+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hello everyone.
Just one question. Though I still have 2 more years to wait to apply for parents sponsorship. But need to know.
Once I file the parents sponsorship,it does take time. Do i still need to be qualified under the income requirement.? Or just for those 3 years which I have to show to the government ?

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hello everyone.
Just one question. Though I still have 2 more years to wait to apply for parents sponsorship. But need to know.
Once I file the parents sponsorship,it does take time. Do i still need to be qualified under the income requirement.? Or just for those 3 years which I have to show to the government ?
The previous 3 years from the year you apply. So if you're planning to apply in 2019, you need to meet the minimum income requirements for 2016, 17 and 18.

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
So, I got an email on the first round that I didn't get invited. Now that they opened the second round, do I need to fill in any other online application? Or they will choose randomly among those registered in Jan 2017?

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
For some reason I am not able to link my paper application online. I have sent application on 26th of July. They have received but I think I am doing something wrong when trying to link application in ecas.can somebody give me step by step direction regarding how to link application.tia

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
So, I got an email on the first round that I didn't get invited. Now that they opened the second round, do I need to fill in any other online application? Or they will choose randomly among those registered in Jan 2017?
Seems they're selecting from the previous entries excluding those who were already invited.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
For some reason I am not able to link my paper application online. I have sent application on 26th of July. They have received but I think I am doing something wrong when trying to link application in ecas.can somebody give me step by step direction regarding how to link application.tia
You can only link an application to your CIC profile. ECAS is only to check status. The last I heard they're working on the applications from 7/21 so yours must be coming up in a few days.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
The previous 3 years from the year you apply. So if you're planning to apply in 2019, you need to meet the minimum income requirements for 2016, 17 and 18.

Thank you for the reply.
What if my income gets less than the required income in 2020. But i have already applied in 2019.
So that doesnt matter.?

I mean these days its hard to say your job is secured and here we are talking about after few years .. I hope you are getting my point

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the reply.
What if my income gets less than the required income in 2020. But i have already applied in 2019.
So that doesnt matter.?

I mean these days its hard to say your job is secured and here we are talking about after few years .. I hope you are getting my point
Clearly answered right in the guide:

Do I have to maintain a minimum income during the processing of the application?

Your Minimum Necessary Income must meet or exceed the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship above on the date on which the sponsorship application is signed until the day your family members are permanent residents.

Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information indicates that you may no longer meet the minimum income requirements or if more than 12 months have passed between the dates on which we receive your application and when processing of the application begins.

Atefeh_83

Jul 16, 2017
Clearly answered right in the guide:

Do I have to maintain a minimum income during the processing of the application?

Your Minimum Necessary Income must meet or exceed the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship above on the date on which the sponsorship application is signed until the day your family members are permanent residents.

Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information indicates that you may no longer meet the minimum income requirements or if more than 12 months have passed between the dates on which we receive your application and when processing of the application begins.
Does anybody have any idea how long the process may take after transferring the application to the visa office? is it supposed to be faster comparing to previous years?

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Does anybody have any idea how long the process may take after transferring the application to the visa office? is it supposed to be faster comparing to previous years?
I don't think anyone could answer this. The guess is for the entire process to take around a year to a year and a half if there're no delays due to missing documents etc.