+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
deerestlovelybear said:
Guys, some MPs said they will do another draw, but if they do not fix the systems then another draw will also results in the same disappointment. They have 90 days from now to do another systems that at least must include income for 3 years for sponsor and cosponsor and SIN of sponsor and with warning that duplicate entries will results in complete bar from next year lottery. Only so then the next draw will be fair. I suspect the number of people meeting income requirements is only about 25-30K, so if they have done it right from the beginning, the chance of being selected is 1/3 instead of 1/10 like they did
How many MPs said that, there should be official confirmation by CIC, word of mouth to individual doesn't work & can't be relied ... you are right if last year only 14k applications were submitted then this year eligible entries will not be more than 20-25k.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
deerestlovelybear said:
Guys, some MPs said they will do another draw, but if they do not fix the systems then another draw will also results in the same disappointment. They have 90 days from now to do another systems that at least must include income for 3 years for sponsor and cosponsor and SIN of sponsor and with warning that duplicate entries will results in complete bar from next year lottery. Only so then the next draw will be fair. I suspect the number of people meeting income requirements is only about 25-30K, so if they have done it right from the beginning, the chance of being selected is 1/3 instead of 1/10 like they did
If they do another draw it will be from the existing bunch of entries that contain tons of ineligible people. They won't hold a brand new lottery. And by "ineligible" they would just mean people that didn't submit an app, or perhaps those that forgot signatures or forms. They won't be able to check income eligibility until several years later.

This is even if they do hold another draw. Despite what any MPs say, IRCCs official position on this as of today is "wait until 2018".

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Rob_TO said:
If they do another draw it will be from the existing bunch of entries that contain tons of ineligible people. They won't hold a brand new lottery. And by "ineligible" they would just mean people that didn't submit an app, or perhaps those that forgot signatures or forms. They won't be able to check income eligibility until several years later.

This is even if they do hold another draw. Despite what any MPs say, IRCCs official position on this as of today is "wait until 2018".
It is not true! My MP said that he will propose implementing a new systems in 90 days to address the issues. They will count the number of applicants submitted, those do not meet income requirements are unlikely to submit the forms and fees and their chance is zero. So after 90 days they will know the number of people submitted, then a new systems will help it more fair.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
My MP said that he will propose implementing a new systems in 90 days to address the issues.
So, your MP is going to propose changes? So it's not definite and it would need to pass, and isn't definite. I wouldn't be holding my breath too long waiting for that to happen.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Buletruck said:
So, your MP is going to propose changes? So it's not definite and it would need to pass, and isn't definite. I wouldn't be holding my breath too long waiting for that to happen.
Yep just what I was going to respond.

Politicians say a lot of things. It may happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think rather than another draw this year we should insist on getting the system back to normal. So by December we can send our applications first come, first served.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
zarahsak said:
I think rather than another draw this year we should insist on getting the system back to normal. So by December we can send our applications first come, first served.
That will never happen since IRCC doesn't want anything to do with private couriers.

It will be a lottery again next year, which is the fairest way as long as it's run correctly.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
zarahsak said:
It will never happen! But actually I do believe the number of eligible applicants is not that high, maybe 25K only, if they implement a point based systems then it is even better

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
EEapplicant said:
You should have done this evaluation before applying :)

Now having said that, according to the requirement you must have had 56K+ in 2014 so answer to your question is no, you are not eligible.

However, if you are married or have common-law-partner then you may be eligible as per guideline below:

Your spouse or common-law partner may help you meet the income requirement by co-signing the sponsorship application. A common-law partner is a person who is living with you in a conjugal relationship and has done so for at least one year prior to the signing of the undertaking.

The co-signer must:

meet the same eligibility requirements as the sponsor;
agree to co-sign the undertaking;
agree to be responsible for the basic requirements of the person you want to sponsor and his or her family members for the validity period of the undertaking.
The co-signer will be equally liable if obligations are not performed.

If your co-signer is a common-law partner, you must submit the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409).
Hi EEapplicant, Does this 3 year constraint apply to Quebec residents as well? The Low income cutoff table in CIC website says (only for non-Quebec residents) and also in the checklist , it is mentioned that Quebec residents do not need to fill out the following form (Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]). This is the form which asks for the SIN number and last 3 year Income requirement.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
subtain said:
Hi EEapplicant, Does this 3 year constraint apply to Quebec residents as well? The Low income cutoff table in CIC website says (only for non-Quebec residents) and also in the checklist , it is mentioned that Quebec residents do not need to fill out the following form (Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]). This is the form which asks for the SIN number and last 3 year Income requirement.
3 years income requirement is so far only for rest of Canada, while Quebec residents only require 1 year of income. So most likely that means only 2016 income meeting Quebec's LICO for parents would be sufficient.

Quebec may change rules to match the Federal 3-years income requirement, but no indication they will do so. If rule ever changes it would only apply to apps submitted after that point.

If applying for PGP as Quebec resident, one should make sure they are officially residing in Quebec at time of application and until their parents actually land as PRs.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Rob_TO said:
3 years income requirement is so far only for rest of Canada, while Quebec residents only require 1 year of income. So most likely that means only 2016 income meeting Quebec's LICO for parents would be sufficient.

Quebec may change rules to match the Federal 3-years income requirement, but no indication they will do so. If rule ever changes it would only apply to apps submitted after that point.

If applying for PGP as Quebec resident, one should make sure they are officially residing in Quebec at time of application and until their parents actually land as PRs.
Not only that, they must show income tax return showing Quebec residence and tax from last year. One cannot simply move to Quebec and be able to circumvent the income requirements and Quebec will verify their residency from last year documentations not this year

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i talked to my area's MP office, and she said she has sent a question to the ministry as well if they gonna do another draw. I told her my brother's turning 18 this year and this is the last chance i had. she said she'll get back to me today with the answer if they doing another draw.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
zarahsak said:
Guys i talked to my area's MP office, and she said she has sent a question to the ministry as well if they gonna do another draw. I told her my brother's turning 18 this year and this is the last chance i had. she said she'll get back to me today with the answer if they doing another draw.
Note the Liberals promised to raise the age of dependent up to age 21 and under. Just not sure when exactly this change will be implemented. But at least you may have a few more years to get a PGP app in with brother as dependent.