Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Zee81 said:
Anyone,

I need your guidance in filling the landing forms.. Things accompanying B4 and currency reporting E677.. Which address we have to mention on these forms, Canadian (temporary address) or Pakistani (Permanent address).. Also form E677 requires 'Type of identification & identification number', is this the Pakistani Passport or else?

Thanks
if u hv canada adrress , write that otherwise kepp it blank, u can tell to officer and then fill it
passport is ur identification

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Zee81 said:
Usma,

I have seen this link before... this is the normal procedure for the persons who do not have an NOC from Pakistan (as generally is the case)....

As many seniors of this forum who have already landed, have confirmed that the Canadian authorities do accept the NOC brought from Pakistan, attested by the Foreign Office, so do take NOC.... it will save your 3-4 weeks...

I have read somewhere that in Alberta they sometimes do not accept NOC (like one of our senior Mighty_Echoes stated)..may be he did not got attestation from Foreign Office, who knows....on the other hand people like Cock&Bull, Khalid_civil & others have used the NOC which was easily accepted in Ontario...

So what is the harm in taking NOC.??? I have already made this NOC from local transportation authority....and got attested from Foreign Office.. it is a very simple procedure, hardly takes a day....

International driving license is not required if you don't want to drive immediately after landing in Canada, which is generally the case....

Thanks for detailed reply, +1 for you. confusion cleared.

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
I am a new user to this forum and I need help in understanding visa expiry issue. My medical is done in June 6, 2013 and ECAS is showing that 'Medical have been Received'. I checked that RPRF demand draft has been cashed out and now I am waiting for PPR1.

The issue is that though passports of all of my family were expiring in year 2017 however, one of my child's passport is expiring in April, 2014. I am confused that should I renew it now or wait for the PPR1 and then renew it. As I understand that Passport is not renewed till the expiry of 6 months left which will be in October, 2013. Another thing is that Medical was done on this passport that is going to be expire in April, 2014. Does it effect the process if I renewed this passport now? I heard that renewal of passport does not cancel the Valid Visa of your older passport.

Please guide me. Thank you in advance

fsarosh said:

First of all, thanks for the plus one ! ;). Now about your questions. Your first question about the renewal of passport. I would suggest you to go for your medicals with your existing passports and when your medicals will be completed, immediately apply for all the passports which are going to expire within the next 2 years (if there is anyone else is included in your application like wife, children etc to remain on the safe side because this could cause another problem at the time of PPR1 because when they sends the PPR1 letter, they clearly specifies that all the passports must be valid for at-least one year so better do it now). I will also give another valuable suggestion that is when you apply for the renewal of the passport, you must apply it on "URGENT" rather than "ORDINARY" because NADRA faces different problems every now and then resulting in delays in the deliveries of the passports. Also, rest assured that the renewal of passports not at all makes any negative impact on your application (i personally did it even at a stage when my passport was expiring after 20 months) but don't forget to do one thing (so that you can come 100% on the safe side). When you get your new passports in hand, make a photocopy of the passports and send it to the high commission (but only through a courier service) and write a brief letter (mention your file number clearly in the letter) along with the photocopies stating that you have got renewed passports and you are sending the photocopies and request them to update the record of your case and that's all.

Now, your second question. There are no precautionary measures required for the medicals so dont be afraid of it, go for the medicals in a fully relaxed position. In simple words, its a normal kind of medical checkup type of thing.

shahzad395

Jan 29, 2012
Muscat Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
Doc's Request.
17-08-2012 & 2-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
23-01-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2013, DM on Ecas 23-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2013, received on 04-09-2013
LANDED..........
26th Sept. 2013
sarkhan said:
I am a new user to this forum and I need help in understanding visa expiry issue. My medical is done in June 6, 2013 and ECAS is showing that 'Medical have been Received'. I checked that RPRF demand draft has been cashed out and now I am waiting for PPR1.

The issue is that though passports of all of my family were expiring in year 2017 however, one of my child's passport is expiring in April, 2014. I am confused that should I renew it now or wait for the PPR1 and then renew it. As I understand that Passport is not renewed till the expiry of 6 months left which will be in October, 2013. Another thing is that Medical was done on this passport that is going to be expire in April, 2014. Does it effect the process if I renewed this passport now? I heard that renewal of passport does not cancel the Valid Visa of your older passport.

;
Renew it immediately b4 PPR1, u can get special approval by passport office officer to renew passport before 6 month expiry date :)

KUKOO

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
abkhwaja said:
Hello everyone...

