+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parent sponsorship

sponsormom

Mar 1, 2010
Hi,

I'm new to this forum... has there been any news regarding those that applied under the priority processing measures for Ondoy victims? My mom was a victim and have been contacted by the Manila immigration office but has not heard anything since then. Does anyone have a similar situation?
Here's our timeline:

October 2008 - Applied for sponsorship in Mississauga
November 2008 - AOR received
November 2009 - Sponsorship approved, Received PR application kit
November 2009 - Forwarded application kit to mother in Manila
December 2009 - PR application + other documents sent to CIC Manila
January 4, 2010 - CIC Manila called my mom to ask for details regarding the flood etc..
January 2010 - ECAS status changed to In-Process

jayti

Jan 19, 2010
Good Morning everyone.

Finally My Parent received the passports with visa from new delhi today. It was long and frustrating wait for almost 4 years but finally it's over.

Thanks everyone

Here is Timeline.

My parent sponcering application submit April-2006
received Approval letter from cpc miss March-2008
file process start at delhi May-2008
recd medical in Oct-2009
medical done in Oct-2009
Sand passport and PCC in Nov-2009
in medical request They also request to sand passport and pcc.
Still waiting for ppr.
*** received the passports with visa from new delhi on May-03-2010***

kelseyA

Aug 21, 2009
To all those sponsoring their parents. After submission of the option C print out and letter of employment during initial filing to sponsor parents, before approval of your parents sponsorship application, do the cic ask again for another recent option c printout and letter of employment or not?

jomjom

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2009
AOR Received.
13-12-2009
File Transfer...
08-10-2009
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
1-21-2012
Passport Req..
23-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 29, 2012 but Received via DHL June 1, 2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully end of June 2012
Hi Sponsormom,

My Mom got a call to from CIC Manila last May 2, 2010 and since then we haven't heard anything back from CIC. I saw your posting that your got a call from CIC last Jan. 4, 2010. Any updates after that call from CIC? Please gives us any updates or just a heads up what happen next.

Thank you I think we are following the same forum on trackitt.com too.

Cheers,
Jomjom

sponsormom said:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum... has there been any news regarding those that applied under the priority processing measures for Ondoy victims? My mom was a victim and have been contacted by the Manila immigration office but has not heard anything since then. Does anyone have a similar situation?
Here's our timeline:

October 2008 - Applied for sponsorship in Mississauga
November 2008 - AOR received
November 2009 - Sponsorship approved, Received PR application kit
November 2009 - Forwarded application kit to mother in Manila
December 2009 - PR application + other documents sent to CIC Manila
January 4, 2010 - CIC Manila called my mom to ask for details regarding the flood etc..
January 2010 - ECAS status changed to In-Process

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
kelseyA said:
To all those sponsoring their parents. After submission of the option C print out and letter of employment during initial filing to sponsor parents, before approval of your parents sponsorship application, do the cic ask again for another recent option c printout and letter of employment or not?
You have to submit your option C Printout when doing the sponsorship application (Step 1), then you HAVE TO SUBMIT an updated, last 2 years of Option C Printout to Your visa office once your sponsorship is approved.
For my application, they DID NOT ask for updated Option C Printout before approving my sponsorship, regardless, I have to send my last 2 years of CRA Assessment with my father's PR application to Singapore Visa OFfice.
Everyone's case is different, they may ask you for updated Option C before approving your sponsorship.

You should look into all your threads, I've answered this questions 4 times now.

kelseyA

Aug 21, 2009
I just sent my application to sponsor my parents and two step brothers. Regarding proof of relations to canada. Do i the sponsor have to submit all these documents.
as proof of relation. for example do i have to submit these for my two step brothers? as proof of relation. I am sponsoring my dad and his dependents . Are all these documents required.or just some?

-Photocopy of the Primary school Register of Admission showing the name of the pupil and parents, the name and location of the school, and the year of attendance. (We will not accept Attendance Registers and letters from the school.) This document must bear the original school seal and headmaster's signature.

-This document is required for each accompanying child.•All school certificates, diplomas and degrees, including apprenticeship or trade papers, for each person aged 19 years old and older.

•Original baptismal certificate (if available – newly issued ones are not acceptable) for each accompanying child plus one photocopy of each

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP IN CANADA
You must prove your relationship to your sponsor in Canada. The following documents are necessary to establish this link. To be considered, the documents submitted must be historical and must pre-date the sponsorship.
•A copy of your sponsor's original Record of Landing (IMM 1000).
•Proof that your sponsor has either declared you as a dependent on a Canadian personal income tax declaration (i.e., a certified copy from income tax return – from 1989 to 1992 – listing dependents and amounts received with copy of Annex 6), or as a beneficiary on official documents (the date you were designated should be mentioned on the document). Residents of Quebec can provide us with a certified copy of their Quebec income tax along with Annex A.
•All school certificates, diplomas and degrees, including apprenticeship or trade papers, for each person aged 19 years old and older.
•Photocopy of the Primary school Register of Admission showing the name of the pupil and parents, the name and location of the school, and the year of attendance. (We will not accept Attendance Registers and letters from the school.) This document must bear the original school seal and headmaster's signature. This document is required for each accompanying child.
•Original health card (newly issued ones are not acceptable) that was issued shortly after birth for each accompanying child plus one photocopy of each.
•Original baptismal certificate (if available – newly issued ones are not acceptable) for each accompanying child plus one photocopy of each.
•If your sponsor in Canada is your child or sibling, provide their short form birth certificate (document issued immediately after birth).
•If your sponsor in Canada is your grandchild, provide their birth certificate and their parents' birth certificates.
•If you have been adopted, provide evidence that you have been placed with a Child Welfare Authority and that your sponsor has the authority to take you to Canada, in the form of a letter of “No Objection” from provincial authorities.
•If you have been adopted and one or both of your parents are deceased, provide the “Official Certificate of Death” as issued by the Registrar's Office (as applicable) plus one photocopy. We will not accept a “Statutory Declaration” alone.
We will not accept as proof of relation:
•Newly issued documents, except for very young children.
•Health cards as proof of relationship between a child and a father.
•Photocopies of documents or amended documents. Only genuine originals are accepted.
The speed with which we can decide whether an interview is required in your case depends on the availability of original documentation to prove your claim – do not renew or amend documents, as these will be rejected.
The documents provided are verified to confirm their authenticity and this will cause delays in your application. If you wish to speed up your application because you do not have the required documents, you may opt to undergo DNA testing at your own expense. Indicate your willingness to proceed with DNA testing by attaching a letter to your completed application.

