+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper based PR card renewy

spooky25

Jul 25, 2017
Hello all..
My PR card has expired a bit while ago and i have started the paper based application for the renewal. In the requirements they said about the bank statements and paystubs as proof in the preceding 5 years period..

Can some one please advise do i need to submit all the 5 years 12 months-60 statements along with the application.. ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all..
My PR card has expired a bit while ago and i have started the paper based application for the renewal. In the requirements they said about the bank statements and paystubs as proof in the preceding 5 years period..

Can some one please advise do i need to submit all the 5 years 12 months-60 statements along with the application.. ?
Some people said they include only the latest 6 months.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hello all..

No. Not anywhere near that.

Read and follow the instructions. See the appendix to the guide here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#appendixA

This is NOT complicated for any PR who meets the PR Residency Obligation based on days actually present in Canada. (Otherwise, such as PRs relying on credit for days outside Canada, or H&C relief, there are more detailed instructions about supporting documents.)

In particular, if you are in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation based on days actually present in Canada, for supporting documents to show you meet the RO you ONLY need to submit "2 pieces of evidence that can show residency in Canada" sometime during the previous five years. Yeah, not much at all. For example: one month's bank statement (assuming it does show your actual residential address) plus one pay stub (showing you were working IN Canada for the period it covers). Just two pieces of EVIDENCE showing "residency" (that you had a residential address IN Canada).

Note: Your primary proof of meeting the RO is an accurate travel history showing you were actually present in Canada more than 730 days.

Longer Explanation:

Meeting the RO based on days actually present in Canada means you were physically in Canada at least 730 days within the previous five years. This also means, in another way of describing it, that you were NOT outside Canada more than 1095 days. So long as you accurately report your travel history in section 5.5 of the PR card application, the application itself will total the number of days outside Canada. So, if when fully and accurately completed this shows a total that is NOT more than 1095 days outside Canada, that means you meet the RO based on days actually present in Canada, AND thus ONLY need to submit just two items, two pieces of evidence (as supporting documents to show RO compliance) to make a complete application.

If the total days outside Canada, in section 5.5 of the application, is more than 1095, the more lengthy and complex requirements for what to submit as supporting documents will apply.

Assuming your application shows a total of NOT more than 1095 days outside Canada and you in fact meet the RO based on days actually present in Canada . . . If IRCC has questions about RO compliance, in addition to its own inquiries or investigation it can, and in some cases it will require the PR to submit additional information and documentation, a kind of Residence Questionnaire; RQ-related requests can range from a few particular documents to requiring the PR to provide full blown proof. For the latter, IRCC might indeed be asking for a far more extensive collection of bank statements in addition to documents proving occupying interest in the places where the PR lived, proving employment history, and additional evidence more fully proving where the PR has been during the relevant five years.