+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistanis Applying for student Visa for September 2015 intake!

Hassaan1992

Star Member
May 17, 2015
McMaster21 said:
Hello all, I have an urgent question from my friend who applied but has limited internet access. Any help would be greatly appreciated as she is in a poorer region of the country and this means everything to her family.

My friend applied ONLINE on May 22nd with an upfront medical. Like many of you did not hear anything up until now. Today she received 2 messages in her CIC.

1 message required additional documents (POLICE CERTIFICATE) which was not required when she applied.

2nd Message was the passport request. "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."

My question is: 1) is this the generic passport request everyone receives when visa is approved? I am assuming if they are asking for the passport at this stage it should be good, why else would they request it (Medical and everything else is passed).

2) I think the best course of action for her is to get the police certificate from the local police stations as directed by CIC website, and go submit it along with her passport in person. Based on your experience does this sound appropriate

Jazak Allah Khayr in advance for the help guys and may Allah make it easy for all of you guys. As an outsider I feel for you and you are in my prayers, remember Allah in times of distress and Allah will remember you in times of ease :)

F
when ur friend got medical call ??

Khanlala1

Aug 12, 2015
AOA
I want to apply for CAIPS filecheck, Can someone tell me which payment option should i chose? there are 4 options for 4 different packages, i would like to get thorough assessment. Secondly , How much time usually they take to assess the file?

KhalidF

Sep 28, 2013
Khanlala1 said:
AOA
I want to apply for CAIPS filecheck, Can someone tell me which payment option should i chose? there are 4 options for 4 different packages, i would like to get thorough assessment. Secondly , How much time usually they take to assess the file?
if you are applying through caips.ca, from my past experience i would suggest you to go for "CAIPS Basic - C$40:"

When will my CAIPS arrive?
As our request application reaches CIC, they'd take a week+ to retrieve it. Despatching takes another week+. While the postal duration could again be one more week. Oh yes, it is send by CIC thru regular postal mail. Thus, overall we r looking at 4-6 weeks to receive our CAIPS notes

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-order-caips-notes-t72568.0.html

Khanlala1

Aug 12, 2015
@KhalidF

OK fair enough. But we have to send the scanned copies of our file via email for assessment right? And about your past experience did you find it helping?

kashifch

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McMaster21 said:
Thanks for the prompt replys everyone, and ameen to the duas.

She was just a little confused because the letter for the police certificate says ``Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission in Islamabad by e-mail or via the Visa Application Centre network.``

So is the Canadian High Commission at a different location than the VAC in Islamabad where she did her biometrics or are they connected.

To me it does not make much sense to send the passport to VAC and Police Certificate to Canadian High Commission, but maybe this is the way it is I am not sure. I lean towards taking both passport and police certificate in person to VAC in Islamabad but I am not sure and do not want to provide misleading guidance.

Can someone please advice, thanks again.

By the way guys I am a Canadian Citizen doing my PhD in Canada so if any of you have specific questions about Canada and especially the universities in Toronto feel free to PM me, I will do by best to help.
I believe it would be best to submit her certificate and passport at VAC. As CHC is not taking any documents physically and has appointed VFS/Gerry's as its VAC in Pakistan.

KhalidF

Sep 28, 2013
Khanlala1 said:
@ KhalidF

OK fair enough. But we have to send the scanned copies of our file via email for assessment right? And about your past experience did you find it helping?
you just need to send scan copies of page 3 and 4 to them via email http://www.caips.ca/docs/appkit14.pdf, it was very helpful, applied for CAIPS twice ...

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
McMaster21 said:
Hello all, I have an urgent question from my friend who applied but has limited internet access. Any help would be greatly appreciated as she is in a poorer region of the country and this means everything to her family.

My friend applied ONLINE on May 22nd with an upfront medical. Like many of you did not hear anything up until now. Today she received 2 messages in her CIC.

1 message required additional documents (POLICE CERTIFICATE) which was not required when she applied.

2nd Message was the passport request. "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."

My question is: 1) is this the generic passport request everyone receives when visa is approved? I am assuming if they are asking for the passport at this stage it should be good, why else would they request it (Medical and everything else is passed).

2) I think the best course of action for her is to get the police certificate from the local police stations as directed by CIC website, and go submit it along with her passport in person. Based on your experience does this sound appropriate

Jazak Allah Khayr in advance for the help guys and may Allah make it easy for all of you guys. As an outsider I feel for you and you are in my prayers, remember Allah in times of distress and Allah will remember you in times of ease :)

F

You figured it out very well. it should be exactly this way inshaAllah. Get Police certificate and submit it with passport. Best of luck :)

Reactions: CanadianGoosee

walid555

Aug 26, 2015
Guys my medical status just changed to 'passed' on the online CIC portal. Generally, how long will it take from now for the passport request?

Thanks in advance

aabrar

Apr 21, 2015
Folks I must thank you for the valuable advice and support through this forum. Alhamd Ul Allah my visa got approved, along with my family; just got the mail. I hope passports will be delivered in a few days time. Now i can confidently comment that a strong SOP and complete documentation results in visa approval. I found nobody is going to University of Victoria from Pakistan this year!

Xmen

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
18th May, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
07th Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30th Oct, 2015
walid555 said:
Guys my medical status just changed to 'passed' on the online CIC portal. Generally, how long will it take from now for the passport request?

Thanks in advance
Have u given medical upfront ?