+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pain of International students

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
Hello everyone

I am an international student here in Canada, like many other buddies in this forum.
I came to this country 5 years back. Due to my inefficiency or bad luck I didn't got PR so far. I am waiting in the pool with crs 465 points. Everyday and every draw hurting as hell. In few weeks my work permit is expiring. I am not sure of what happens next.
I want to raise our voice and our problems to prime minister, if you feel the same please do it by sending a letter to him.
https://pm.gc.ca/eng/contactpm

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am international student, my work permit expired in June 2014 so had to leave Canada. My PNP was denied due to a very stupid rule.

Will i get additional points due to policy changes ?

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
My PNP was denied due to a very stupid rule.
Due to what rule exactly?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The rule of physical stay of 12 months, i had 17 days less due to some vacations i took during my stay.
Stupid PNP rules :eek:

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
The rule of physical stay of 12 months, i had 17 days less due to some vacations i took during my stay.
Which PNP is this?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Try to get a job first then PR will follow.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Hi friends ,
Me n my wife both r permits have expired in May 2016
We could do nothing but have returned to home country
AINP was the sickest thing on earth that messed our whole
Situation. Every day n minute is spent by prayers and hopes
Cannot wait to see what will be the new rules after fall!

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I totally understand you’re frustrating, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it.
If you work permit expiring soon, why didn’t you renew it? I know finding a job is hard, but try everything. Even if not in your field at least it will buy you some time until you get your new work permit. Don’t just focus on your school or degree and leave work away which results in losing your status!

Also rules are the rules and they exist for a reason, don’t blame the system for your lack of planning! It could be unfair to face such situation I agree but you knew it and decide to over stay. Now I’m not criticizing or judging anyone I’m simply stating facts that could have be avoided if proper planning has been followed.

Good luck to all of us,

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
IELTS was never so much of importance before but now getting full or near to full in IELTS is kind of must to have a great score and get selected in pool.

I kind of also believe that if you work hard then your employer will try their best to keep you.

My employer was ready to apply for LMIA even if nothing works out for me but fortunately only experience letter of one year was enough for me so I didn't have to get into LMIA process.

Good luck and all I can say is wait till September and by God's grace there will be rules which benefit all international students (at least a little boost will keep hopes alive)

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
You're not criticising or judging but insinuating the same :p . The problem is some of our cases are different and difficult. I for example have lost status already, and am sitting at 461 with almost maxed out IELTS and one year Canadian experience, three year bachelor and one year post-grad. So instead of burning money with no work or the ability to renew without the horrid LMIA, I am going to leave the country.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Ottawa-applicant said:
Hi,

I totally understand you’re frustrating, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it.
If you work permit expiring soon, why didn’t you renew it? I know finding a job is hard, but try everything. Even if not in your field at least it will buy you some time until you get your new work permit. Don’t just focus on your school or degree and leave work away which results in losing your status!

Also rules are the rules and they exist for a reason, don’t blame the system for your lack of planning! It could be unfair to face such situation I agree but you knew it and decide to over stay. Now I’m not criticizing or judging anyone I’m simply stating facts that could have be avoided if proper planning has been followed.

Good luck to all of us,
U dont seem to understand or have no idea about work permits. For international students after graduation u get work permit only once it is for the duration of ur study and max up to 3 years. so once these 3 years are up u cannot renew it. The other form of work permit is LMIA supported which employers r reluctant to apply as it involves a lot of paper work which companies do not want to be public or r paranoid. So u see people have to go on other status like visitors visa etc where u cannot work. So u have to leave ur job. See the problems

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
raven00090 said:
You're not criticising or judging but insinuating the same :p . The problem is some of our cases are different and difficult. I for example have lost status already, and am sitting at 461 with almost maxed out IELTS and one year Canadian experience, three year bachelor and one year post-grad. So instead of burning money with no work or the ability to renew without the horrid LMIA, I am going to leave the country.
Did you do your bachelors in Canada? how long your work permit was?

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Bachelors from India and post-grad in Canada, but it expired and PNP closed a few days after I sent a BOWP application, was left with no avenue other than LMIA but employer didn't wish to go that route and I myself agreed not to, after consultations with multiple lawyers who are in good standing with CIC.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
U dont seem to understand or have no idea about work permits. For international students after graduation u get work permit only once it is for the duration of ur study and max up to 3 years. so once these 3 years are up u cannot renew it. The other form of work permit is LMIA supported which employers r reluctant to apply as it involves a lot of paper work which companies do not want to be public or r paranoid. So u see people have to go on other status like visitors visa etc where u cannot work. So u have to leave ur job. See the problems

Hi,

Actually I'm an international student myself! I had 3 years PGWP and was struggling to find job. Don't just assume that I don't! I wouldn’t have reply just for the sake of it, I went through hell and back to find job. Trust me on this when I say people aren’t looking enough.

You’re right employers don’t really like to give LMIA or go thought the process of doing it, but have you tried recruiting agencies, I personally work for one and was able to re-new my work permit. Actually even on implied status now, so just you know what I had to go through. I had to explain to my employer that I’m legally allowed to continue working. So you can imagine how many closed doors I had to knock before one open up!

Still doesn’t mean there are others who didn’t find anything or unlucky but they should haven’t take No for an answer!