By the grace of Allah I have received PPR-1 today from JMR!

I did my medicals in December last year.

Good luck to all of you waiting for the next steps!
congrats :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Assalamualaikum, How is everyone?

Congrats everyone for the visas, PPRs, Meds or Re Meds.

I wanted to have information abt NOC for Driving License.

My DL was issued from Traffic Authority Multan , on 01 Feb, 2012. Does it mean I have to take the NOC after 01 Feb, 2014 to complete the 02 years or I can take it now with me and can provide to Ontario Licensing Authority as proof.

Or I should wait and take the NOC after completion of two years, and then take the NOC from Traffic office Multan to submit it to Ontario Licensing Authority for applying for G2 License.

Please advice.

Nashe

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-May-2010 (Sent 05-07-2010)
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
10-11-2012 (Case Refused & Re-opened in Aug. 2012)
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 26-06-2013 ; PPR-2 30-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
nashe_31 said:
Assalamualaikum, How is everyone?

Congrats everyone for the visas, PPRs, Meds or Re Meds.

I wanted to have information abt NOC for Driving License.

My DL was issued from Traffic Authority Multan , on 01 Feb, 2012. Does it mean I have to take the NOC after 01 Feb, 2014 to complete the 02 years or I can take it now with me and can provide to Ontario Licensing Authority as proof.

Or I should wait and take the NOC after completion of two years, and then take the NOC from Traffic office Multan to submit it to Ontario Licensing Authority for applying for G2 License.

Please advice.

Nashe
Thanks Nashe brother..

If you plan to land before Feb. 2014 (which I believe you are) then you fall in category of a driver having 12-24 months prior driving experience. You will have to get an NOC from Multan Traffic authority for whatever prior driving experience (less then 2 years) and have to go through the following steps to obtain a G5 license:

If we only have 12-24 months letter

1. We will need to pass the vision test and knowledge test.
2. we will need to attempt the G1 Road Test.
2. Upon successfully passing the G1 road test we will get the G2 driving license.
3. With a G2 license there is a wait period of 12 months and then we can take a G2 road test.
4. If we pass G2 test we will get full G licence(G5).

Regards

Zee81

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
For all forum members assistance I am coping the comprehensive procedure for obtaining a Canadian G5 driving license for all cases below (thanks to our friend CocknBull):

How to obtain Canadian driving licence for Pakistanis immigrating from Pakistan to Canada

This procedure is for Ontario province though other provinces have more or less same rules

In Pakistan we have Right hand drive vehicles but in Canada they have left hand drive vehicles so some training may be needed to adjust road conditions.

Which Canadian category licence we can get

1. If we have over 24 months 'Pakistani' driving experience -we can get the Ontario full G Driving License.
2. If we have over 12 months [but less than 24] Pakistani driving experience -we can get the Ontario G2 Driving License.
3. If we have less than 12 months Pakistani experience or no experience we can get the Ontario G1 license.
4. In any case we will be required to complete a vision test and pass the knowledge test

Step-1 -Before we 'Land':

1. We must obtain a "No objection Certificate" (NOC) from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining our D/License stating how old our license is and how much driving experience we have from Pakistan.

Step-2 -The Tests to take:

If we have over 24 months experience

Based on the over 24 months Authentication Letter (NOC)

2. we will need to attempt the G2 Road test.
3. If we pass the G2 Test, we will get the full G license.

2. Upon successfully passing the G1 road test we will get the G2 driving license.
3. With a G2 license there is a wait period of 12 months and then we can take a G2 road test.
4. If we pass G2 test we will get full G licence.

If we have less than 12 months letter or no experience at all

2. If we pass we will get G1 license.
3. With G1 license there is a wait period of 12 months after which we can take G1 test to get G2 license.
4. With a G2 license there is a wait period of 12 months after which we can take a G2 road test.
5. If we pass G2 test we will get full G licence.

The License Grading Explained [G1, G2 & G]:

G1 licence

By law, when you have a G1 licence, you must:

Maintain a zero blood alcohol level (no alcohol in your blood)
Make sure every passenger with you wears a properly working seatbelt
Not drive between midnight and 5 a.m.
Not drive on 400-series highways or high-speed expressways (e.g., 401, Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW), Gardiner Expressway)
Drive with a fully licensed driver who has:
At least four years of driving experience
A blood alcohol level of less than .05 (if this person is 21 and under, their blood alcohol level should be zero).
The driver accompanying you must be the only other person in the front seat. If you are driving with a driver instructor certified in Ontario, you can drive on any road.

