+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Parents and GrandParents Sponsorship 2018

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Salam,

Let's gathered all successful applicants who got selected for 2018 in Parents and GrandParents sponsorship program belongs to Pakistan.

The reason to make this separate thread, because every country have different and unique procedure for getting required documents.

Guy If you don't have problem, you can mention the city name as well. So it will us to understand the issue and question.

Last edited:

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
I got selected for 2018.

Question regarding dependents (over 22 years). Can one add dependent to the application if he/she is enrolled in studies continuesly since the age of 18??

Reactions: toronto213

NTThobani

Apr 30, 2014
Hi,

we have selected but I didn't get any email, I luckily saved the reference number.

Did you guys receive the email and what is the deadline to submit the package.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
No. Dependent has to be under age of 22.
Wrong, please check the cic link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

Over 22 is eligible: see dependants definition from the above link.
Dependants over the age limit
Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Salam,

Let's gathered all successful applicants who got selected for 2018 in Parents and GrandParents sponsorship program belongs to Pakistan.

The reason to make this separate thread, because every country have different and unique procedure for getting required documents.

Guy If you don't have problem, you can mention the city name as well. So it will us to understand the issue and question.
Great idea! Please create a spreadsheet in google doc. If you need any help let me know.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, as long as there is no gap in education, must be continiuted, not part time but full time study, not married, fully financially dependant on parents.
See CIC link for more info. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html
You missed the point. For most people over 22 will put them out of being a "dependent' of their parents.
Only those that is seriously ill or with disability can be qualified. And most cases, they won't pass medical check. But there are a few exceptions.
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
You missed the point. For most people over 22 will put them out of being a "dependent' of their parents.
Only those that is seriously ill or with disability can be qualified. And most cases, they won't pass medical check. But there are a few exceptions.
Sorry, you are correct, It is true there is a condition to that and there may be dependant who are eligible under that category but its rare, also in my 2nd posting (i will delete it) i quoted that "as long as they are full-time....." that was dependant over 22 condition prior to 2014 which is no longer applicable.
Thanks

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,

Congratulations to everyone.

I am confused for Schedule A Background Declaration 5669 Form.

I am sponsoring my mother only on parent sponsorship. Does IMM 5669 has to be filled out by my married sister who is 30 and two brothers who are 30 plus but have no plans to come to Canada.

Please advise?