07-07-2012
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello everyone,

My wife got TRV and planning to visit me soon. I am on post graduate work permit and working as full time. Just wondering, when my wife will land in airport she supposed to check out through immigration. But I am kind of confused or not sure what are the necessary documents she supposed bring with her?

Any idea please share your experience..

thanks

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sroy said:
Hello everyone,

My wife got TRV and planning to visit me soon. I am on post graduate work permit and working as full time. Just wondering, when my wife will land in airport she supposed to check out through immigration. But I am kind of confused or not sure what are the necessary documents she supposed bring with her?

Any idea please share your experience..

thanks
Hi sroy,

Of course she will have her passport.
The usual question at the first desk - CBSA will be about the declaration form filled in the airplane. They will ask about what all stuff she carry?. Specially the alcohol and Tobacco.

Then the Boarder Service officer will check her visa and will ask where she is visiting in Canada, with whom she will stay, what is the relation and what address where she will stay, the telephone number etc... Better she keep the address and phone number noted on a sheet of paper and show to him. Perhaps the officer may ask about the return date and ticket too..

Usually, nothing else she need to provide.

sroy

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Nomination.....
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-09-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
Thanks Wilson

That fine. I was wondering about the immigration process. Does she need to go through the immigration process something like the first time student or worker coming to Canada. The CBSA officer usually check all the thing you mention then forward to immigration officer to get the study permit. Does the visitor process is same?

thanks again.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Yes For visitor also process is the same.However mostly her entry will be very smooth.Port of entry officer understands that You(Husband) is in Canada so they don't ask that much questions to your wife.Also they will print on her Visitor visa paper that accompanying spouse who is already in Canada..

Cheers,

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sroy said:
Thanks Wilson

That fine. I was wondering about the immigration process. Does she need to go through the immigration process something like the first time student or worker coming to Canada. The CBSA officer usually check all the thing you mention then forward to immigration officer to get the study permit. Does the visitor process is same?

thanks again.
Yes omshri is correct.
The BSO, while briefly making introductory questions will decide how long she should be permitted to be visitor and will stamp the date of validity of her visitor status in Canada. This can be up to 6 months or less according to him. When myself and my wife visited Canada first time in 2005, the officer gave us only 60 days but we did not bother because we had to go back to work after 45 days.

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012
hello seroy,

Congrats for getting visitor visa...PLZ help me also in my case as my husband also wants
to apply for my visitor visa for 2 months .He is having valid work permit and a permanent job as a programer
analyst in a company also our PR application is in process. .now its more than a year that we are
living apart... so hard for us....What type of documents we should provide to embassy
plz tell me the details of ur case..how we can convince the visa officer.how u have
proved her strong ties to her own country. .....did u show return air tickets .I really need ur help.
Your reply will be highly appreciated....

Regards,

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you will need your passport with visa, return ticket. most of the time this is all you need but it is a very good idea to bring all the documents that you submitted when you applied for your visiting visa incase immigration asks for it. when my wife applied for a visiting visa the visa office returned all the documents she submitted for the application and we just brought all of those documents with us. When we went through immigration in toronto it was very quick and pleasent and we handed her the return tickets and passports right away and we were good to go. On the cic website it states that you should bring all the documents that you submitted for the visa application with you incase immigration asks for them

p.s. they may also ask you for proof of funds