+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper TRV processing time within Canada

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
My TRV application was received on Feb 5th. The current processing time is about 13 days. So far I have not received my passport (It's been more than 13 days). I emailed CIC and they replied today that it is still under processing. Hopefully they stamp and mail it soon! I don't know why would it take longer to process than the reported time online.

Anyone else in the same boat?

TRV2014

Mar 28, 2014
I am in the same boat than you... did you finally received it? How long did it take?

Mine was received on March 11th, processing times posted at 13 days... 17 days and waiting.. I have to fly to a job interview on April 6th, I guess I have one more week to wait, this is so stressful.

I wish they improve their system, the US visa took 45 min in person and in 3 days I had my passport back.

topesade1

Feb 11, 2014
Submitted application for wife and I online 25th of March.
Got notification today for wife only,TRV approved.
No notification for me?
Wife is the principal applicant.
Any advise?

topesade1

Feb 11, 2014
Advise needed.
Submitted online application for TRV.
Got approved/passport request on Friday 28/03/14.
Have a flight on the 4th of April.
Question-
Can I travel and send my passport from my country <Nigeria> to Ottawa for stamping?

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
TRV2014 said:
I am in the same boat than you... did you finally received it? How long did it take?

Mine was received on March 11th, processing times posted at 13 days... 17 days and waiting.. I have to fly to a job interview on April 6th, I guess I have one more week to wait, this is so stressful.
Mine application was received on March 11th, as well. I also didn't receive it yet. I hope they will finish it this week.

andimurti

Apr 3, 2014
Can we make changes to paper application already submitted in person?

Hi, will someone please help.

I will be going to the consulate of canada in NY next week to find out my answer. But my head is feeling like a palm seed growing roots in my brain already,and I am hoping someone can help me. This is regarding making changes to my visa application that has been submitted in person at the consulate. Can we do that? Or can we redo the application over with the correct information?

My situation is this:
When filling out the application, there was a question about "US Status" and I mistakenly chose option "Worker". A few days after submitting the application in person, a friend told me that I needed to select option "Others" for my answer instead of "worker" and to type in my visa status as G1. Therefore, I received email from the consulate that I must submit 3 documents: letter of invitation, proof of US status, and employment authorization.

I will be traveling to canada on a business trip. My office is holding an investment forum in Toronto in collaboration with the embassy and consulate of my home country. They have sent a diplomatic note on my behalf and that's counted as fulfilling requirement on letter of invitation.

I work for a government representative office of my home country, and receive salary from them, thus far, I dont require nor do I have an employment authorization. Additionally, the canadian consulate already has my passport. In it, it indicates that i have a legal and valid G1 Status.

Will someone please help? I am thinking of explaining the situation to the consulate next tuesday in person. I will bring additional document to prove my US Status. My employer is also preparing a document to support and verify my employment with them.

Is it possible to ask them if I could make changes in the application and or if I can redo the application over?

I really appreciate your inputs. Many thanks.

nemstic

Apr 8, 2014
Has anyone who applied for TRV within Canada in March using the paper application gotten his/her visa? . My application was recieved on March 7 in Ottawa but i haved heard anything from CIC.

Pls guys share timeline. I have a flight next week friday and am so worried. ::)

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
nemstic said:
Has anyone who applied for TRV within Canada in March using the paper application gotten his/her visa? . My application was recieved on March 7 in Ottawa but i haved heard anything from CIC.

Pls guys share timeline. I have a flight next week friday and am so worried. ::)
No news for my application as well. According to this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp it seems that processing has been very slow last few weeks. Previous update (on March 26th) was that they are working on applications from March 4th, and week later (on April 2nd) they changed to March 5th, so it looks that they need whole week to process applications received for only one day. I'm waiting for next update on Thursday to see if anything will change.

topesade1

Feb 11, 2014
I had to cancel me and my wife flight,lost $700,had to cancel our wedding,i am sitting at home right now as I had aplied for vacation from work.....Pls never book a flight before you get your visa.I learn a bitter lesson.Most painfull blow from almighty CPP.

nemstic

Apr 8, 2014
Hey guys am back to share my timeline so as to help someone :)

Paper TRV submitted in ottawa
Application recieved - 08 March,2014
Return parcel activated - 08 April ( N/b when i applied, processing time was 12 days :(, it took them a month instead)
Passport in mailbox - 25 April,2014 ( canada post lost my parcel, they found it after two weeks).

Advice to all:

1. multiply the their processing time by 2, that will give you the real processing time :D
2. Never book a flight until you get your passport in your hand. Canada post is a mess. they lost my express post parcel containing my passport and could not find it till after 2 weeks.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
EVEN I HAVE APPLIED FOR TRV BUT NO RESPONSE YET !!! i have applied for TRV(in canada) on April 24th(paper application) and they received it on 27th of April,2014. right now they are processing applications received on 26th April,2014 and process times are 27days(are these business days or calender days ?) i have to go to India in an urgent purpose so if i drop my application how long would it take to get back my passport because my flight is on 13th may,2014.

Kindly advise....

Akhilesh....
kakhileshreddy@gmail.com

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
you mean to say you applied on March 24th 2014.
You can email your tickets to CIC & request them to expedite your application as you need to fly on 13th May. This will not guarantee that your application processing will be fast but i heard that some people have tried this. best of luck

kakhileshreddy said:
EVEN I HAVE APPLIED FOR TRV BUT NO RESPONSE YET !!! i have applied for TRV(in canada) on April 24th(paper application) and they received it on 27th of April,2014. right now they are processing applications received on 26th April,2014 and process times are 27days(are these business days or calender days ?) i have to go to India in an urgent purpose so if i drop my application how long would it take to get back my passport because my flight is on 13th may,2014.

Kindly advise....

Akhilesh....
kakhileshreddy @ gmail.com

Domzky

Apr 28, 2014
Hello guys/gals

My paper application was received in Ottawa Processing Centre last April 4. I emailed them requesting to expedite my application April 26, for I need to go home to my country by second week of May for an important meeting.

I received an email stating this: "Your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures. Our office will contact you if any further action is required..." Is this an auto-reply? I don't know what to do? I am so worried. :(

Domzky

Apr 28, 2014
To those planning to apply for TRV, it's advisable to do it online rather than sending a paper application, which takes so long... :-X

lory23

Mar 14, 2014
I just received the passports back today......
Below is my timeline:
Paper application reached CPC Ottawa on April 11 via Xpresspost.
Passports back today May 7th.
Applied for TRV inside CA based on the work permits.