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Hi:

I received letter from CIC Singapore requesting for DNA test to prove PARENT-CHILD Relationship. If anyone has undergone the same process or knows someone who had to take the DNA test then please shade some light on this matter. I am worrying about the potential delay this may cause in the processing of the application. My timelines are below:

April 12, 2006 -- Sponsorship Application Received by CPC- Mississauga
March 13, 2008 -- Processing started by CPC-M for Sponsorship
March 13, 2008 -- Decision Made for Sponsorship by CPC -M . Sponsorship Approved on this day.
April 22, 2008 -- Processing for PR started by CIC - Singapore
Dec 6, 2010 -- DNA Test requested Letter Received sent by CIC - Singapore.

FYI: I email CIC-Sigapore couple months back and I was told that 42 months is waiting period to start reviewing the file and seems like they have started my file in 33th month after they received the package.

Any info about the DNA Test and potential delay will be appreciated.

Thanks,

jolly77

Feb 1, 2012
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I read few posts, seems very helpful. I sent my sponsorship application (jointly co-signed with my wife) in November 2009 to sponsor my parents and received letter in December 2009 from CPC Mississauga that “they have received our application but has not heard anything since then.

November 2009 - Sponsorship application sent to CPC Mississauga
December 2009 - Sponsorship Application Received by CPC- Mississauga

While going through few posts I noticed normally Stage 1 was completed in approx 2 years. I am sure when I sent in my stage 1 application waiting time was not 51 months as it says now on CIC website. Can some one please advice, what timelines will be applicable for our application? Is it current one or the one at the time of application received?

Does anyone have a similar situation? I know it’s just a beginning of long wait period.

Thanks in advance.

marvy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Port-of-Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-17-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Well we seem to be on the same time lines since my daughter filed for me October 2009. We received on March 30th 2012 the request for additional information and was asked to pay landing fees. Now I imagine that by this time you may have received the same request for information.
Now can you tell me if you have a dependent on your application. I am asking because somewhere in this forum I read where it appear as if single parent with no dependent have been given some special priority. Now if this is true, I guess this could explain why I got request for the additional information which is to be considered the first stage approval so soon.

june_bug

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
18-05-2012
File Transfer...
24-05-2012
Med's Request
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012 Med's Sent .....: 18-07-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-06-2012 Passport Sent ..: 16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
Same here. I applied for my mom's sponsorship last September 2009. I received a letter from Case Processing-Mississauga on March 30, 2012 stating they are about to process my sponsorship application and needs to provide additional information. Additional information includes Option C Printout (this is the second time), forms and supporting documents for the principal applicant (my mother), right of landing fee, police clearance etc. I'm just wondering if this is Step 2 of the process. The letter also stated that the complete application must be submitted within 90 days of the date of the letter to Case Processing-Mississauga. They noted that you must not complete the Visa Office specific instructions. You must use the attached document checklist. My mom is in the Philippines, so the visa office is in the Philippines. So, I just followed their instructions not to complete the Visa Office instructions and I sent the complete application to CP-Mississauga. My mother is a widow. She's the only one left in the country. My only brother is here in Canada already. Does this mean they are speeding the process a little bit?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
june_bug said:
I'm just wondering if this is Step 2 of the process.
No, this is NOT step 2 of the process. A new process is in place to clear the backlog of applications. CIC-M would do the initial scrutiny and would then make a decision if you are approved as a sponsor. If so, they would transfer your file (your parent's actually) to the local visa office (or Ottawa - where a pilot project is going on). This is the second phase of the process and you would not have to re-submit the documents unless the local visa office asks for some.

june_bug said:
Does this mean they are speeding the process a little bit?
Hopefully, Yes. Though no one has received an actual visa since the new process began, quite a few have been requested to undergo medicals. This appears to be a lot faster than what it was before. Lets hope they also finalize the application and issue visas just as fast.

june_bug

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
18-05-2012
File Transfer...
24-05-2012
Med's Request
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012 Med's Sent .....: 18-07-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-06-2012 Passport Sent ..: 16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
sakamath said:
No, this is NOT step 2 of the process. A new process is in place to clear the backlog of applications. CIC-M would do the initial scrutiny and would then make a decision if you are approved as a sponsor. If so, they would transfer your file (your parent's actually) to the local visa office (or Ottawa - where a pilot project is going on). This is the second phase of the process and you would not have to re-submit the documents unless the local visa office asks for some.
Hopefully, Yes. Though no one has received an actual visa since the new process began, quite a few have been requested to undergo medicals. This appears to be a lot faster than what it was before. Lets hope they also finalize the application and issue visas just as fast.
Thanks Sakamath for the information. I was confused. Now, I understand the process. I hope it would be a lot faster this time.