+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants waiting for PPR (Stage 1 or 2 letters) from CHC London

Tahirr

Oct 3, 2013
Assalam o alaekum,

I m from Karachi, Pakistan.I have applied for FSW in august 2011 with my family and giving medicals on 30th july 2013.Waiting for PPR1.I have emailed once to visa office last month and got the same typical reply that your case is under process and we will inform you within 28 days. I have been waiting since then, can anyone provide information that how much time usually the process takes to receive PPR1 or should I email again to London visa office for the same. As I have heard that for Pakistani's the process of receiving PPR1 takes at least 6 to 8 months.
Can anyone guide me regarding this issue.
Thanks.

Gondal the great

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
Additional doc request on 13 June 2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2012
IELTS Request
already sent
File Transfer...
dont know but it's in LVO as I saw it personally during my interview
Med's Request
8th July 2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013.....my kids done on 22-07-2013, medical receieved in ecase 28-07-13
Interview........
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 and Decision Made Line added on 6-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Ma Sha Allah 13th January 2014
Line added Decision Made

Still have not got my passport back.
Weekend is coming Ahead so May be i will get after weekend.

coollover

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
mirzi said:
AOA dear all,

IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO NEEDS INFORMATION FOR SETTLING IN CANADA IN THE INITIAL DAYS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WRITE AN E-MAIL TO ME.
MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS, mirza.anwar804 @ gmail.com.
I myself landed with my family in July 2013 and I know it is hard in the beginning, but we all know how much we prayed and were extremely eager to see our passports.
Alhamdulillah we are progressing step by step.
Anyone who needs any kind of information please feel free to e-mail me as it is a great help to have someone who was in a similar situation.
I am very fluent in Urdu as well so I can also read e-mails written in urdu, so feel free to write them in Urdu too.
I can help in information regarding drivers licence, health cards, SIN cards, PR cards and a lot more.

Best of Luck.
AoA,

It is great to read your mail on canada visa forum, i appreciate your help for new comers in Canada.

I am planing to land in Jan, 14, kindly tell me what items/things are necessary to bring.

1) Which Airline?
2) how to bring fragile items? Mean Ghatay ka Dibbay etc
3) what documents are necessary to bring from Pakistan i.e. Kids Medical forms etc
4) Gram Kapray?

and also tell which goods/items you think are better to bring from Pakistan.

also share your experiences..

One suggestion, kindly make a general instruction essay/email for new comers.

Mirza Bhai kindly tell me, i want to land in Mississauga and wants to continue my education.

i search that i can study in University of Toronto, Mississauga because in this university they have my area of subject (Molecular Biology).

Can i find my residence near university. i am coming with my family..

regards.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Gondal the great said:
Line added Decision Made

Still have not got my passport back.
Weekend is coming Ahead so May be i will get after weekend.
gondal the great mabrook

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Tahirr said:
Assalam o alaekum,

I m from Karachi, Pakistan.I have applied for FSW in august 2011 with my family and giving medicals on 30th july 2013.Waiting for PPR1.I have emailed once to visa office last month and got the same typical reply that your case is under process and we will inform you within 28 days. I have been waiting since then, can anyone provide information that how much time usually the process takes to receive PPR1 or should I email again to London visa office for the same. As I have heard that for Pakistani's the process of receiving PPR1 takes at least 6 to 8 months.
Can anyone guide me regarding this issue.
Thanks.
No hard and fast rule , no time limit. just wait and pray

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Thank you everyone!!

I have a question, after receiving visa, I asked LVO to send back my original documents and they did, but, LVO did not send my birth certificate. Does LVO retain birth certificate of principal applicant or they are supposed to return it?

And incase, if LVO does not find it, then should I apply for duplicate and would it be accepted later on (if required in Canada).
Will appreciate your usual guidance and support on this.
My regards.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
coollover said:
AoA,

It is great to read your mail on canada visa forum, i appreciate your help for new comers in Canada.

I am planing to land in Jan, 14, kindly tell me what items/things are necessary to bring.

1) Which Airline?
2) how to bring fragile items? Mean Ghatay ka Dibbay etc
3) what documents are necessary to bring from Pakistan i.e. Kids Medical forms etc
4) Gram Kapray?

and also tell which goods/items you think are better to bring from Pakistan.

also share your experiences..

One suggestion, kindly make a general instruction essay/email for new comers.

Mirza Bhai kindly tell me, i want to land in Mississauga and wants to continue my education.

i search that i can study in University of Toronto, Mississauga because in this university they have my area of subject (Molecular Biology).

Can i find my residence near university. i am coming with my family..

regards.
1. Airlines:

Only PIA is direct to Toronto from Pakistan.
Other options are Emirates (via Dubai), Etihad (via Abu Dhabi), Turkish (via Istanbul).
Some people are also going via Bahrain>London>Toronto etc but it involves Air Canada.

I would advise to take PIA if you don't want connecting flight/airport hassles. Fly directly if you can find good fare. Specially with kids the journey can be extra tiring. I've heard that Pakistan to Canada flight services are reasonable with PIA, and seating is ok too. Pretty much every other airline is squeezing more and more seats into their economy class sections, including the great ones.
Otherwise I would advise for Emirates/Etihad/Turkish as they offer good service, and no issues with food as everything is halal.

On air canada you would need to reserve muslim meal (in advance when you book), and they don't offer 2 free bags in luggage. This is with Gulf Air mixed with Air Canada routing via london heathrow.

Also, make sure to avoid traveling via USA. You will need US visa and extra security, etc, so it is not worth it even if it is cheaper. Avoid airlines with very long connecting times.