G2 Licence

You can now drive:

Without another experienced driver in the car
On all Ontario roads
At any time of the day, in most cases.
You must still:

Have a zero blood alcohol level
Carry only as many passengers as there are working seatbelts.
If you are 19 and under, some other restrictions still apply.

-G License is the 'full fledged' driving license.

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/get-g-drivers-licence-new-drivers

http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/canadian-driver-s-licence

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Zee81 said:
For all forum members assistance I am coping the comprehensive procedure for obtaining a Canadian G5 driving license for all cases below (thanks to our friend CocknBull):

How to obtain Canadian driving licence for Pakistanis immigrating from Pakistan to Canada

This procedure is for Ontario province though other provinces have more or less same rules

In Pakistan we have Right hand drive vehicles but in Canada they have left hand drive vehicles so some training may be needed to adjust road conditions.

Which Canadian category licence we can get

1. If we have over 24 months 'Pakistani' driving experience -we can get the Ontario full G Driving License.
2. If we have over 12 months [but less than 24] Pakistani driving experience -we can get the Ontario G2 Driving License.
3. If we have less than 12 months Pakistani experience or no experience we can get the Ontario G1 license.
4. In any case we will be required to complete a vision test and pass the knowledge test

Step-1 -Before we 'Land':

1. We must obtain a "No objection Certificate" (NOC) from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining our D/License stating how old our license is and how much driving experience we have from Pakistan.

Step-2 -The Tests to take:

If we have over 24 months experience

Based on the over 24 months Authentication Letter (NOC)

2. we will need to attempt the G2 Road test.
3. If we pass the G2 Test, we will get the full G license.

4. If we pass G2 test we will get full G licence.

If we have less than 12 months letter or no experience at all

2. If we pass we will get G1 license.
3. With G1 license there is a wait period of 12 months after which we can take G1 test to get G2 license.
4. With a G2 license there is a wait period of 12 months after which we can take a G2 road test.
5. If we pass G2 test we will get full G licence.

The License Grading Explained [G1, G2 & G]:

G1 licence

By law, when you have a G1 licence, you must:

Maintain a zero blood alcohol level (no alcohol in your blood)
Make sure every passenger with you wears a properly working seatbelt
Not drive between midnight and 5 a.m.
Not drive on 400-series highways or high-speed expressways (e.g., 401, Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW), Gardiner Expressway)
Drive with a fully licensed driver who has:
At least four years of driving experience
A blood alcohol level of less than .05 (if this person is 21 and under, their blood alcohol level should be zero).
The driver accompanying you must be the only other person in the front seat. If you are driving with a driver instructor certified in Ontario, you can drive on any road.

G2 Licence

You can now drive:

Without another experienced driver in the car
On all Ontario roads
At any time of the day, in most cases.
You must still:

Have a zero blood alcohol level
Carry only as many passengers as there are working seatbelts.
If you are 19 and under, some other restrictions still apply.

-G License is the 'full fledged' driving license.

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/get-g-drivers-licence-new-drivers

http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/canadian-driver-s-licence
good explanation of Driving licenses +1 for you. if any immigrant have 5 years UAE driving license, wehre driving is same as left hand same as in Canada, then how to obtain Driving License. NEKEOL

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
nekeol said:
if u hv canada adrress , write that otherwise kepp it blank, u can tell to officer and then fill it
passport is ur identification
Thanks and what about form E677... should I pre-fill it and take with me or no need to do so... simply I can tell the CBSA officer at the airport?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
sarkhan said:

better to renew passport

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
nekeol said:
good explanation of Driving licenses +1 for you. if any immigrant have 5 years UAE driving license, wehre driving is same as left hand same as in Canada, then how to obtain Driving License. NEKEOL
Check the below link for UAE procedure....

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/pdf/mv/MASTER_GDL_UG_2010AUG05.pdf

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Zee81 said:
Thanks and what about form E677... should I pre-fill it and take with me or no need to do so... simply I can tell the CBSA officer at the airport?
if you have address in Canada it is better than Pakistan or keep it blank

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
sarkhan said:

Go for the renewal of your passport without any tension. It will not effect your case at all and for this, i can give you full insurance as i have personally did it. Secondly, you don't need any approval from any officer of the passport office because this is the rule that you can renew your passport any time and by chance, if they ask the reason of renewal tell them that you are applying for a visa and the concerned embassy needs a one year validity.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Zee81 said:
Check the below link for UAE procedure....

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/pdf/mv/MASTER_GDL_UG_2010AUG05.pdf
thanks you for info.