+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship 2017 Qs about the applications

Apr 27, 2017
So we got lucky and were invited to sponsor my mom. Yesterday we realized that we might not meet the minimum requirements. Our income was lower since I was on a maternity leave. Are they going to refuse us or just ask for some sort of supporting documentation? Because 2013 was a big money year for us.
Also, I am confused about the form IMM5669E, what available income do they mean?
Another question would be who fills out form 5669E - me, y co-signer and mom or just mom since we are sponsoring her?
She hasn't gotten her foreign passport yet so can we just use her national identity document?
Thanks!

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
If you don't meet the income requirements, you will not qualify to sponsor your parents. The application will be rejected. Why would you apply knowing your don't meet the requirements anyway? Just taking up space for someone else who could have qualified.

missingmymom

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
You need to meet the financial requirements for all years or your application to sponsor will be rejected. No exceptions are made, I am proof of this when my income was short $500 for 1 year, met and over-exceeded the following years and I was declined sponsorship approval.

elara98

Apr 27, 2017
I just got selected. But i am not sure the number i wrote down when applying is the confirmation number. Can anyone of you tell me how the confirmation number looks like so i verify mine? I tried the help center phone line but after 1/2 hour waiting they hang up on me. :'(

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
CountryBumpkin said:
So we got lucky and were invited to sponsor my mom. Yesterday we realized that we might not meet the minimum requirements. Our income was lower since I was on a maternity leave. Are they going to refuse us or just ask for some sort of supporting documentation? Because 2013 was a big money year for us.
Also, I am confused about the form IMM5669E, what available income do they mean?
Another question would be who fills out form 5669E - me, y co-signer and mom or just mom since we are sponsoring her?
She hasn't gotten her foreign passport yet so can we just use her national identity document?
Thanks!
You don't need 2013 income... just 2014, 2015 and 2016. These are the only 3 years that matter.

They don't care if you were on maternity leave. If you + your co-signers income combined doesn't meet the minimum by even $1, your app will be rejected. Reasons for not meeting income are irrelevant. You also may not be informed of income not qualifying for several years later, so would miss out on applying in later years while waiting on feedback.

If you don't meet income, you are better off simply not submitting anything this year.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Rob_TO said:
You don't need 2013 income... just 2014, 2015 and 2016. These are the only 3 years that matter.

They don't care if you were on maternity leave. If you + your co-signers income combined doesn't meet the minimum by even $1, your app will be rejected. Reasons for not meeting income are irrelevant. You also may not be informed of income not qualifying for several years later, so would miss out on applying in later years while waiting on feedback.

If you don't meet income, you are better off simply not submitting anything this year.
it almost seems the post was entered to get a rise from people that didn't qualify. If it's a genuine post; make sure you and your cosigner fulfills the incomes required for those years. the new addition(s) to your family; factor in the LICO plus 30 for the year your child was born in.

I wasn't selected and I also had children the last 3 years. I made sure I had extra income while my wife was on mat leave (part-time job, extra consulting etc.) I was so prepared and really sadden by all the ineligibles.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
elara98 said:
I just got selected. But i am not sure the number i wrote down when applying is the confirmation number. Can anyone of you tell me how the confirmation number looks like so i verify mine? I tried the help center phone line but after 1/2 hour waiting they hang up on me. :'(
Me having the same issue lost the confirmation number :(...not sure what to do

elara98

Apr 27, 2017
dukhi said:
Me having the same issue lost the confirmation number :(...not sure what to do
You can check for yourself: I called 1-888-242-2100, went to option "2" "sponsorship" and then followed the instructions until i got to the "speak to an agent" option. They won't take your call; however, I waited for 20 minutes while listening to their automated messages before the call was hung up. One of the messages said: " if you received and email notifying that you have been selected, but do not have a confirmation number, print the email and indicate that you do not have the confirmation number, rest assure that your submission will be matched with the selected sponsor".

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
elara98 said:
You can check for yourself: I called 1-888-242-2100, went to option "2" "sponsorship" and then followed the instructions until i got to the "speak to an agent" option. They won't take your call; however, I waited for 20 minutes while listening to their automated messages before the call was hung up. One of the messages said: " if you received and email notifying that you have been selected, but do not have a confirmation number, print the email and indicate that you do not have the confirmation number, rest assure that your submission will be matched with the selected sponsor".
Thats great news :)