+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Guys Need help regarding police certificate.

I just received police certificate from UK for my mother. I have noticed the certificate does not mention the addresses and dates (to-from). Is that a standard format of police certificate from UK? As far as I know addresses and duration is always required for police certificates.

Any one who also applied for UK police certificate please guide. Thank you

mch

Jan 20, 2015
Same here, the processing centre received my application on 27th of july and i am still unable to access the status via ecas. You need to use the principle applicant's name and Receipt number as identification type.
Thanks! To keep waiting I guess :/
Aside from being able to check ECAs, we should be getting a confirmation email, correct?

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Heelo guys..Im glad that you are considered to sponsor parents...
Can someone please help with the below question:

If I work in the US what should I present as proof of LICO? Will they convert US to CAD currency to calculate

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi there, my application got to the processing centre on July 28th, as of today, I have not received any emails and I can't access ECAs (or perhaps im not using the right information?) What identification type did you use, and did you use the sponsor's name?
Hi,

My application received July 28 as well and no updates, nothing

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Heelo guys..Im glad that you are considered to sponsor parents...
Can someone please help with the below question:

If I work in the US what should I present as proof of LICO? Will they convert US to CAD currency to calculate
Income earned while living in the US does not count. All income must be only from Canadian sources, or earned while living in Canada.

And the only acceptable proof of income is CRA tax return which already has everything converted to CAD.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I sent this form with the application. What do you mean by LVO?
in this case just ignore it..
LVO - local visa office where you case was sent, for example my LVO is warsaw :)

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
I wasn't able to yet.
Tried different combinations, wasn't successful. Got locked out for 24 hours !
Give it some time, could take a couple days. Once ready, try this:

use file# and last name
skip passport info
fill out all other mandatory fields
follow upper or lower case letters to match your application
for family size, count only adults who're including in the application (everyone being sponsored as well as the sponsoring side)

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hello guys. I am in a dillema here. I may be able to sponsor my brother along with my parents but my income for year 2014 is below the required mark or 5 persons. (me, my wife, my parents (2) and my brother). I wasnt married back in 2014. but now i am.

Can someone give me an idea how to deal with it ? is there a way around it so that i can also sponsor my brother along with my parents. my brother is 20 years old. and is on a student visa here at york university.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello guys. I am in a dillema here. I may be able to sponsor my brother along with my parents but my income for year 2014 is below the required mark or 5 persons. (me, my wife, my parents (2) and my brother). I wasnt married back in 2014. but now i am.

Can someone give me an idea how to deal with it ? is there a way around it so that i can also sponsor my brother along with my parents. my brother is 20 years old. and is on a student visa here at york university.
Do you mean that you already submitted a parents app before the rules for dependent age changed, so your brother at the time was not included as dependent or in your family size?

If this is the case, then you would be taking a huge risk by adding him now since if your income doesn't qualify under the new +1 family size they may then simply reject the whole app.

Note that you wouldn't have qualified to submit any parents app if at the time the dependent age was lower and your brother was forced into your family size from the start.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Do you mean that you already submitted a parents app before the rules for dependent age changed, so your brother at the time was not included as dependent or in your family size?

If this is the case, then you would be taking a huge risk by adding him now since if your income doesn't qualify under the new +1 family size they may then simply reject the whole app.

Note that you wouldn't have qualified to submit any parents app if at the time the dependent age was lower and your brother was forced into your family size from the start.
I have not submitted the application yet. I will be sending the completed application next week. I am only lacking in income requirement of about 1800$ for the year 2014.

I there a chance if i can add my brother later on next year in 2018 and showing that i meet the last 3 year (i.e. 2015, 2016, and 2017 income) requirement

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Give it some time, could take a couple days. Once ready, try this:

use file# and last name
skip passport info
fill out all other mandatory fields
follow upper or lower case letters to match your application
for family size, count only adults who're including in the application (everyone being sponsored as well as the sponsoring side)
can you give me the link please. Also where can i find the application number?