+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani spousal sponsorship - what is Rukhsati and how do I prove it?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
I've read about how the Rukhsati is vital in order for a marriage to be considered genuine by the CIC, but I don't quite understand what it really is and what kind of photographic proof I'll need in order to prove that I've actually done it.

Do I just need to take a couple of pics of my wife leaving with me after the Nikkah? Maybe a couple of pics of us together after the wedding? I'm really frustrated by how the CIC requires us to do Rukhsati, but does not provide us with a concrete definition of what they consider to be a genuine Rukhsati.

M

mikeymyke

Why don't you ask your wife what people normally do at a Rukhsati? Or you could even google it and see how it's done and compare with what your wife describes. For photos, maybe try to take pics of the main things involved in a Rukhsati. For example, when I married my Vietnamese wife, I know that a traditional Vietnamese ceremony involves walking with your bride to the house, pouring tea for the family members, praying at the altar of dead grandparents, etc. I made sure photos were taken during each of those events, don't need to take pics of every little single thing in between.

Also, you can go to canlii.org, type in Rukhsati and see what concerns CIC with regards to what kind of proof the couple lacks that causes them to red flag their application. Take this case for example.
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2010/2010canlii84082/2010canlii84082.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAIcnVraHNhdGkAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=1

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016
Basically Rukhsati is a full fledge wedding which includes (but not necessarily) three functions: Mehendi, Baraat and Valima. This would be an Ideal Rukhsati situation in an ideal Pakistani Wedding.

Its imperative that you send pictures of the wedding hall, at least 3 pictures with a bunch of guests on the stage, Leaving the hall with the bride and all the rituals that it entails (putting Quran on top of head of the bride, the bride meets and cries over leaving her mother/father/siblings etc). Some dinner parties after the wedding or a honeymoon or outing would be very good too. Include the wedding invitation card, receipts for the wedding hall, any other things that you bought or rented for the wedding include those too... Definitely include your airline tickets and/or boarding passes.

anam9094

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-03-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Decision made:september -17 -2015
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
Original Docs Returned:October-6-2015
Passport Req..
October-6-2015 :)
VISA ISSUED...
October-14-2015 :D
LANDED..........
November-5-2015 :D
First they are looking for Rukhasti prove which includes pictures with your wife say good bye to her family and walking out of the hall. Pictures of you guys going and sitting in the car together. You can alo take pictures when she entere your house and when she enters your room. Second in the spouse questionaire form there is a question about cohibition. I think it is question 27. In that questiom you have to give dates of you guys living together and also you need to state in the marriage question that you have done rukhasti where it tells you to explain the marriage. Basically thats all they are looking for. I did all this and my husband just go his visa in 7 months from london visa office :)

anam9094

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-03-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Bubbles87 said:
Basically Rukhsati is a full fledge wedding which includes (but not necessarily) three functions: Mehendi, Baraat and Valima. This would be an Ideal Rukhsati situation in an ideal Pakistani Wedding.

Its imperative that you send pictures of the wedding hall, at least 3 pictures with a bunch of guests on the stage, Leaving the hall with the bride and all the rituals that it entails (putting Quran on top of head of the bride, the bride meets and cries over leaving her mother/father/siblings etc). Some dinner parties after the wedding or a honeymoon or outing would be very good too. Include the wedding invitation card, receipts for the wedding hall, any other things that you bought or rented for the wedding include those too... Definitely include your airline tickets and/or boarding passes.
Rukhasti does not always mean you have to have full function. I did not have reception or mehndi and still had a rukhasti without these functions. And I could not have my reception at the time so I told them I planned it in summer and they did not say anything to us.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
anam9094 said:
First they are looking for Rukhasti prove which includes pictures with your wife say good bye to her family and walking out of the hall. Pictures of you guys going and sitting in the car together. You can alo take pictures when she entere your house and when she enters your room. Second in the spouse questionaire form there is a question about cohibition. I think it is question 27. In that questiom you have to give dates of you guys living together and also you need to state in the marriage question that you have done rukhasti where it tells you to explain the marriage. Basically thats all they are looking for. I did all this and my husband just go his visa in 7 months from london visa office :)
Wow that's fast! I would be overjoyed if my wife's app gets approved that quickly.

This is what we have in mind: after the Nikkah, my wife and I will exit the hall together and sit in a car which will take us to the house I'll be staying at. I will have pics of all that, plus additional pics of her staying at my house for as long as I'm in Pakistan (total of seven days). However my parents and in-laws have said that they will not hold a Quran over my wife's head as she leaves the hall because they don't agree with that for whatever reason. Is this a good enough Rukhsati?

anam9094

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-03-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
flx2015 said:
Wow that's fast! I would be overjoyed if my wife's app gets approved that quickly.

This is what we have in mind: after the Nikkah, my wife and I will exit the hall together and sit in a car which will take us to the house I'll be staying at. I will have pics of all that, plus additional pics of her staying at my house for as long as I'm in Pakistan (total of seven days). However my parents and in-laws have said that they will not hold a Quran over my wife's head as she leaves the hall because they don't agree with that for whatever reason. Is this a good enough Rukhsati?
Yes that will be fine for rukhasti! And also make sure to write it in application.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015
Hello,

Thanks for all the input, its really helpful for new applicants.

My situation is a bit tricky, I got married last year on December 1st, 2014. We had a Nikah and a full ceremony with it (all family members were invited etc). But we did not have rukhsati, since I had to return to Canada, and it would be really awkward for me to take my wife to my house and then ask her to go back after some days. But our Nikah was really nice, we had a full gathering and many many pictures. We also hung out after the Nikah and took many pictures at different places (lakes, mountains etc). I am planning to apply now (since I just graduated) for her to come here, but I am worried about the rukhsati thing. We have tonnes of facebook, skype messages and pictures to give as proof. So should I go ahead and apply, or go back to Pakistan, get the rukhsati done and then apply? Any advice would be helpful. Also, Anam I have been trying to send you a personal message for your help and guidance but it seems that it is not going through. If it is not any trouble to you, would you please contact me at semaak5@live.ca, so that I can ask you questions about the application and stuff that is personal and I would not prefer to post here. Anyway, Thanks everyone!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Some people get accepted with just the nikah; some don't. The safest thing is to do the rukhsati as well.