+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Have you guys worked out how to transfer funds to Canada?
I am bit confused between before landing Account opening and DD. Pl do share if you have good suggestions
First of all congrats buddy on approval. It was indeed a very long wait.

Try Global pay business solution. Get a USD bank account and convert money from western union to USD and deposit in the bank account. Next use Global pay. it is a website, they'll send you a letter on email which you'll take it to your bank and the bank will do the rest. It worked for Waterloo and the money was sent within three days.

Reactions: hussain-lala

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I had 17000 USD which was going to be converted to 20,600 CAD and the tax deduction was 73 USD by the bank.

Reactions: hussain-lala

_ImranSial

Apr 2, 2018
wa salam dost,

nothing happen, i have got an email few days back which states that "the dept. is still reviewing"
getting confused now, don't know why they are taking too much time, its been 3 and half month submitting the application.

regards,
sorry to hear that bro. sailing in the same boat. they have taken enough time already... don't know what is wrong with them. if anything changes please let me know :'(
regards,

burhan1985

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Port Elgin, ON, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London (VCM)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-Sept-2014
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent already
File Transfer...
05-Jan-2015
Med's Request
28-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
30-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-Aug-2015 (PP Returned)
LANDED..........
03-Oct-2015
Alhamdolillah, just got the Passport Request...
Applied: 30OCT2017
New LOA submitted: 13FEB2018.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Personally, I know around 15 people who got approved and there would be many more that i am unaware of which clearly means that the rate of approval for bonafide students isn't that low. I have always heard from different consultants like the HR, MRC, Times consultant, Sprouts consultants etc that Canada is not issuing visas to Pakistanis and hence i should not even bother applying. Especially after my first attempt which ended up in a refusal and I was almost convinced that they are telling the truth and i shouldn't waste my time reapplying. The reason they used to give was that Abu Dhabi embassy has a lot of Indians and they are just refusing it because they hate us lol. Sounds silly right? However, my family convinced me that i should give another chance as University of Waterloo is 31st in the world for Computer Science and i should not waste such an opportunity and I ended up on this forum. I was so nervous back then that i ended up making this thread so that i can find comfort by knowing the statuses of my other countrymen's applications.

I remember those days when i used to spend countless hours per day on this forum, asking questions about my reasons of refusal and how could i possibly provide an explanation for them to the visa officer. Finally, I applied and my visa was approved though the waiting time was quiet long (5 months) but better late than never right? so the point is that this statement is partly true that they are not issuing study permits to Pakistani applicants because mostly the people who apply are either applying for a diploma which doesn't make any sense as it would not be of much help to your career or their academic and financial profile isn't strong enough for them to support their education. If you are a bonafide student and have excellent academic and financial profile which you should have if you want to pursue education abroad then they wont refuse you. If your intention is pure and your primary purpose is to get education then Inshallah you wont be refused. At the end of day, it is Allah swt who grants success and failure and if you don't get it then maybe it was never meant to be and there is always a possibility that you could be more successful here in Pakistan than if you were in Canada. So never give up hope and have trust in Allah swt for He always wants the best for us.

PANAMA

Jan 9, 2018
Pakistan
Personally, I know around 15 people who got approved and there would be many more that i am unaware of which clearly means that the rate of approval for bonafide students isn't that low. I have always heard from different consultants like the HR, MRC, Times consultant, Sprouts consultants etc that Canada is not issuing visas to Pakistanis and hence i should not even bother applying. Especially after my first attempt which ended up in a refusal and I was almost convinced that they are telling the truth and i shouldn't waste my time reapplying. The reason they used to give was that Abu Dhabi embassy has a lot of Indians and they are just refusing it because they hate us lol. Sounds silly right? However, my family convinced me that i should give another chance as University of Waterloo is 31st in the world for Computer Science and i should not waste such an opportunity and I ended up on this forum. I was so nervous back then that i ended up making this thread so that i can find comfort by knowing the statuses of my other countrymen's applications.

I remember those days when i used to spend countless hours per day on this forum, asking questions about my reasons of refusal and how could i possibly provide an explanation for them to the visa officer. Finally, I applied and my visa was approved though the waiting time was quiet long (5 months) but better late than never right? so the point is that this statement is partly true that they are not issuing study permits to Pakistani applicants because mostly the people who apply are either applying for a diploma which doesn't make any sense as it would not be of much help to your career or their academic and financial profile isn't strong enough for them to support their education. If you are a bonafide student and have excellent academic and financial profile which you should have if you want to pursue education abroad then they wont refuse you. If your intention is pure and your primary purpose is to get education then Inshallah you wont be refused. At the end of day, it is Allah swt who grants success and failure and if you don't get it then maybe it was never meant to be and there is always a possibility that you could be more successful here in Pakistan than if you were in Canada. So never give up hope and have trust in Allah swt for He always wants the best for us.
Yes you are right but my application was refused last week
I am married but applied self only but was refused. Applied on 22 Mar for summer 2018 (May) and refused on 12 April

