+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
soonihope said:
This year's PGP program is so flawed it is almost shocking to think that no one had figured that it was prudent to ensure all names being placed into the lottery were those who actually met the requirements to sponsor.

It's fine saying there will be another lottery draw if people aren't legible out of those selected. What a waste of resources and time to not plan for this situation in advance.

If this system is not overhauled for next year then it would be unacceptable.
Even my 11 years old know it is a stupid systems, he even ask if he can write down his name to add chance for grandpa and grandma to be with him. The government has shown extreme ignorance and just treat this year applicants like guinee pigs

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Did you guys note that they did not put anything about PGP lottery results on IRCC facebook?!?? They annouce every small things on their but leave out PGP completely!!! What a joker, I think they purposely make the lottery systems this way so more quota can be channeled to Somali refugees from USA crossing the border illegally, what do you think?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
neeti2090 said:
So what's the latest news? Are they going to do another draw after 90 days?
There is not a "draw" again, they already have the ranking of people in the list and they will select the next ones till it is finished. If you received the rejection email on the same day as those received the approval email, chance are you are higher in the rank and may get selected. Those on the 2nd day is unlikely to be selected this year

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
There is not a "draw" again, they already have the ranking of people in the list and they will select the next ones till it is finished. If you received the rejection email on the same day as those received the approval email, chance are you are higher in the rank and may get selected. Those on the 2nd day is unlikely to be selected this year
Where did you hear about this?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Oh .. is that confirmed news? Thanks anyway.
I am keeping hopes for next year. But again there will so many new people applying next year so then chances will less again ?

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
deerestlovelybear said:
who confirmed that ? what is the source of this information ?

vvvv

May 1, 2017
Khoja said:
Are there people still waiting to receive an email?
I have not received any email yet
Me too have not received email ??? I am in Quebec where are you from ?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
There is not going to be a "draw" again until next year. In the meantime, spots that are not applied for will go into the draw next year.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
nayr69sg said:
There is not going to be a "draw" again until next year. In the meantime, spots that are not applied for will go into the draw next year.
now, what is the source of this information ? who confirmed that ?

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
AJ25 said:
Is anyone aware of the confirmation# requested, i dont have one
You can still apply if you dont know the conformation number. Just add a note in front of it.

For more details check my posts.