2. Wrap the items in bubble-wrap, etc and then into clothes, etc and in boxes. But these should only be used for important/fragile things.
Bring a couple of dinner sets if u have family and are social. The ones available in Canada are only 24pc which are only good for 4 people.
Check with airline or cargo companies to book your stuff as cargo, etc.

3. Bring immunization records of all school-going children, have their school certificates, etc. Bring all your degrees, certificates, marksheets, transcripts, etc from Pakistan, as necessary for you and your spouse.

4. Medicine is quite costly for newcomers without insurance. Check the destination province where you will land. Some have a 3-month waiting period before the provincial health coverage starts, so obtain private insurance for initial 3 months if you're staying that long, or for whatever period you're here (if less than 3 months). Otherwise you will be charged a lot of money in case of emergency, etc. Do not take a risk.

5. Some things you can buy here. But in January it is very cold in Canada. Bring jackets, warm hats, gloves, etc to make sure you don't get sick because of the severe cold (depends on the weather). Bring some so that u can survive before buying more locally. Snow shoes you can buy here as suitable for Canadian weather are better available here. If you like wearing leather jackets......bring those from Pak as they're very expensive here (each costs like $300-400 here)

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
Msaeed

How are you bro.
Can you tell me how many times VO requested you additional documents from you since Sep 2012.

As your timeline shows nothing to me here.

Regards.

coollover

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
ASA,
thanks bhai for your kind information, it really quite help full for every immigrants.

once again i am very thanks full to you..

regards,

canvis2006 said:
1. Airlines:

Only PIA is direct to Toronto from Pakistan.
Other options are Emirates (via Dubai), Etihad (via Abu Dhabi), Turkish (via Istanbul).
Some people are also going via Bahrain>London>Toronto etc but it involves Air Canada.

I would advise to take PIA if you don't want connecting flight/airport hassles. Fly directly if you can find good fare. Specially with kids the journey can be extra tiring. I've heard that Pakistan to Canada flight services are reasonable with PIA, and seating is ok too. Pretty much every other airline is squeezing more and more seats into their economy class sections, including the great ones.
Otherwise I would advise for Emirates/Etihad/Turkish as they offer good service, and no issues with food as everything is halal.

On air canada you would need to reserve muslim meal (in advance when you book), and they don't offer 2 free bags in luggage. This is with Gulf Air mixed with Air Canada routing via london heathrow.

Also, make sure to avoid traveling via USA. You will need US visa and extra security, etc, so it is not worth it even if it is cheaper. Avoid airlines with very long connecting times.

2. Wrap the items in bubble-wrap, etc and then into clothes, etc and in boxes. But these should only be used for important/fragile things.
Bring a couple of dinner sets if u have family and are social. The ones available in Canada are only 24pc which are only good for 4 people.
Check with airline or cargo companies to book your stuff as cargo, etc.

3. Bring immunization records of all school-going children, have their school certificates, etc. Bring all your degrees, certificates, marksheets, transcripts, etc from Pakistan, as necessary for you and your spouse.

4. Medicine is quite costly for newcomers without insurance. Check the destination province where you will land. Some have a 3-month waiting period before the provincial health coverage starts, so obtain private insurance for initial 3 months if you're staying that long, or for whatever period you're here (if less than 3 months). Otherwise you will be charged a lot of money in case of emergency, etc. Do not take a risk.

5. Some things you can buy here. But in January it is very cold in Canada. Bring jackets, warm hats, gloves, etc to make sure you don't get sick because of the severe cold (depends on the weather). Bring some so that u can survive before buying more locally. Snow shoes you can buy here as suitable for Canadian weather are better available here. If you like wearing leather jackets......bring those from Pak as they're very expensive here (each costs like $300-400 here)

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014

Can somebody tell me if one can open the COPR envelopes? please share your personal experiences.

Gondal the great

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
Additional doc request on 13 June 2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2012
IELTS Request
already sent
File Transfer...
dont know but it's in LVO as I saw it personally during my interview
Med's Request
8th July 2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013.....my kids done on 22-07-2013, medical receieved in ecase 28-07-13
Interview........
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 and Decision Made Line added on 6-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Ma Sha Allah 13th January 2014
Thanks God

Just recieved passport with visa and COPR,

Almsot immigration proces is over in excatly two years from they day they recieved my Application.

praying For ale those who are still in the proces.

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
Gondal the great said:
Thanks God

Just recieved passport with visa and COPR,

Almsot immigration proces is over in excatly two years from they day they recieved my Application.

praying For ale those who are still in the proces.
Wow Gondal gee,
thats great,
congratulations to you bro,

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
In last few days a lot of friends have been promoted to next steps .
CONGRATULATION AND BEST WISHES TO ALL
AND MANY MORE PRAYERS FOR THOSE WAITING FOR NEXT STEPS.

kindeel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah 21/03/14
By the Grace of Almighty ALLAH, I received passports back from Islamabad just informed me my brother in law that he received the passports and COPRs. Still I do not believe as I haven’t seen it myself. May ALLAH help us all in achieving our goals and also help us to be successful in our lives. I pray for a speedy process of all those who are waiting for their MR, Passport request and visa/COPR. Thanks to all forum members for your valuable help throughout this process of immigration. This forum kept my dreams alive especially in difficult times and got valuable advice from seniors and without members advice I think it was not possible for me to pass this lengthy and tiring process with such smoothness, (most of them are now in Canada). This forum is a great source of information especially for those who applied without any Lawyer or Consultants. Thank you all.

Regards

Kindeel