponsor not for co signer... is i am reading correct?

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

I'm still waiting for the sponsorship approval, but in the meantime I would like to prepare for the next steps.

1. Determination of LVO
What's the process of determining LVO? Is it based on the current residing country? or nationality of the principal applicant?
Or is it pretty much random? I'm sponsoring my mom, and she is currently living in Canada with her SuperVisa that I sponsored.
My mom's nationality is South Korea, and mine is Canada. In this situation, will it be most likely that her LVO will be Ottawa? or Manila?

2. Resume, and Travel History
I see that a lot of people asking about the resume, and travel history after they got approved for the sponsor eligibility.
Is it mandatory for all applicants? Is it the resume of the sponsor? or the applicant? Should I prepare the travel history for both? or just the applicant? As living in Canada, we have quite a few entry histories for cross border to USA, and just wondering if I should count all day-trip to the states or not.. Is it pretty much the same rule like I was applying for Canadian Citizenship?

Also, for resume, what type of resume do they ask? Is it pretty much full resume explaining my duties and everything? or just the employment history (which I believe that we already provided in the application form)?

Thanks for your help in advance!

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hello,
Need some help.
I just filled out the generic application form (IM0008) for my parents.
Father is the principle applicant, mother is dependent. No other dependents.
Father and mother are mentioned in the generic application form.

Do I need to Additional Dependent form (IMM0008 DEP)?
Thanks in advance.

HarryKhuttan

Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
My dad’s chest exray showed a scar. My dad never had TB or other chest problems. The doctor said that they have to do another test which gotta go to Mumbai India and will get the reports back after 65-75 days. Then they will tell if my father needs to take meds based on thhe report. Medical was done in Ludhiana India. Anyone facing or has faced same issue can share the thoughts or share your experience. It will help me alot at this point.
Thanks

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
My dad’s chest exray showed a scar. My dad never had TB or other chest problems. The doctor said that they have to do another test which gotta go to Mumbai India and will get the reports back after 65-75 days. Then they will tell if my father needs to take meds based on thhe report. Medical was done in Ludhiana India. Anyone facing or has faced same issue can share the thoughts or share your experience. It will help me alot at this point.
Thanks
I have heard some terrible things about the doctors in Ludhiana, India. I will recommend you to call CIC and explain them the whole scenario and ask them if you can change your doctor. One of my friends had the same situation, some extra tests were done on him to confirm that the scar was not related to TB, but I don't think it took 65-75 days for the results. Also, if your Dad has any other medical reports which show that the scar is not TB related, then you should take it with you to doctor. A minor scar in chest x-ray is a common thing and Doctor should not make a huge fuss about it, infact the tests could be done in Ludhiana itself, sending the x-ray reports thousands miles away to Mumbai sounds like a money grab. I hope you get a solution to this problem! Good Luck.

Zayana

Jan 19, 2017
Hey guys.
Question can my husband be my cosigner to sponsor my Mom. My husband sponsored me on spousal program. Do you think it might effect him to be my cosigner .
Thank you in avdnace .

Zayana

Jan 19, 2017
Hey guys.
Question can my husband be my cosigner to sponsor my Mom. My husband sponsored me on spousal program. Do you think it might effect him to be my cosigner .
Thank you in avdnace .

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hey guys.
Thank you in avdnace .
If you have been sponsored in the last five years by your husband, you are not elligible to be sponsor for anyone else!

Last edited:

myza

Apr 19, 2013
Hi,

I am just new to this forum. I would like to ask how to get a police certificate in Canada while the parent I am sponsoring is in my home country. My mom was in Canada for 4 straight years (thru super visa) from September 2013 - November 2017. My mom just received an email today from CIC requesting her medical exam and to submit police certificate from all countries she had stayed for more than 6 months. Does anyone in these forum did this process recently? How was it done. Can i get that police certificate here in canada for her? any advise is much appreciated. Thank you