My profile is

MS Project Management 2017
MBA Finance 2009
B Com Jan 1999
IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0)
Married, four kids
Current Job: Chief Internal Auditor (public sector organization) since Sep 2013
No gap in employment since Feb 1999
Admission: MPA Regina Uni SK
Employer granted leave on half pay for two years
Paid 1st term fee 5053 CAD, Total fee 20000 Cad for two years and living 25000 cad
Bank Statement 71000 Cad my accounts, plus 53000 CAD in wife account since 4 months
Properties 230,000 CAd all documents and valuation from PBA approved valuators
Prepared good SOP and Cover Letter explaining all gaps and other things

Please advise what to do to strong my case and reapply.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I am married but applied self only but was refused. Applied on 22 Mar for summer 2018 (May) and refused on 12 April

My profile is

MBA Finance 2009
B Com Jan 1999
Married, four kids
Paid 1st term fee 5053 CAD, Total fee 20000 Cad for two years and living 25000 cad
Bank Statement 71000 Cad my accounts, plus 53000 CAD in wife account since 4 months

What were the reasons of refusal? You have to share those if you want us to help you. Furthermore, go for caips/GCMS notes so you can know the exact reasons instead of the vague ones given in the letter. By looking at your profile, let me ask you a few things, why are you going for an MPA when you already have similar level qualifications like the MS and the MBA. That doesn't make sense. Furthermore, your age is a factor. The visa officer may think that why is the applicant interested in MPA at this age (38 years of age) when he already have similar level qualifications and it is quiet clear that the MPA wont greatly benefit your career to offset the cost of studying in Canada. So this could be a reason why they refused you because they may think that you are not a bonafide student.

PANAMA

Jan 9, 2018
Pakistan
What were the reasons of refusal? You have to share those if you want us to help you. Furthermore, go for caips/GCMS notes so you can know the exact reasons instead of the vague ones given in the letter. By looking at your profile, let me ask you a few things, why are you going for an MPA when you already have similar level qualifications like the MS and the MBA. That doesn't make sense. Furthermore, your age is a factor. The visa officer may think that why is the applicant interested in MPA at this age (38 years of age) when he already have similar level qualifications and it is quiet clear that the MPA wont greatly benefit your career to offset the cost of studying in Canada. So this could be a reason why they refused you because they may think that you are not a bonafide student.
I chose MPA as I am working in public sector since last ten years. I want to improve my academic knowledge and learn international best practices i public sector administration as it is needed for my job. I wrote a very comprehensive SOP and provided justification for this program. I also provided reasons for doing another masters program.... but refused. the reasons in the letter are:
"upon a complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and the reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona fide student & would depart Canada at end of authorized stay".

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I chose MPA as I am working in public sector since last ten years. I want to improve my academic knowledge and learn international best practices i public sector administration as it is needed for my job. I wrote a very comprehensive SOP and provided justification for this program. I also provided reasons for doing another masters program.... but refused. the reasons in the letter are:
"upon a complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and the reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona fide student & would depart Canada at end of authorized stay".
Clearly they believe that MPA wont further your education. You already have an MS in project management and an MBA so this would be like a triple master that you are going for and I have seen rejection for people who are going for double masters.

previous academic and employment history and the reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona fide student

^This proves my point. I don't think they will approve you for an MPA even if you write a very convincing SOP because your age is also a negative factor. You should go for a Phd and not another master to make your case strong.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hey guys, anyone know if I'm supposed to apply for a Family Registration Certificate or my father? My father's certificate would list my siblings whereas my certificate would only list my lack of a spouse.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Your refusal was quick too, only a few weeks. First of all, apply for CAIPS. Secondly, there's just no point in going for MPA - at least from a VO's POV. You need a clear progression of studies and he doesn't see that. And again, as was stated, normally age isn't too much of an issue as long as you are going for a degree that suits your career - do you already have a background in whatever MPA is? You have been employed as the Chief Internal Auditor and that seems like a good stable job so how would an MPA benefit you in the long term - and I don't mean for personal development (VO will never buy that), how does it benefit you professionally? Do you get a promotion? You could write "It would open up more opportunities for me" and while that is true, so would many other program and why do you want more opportunities after being the Chief Internal Auditor? What does this program do for you?

There are some members here that applied with family and got approval. The key is clear progression of studies. If you ask me this factor is up there with lack of finance as one of the major reasons for refusals for most applications. From hanging out at these forums I've noticed the below major reasons for refusal:

1) Lack of Finance
2) No Clear Progression of Studies
3) Lack of Ties to Home country
4) Lack of travel history

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hey guys, anyone know if I'm supposed to apply for a Family Registration Certificate or my father? My father's certificate would list my siblings whereas my certificate would only list my lack of a spouse.
My father applied for the FRC and it worked for me.

ACMA-WASIM-CMA

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017

My profile is

MBA Finance 2009
B Com Jan 1999
Married, four kids

Did you apply online?
Did you apply Express Entry in the past as well?